• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

One gif, Carved in the Fabled Halls of HaloGAF
One gif, Existing since time immemorial
One gif, stretching forward and forward beyond the heat death of the universe

saidance.gif

belushy

Banned
Forge runs good.

The list of things I WANT but am not demanding (I am)

• FOV Slider (so we can slide our fov)
  • Theater (so we can sit back and grab a bag of popcorn)
  • Spectator Mode (so we can watch the tryhards [would also love being able to watch console matches via pc spectator mode])
  • API support (so we can analyse)

Other than that it is good. I'm battling some video settings problems though. Its definitely on my end whatever it is. I hear it runs great for most other people.

-Ryn

Banned
If we could get some kind of population counter back that'd be neat... how about it 343? I know a guy named George; and he has friends. Could be your friends too.

New OT hype. I wonder if when HW2 comes we get our Halo OT back. Not just trash up H5 OT with other stuff etc.
I'm putting my bets on "Nah mang"

Hitching/frame drops. I turn the settings down pretty good, and it still sometimes is a problem. Vsync seems to have helped but now I get random tearing from time to time. I exceed the specs for the 1080p/60fps.

Huh. Odd. I didn't even meet the recommended specs, but I haven't had any of that yet. I've also just messed around in Forge and had a solo custom on Mercy, so who knows if adding other players will change that.

I haven't used Excel since MIS 161 in freshman year don't make me analyze the fuck outta some words

I think he was referring to the incorrect graph usage and information presentation, lol. Using a line graph for something not involving time as an axis is something of a no-no.

This has probably been answered countless times.

But when does the new update that includes Mercy hit? Can't wait to get my hands on that map!

Madness

How do you take a screenshot in Halo 5 Forge?

The Xbox app (Win+G?) can do lossless caps. Though if you play windowed, regular screen capturing works.

Someone in the other thread said this above when someone else asked how to take pictures. Assuming you would use the app to capture screenshots and record with DVR? Someone was even able to downsample and get pics.

This has probably been answered countless times.

But when does the new update that includes Mercy hit? Can't wait to get my hands on that map!

Tomorrow, with Forge PC and the new REQs.

Think I'm gonna try to make a Snowbound map in Forge. The tunnels may be a pain, if even possible. Never really Forged before.

belushy

Banned
Tomorrow, with Forge PC and the new REQs.

Think I'm gonna try to make a Snowbound map in Forge. The tunnels may be a pain, if even possible. Never really Forged before.

I was just going through forge with mouse and keyboard it is soooo much better than using a controller. The new covie pieces are nice and I was trying to make a few prop like pieces. Fun stuff

Fuchsdh

Are prefabs working? I grouped up my objects, set them to a prefab, but when I try and bring them back in I get a big ole' nothing.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Some Xbox tent levels of salt and naked denial going on in gamer side today. Apparently 4k streaming is perfect now and there's no advantage to 4k discs and nobody buys them anyway.

Meanwhile in OT nobody uses wired headphones anymore unless they lack courage.

Can't wait for NX.

forge showing as unavailable to me at the moment.

is it USA only right now?

[i've got windows 10 anniversary]

Barn version.

Fuchsdh

Some Xbox tent levels of salt and naked denial going on in gamer side today. Apparently 4k streaming is perfect now and there's no advantage to 4k discs and nobody buys them anyway.

Can't wait for NX.

Barn version.

You don't understand. When it was just Blu-Rays, everyone pointed out how it was stupid for Microsoft to abandon them. But that was like two whole years ago. Everything is better now!

(It is hilarious that Sony is pushing 4K and HDR so much to sell their own TVs, but isn't willing to give you a way to get actually high-quality 4K images from anything other than video games.)

wwm0nkey

Can't wait for NX.

Barn version.

I just want to SEE the NX man

Madness

You don't understand. When it was just Blu-Rays, everyone pointed out how it was stupid for Microsoft to abandon them. But that was like two whole years ago. Everything is better now!

(It is hilarious that Sony is pushing 4K and HDR so much to sell their own TVs, but isn't willing to give you a way to get actually high-quality 4K images from anything other than video games.)

They aren't even giving you UHD premium alliance spec standards for their televisions, so their HDR and 4K aren't what they agreed to when they created the alliance.

Even worse is the fanboys on gaming side pretending UHD 4k blu-ray support isn't a big thing now. Sony caught flat footed and even then it isn't enough. Watch as next year, when Scorpio can easily do 1440p/60fps or 4k/30fps, they pretend 1080p/60fps on pro is good enough and resolution and framerate aren't important.

I cannot wait to see the surge for Forge creations the PC version helps enable.. Halo 5 has done amazing things there, and the more support the feature gets, the better.

Can't wait for NX.

I don't get it. I think people feel the need to support something 100% to justify purchasing it to themselves.

It's so rare to see someone say "I mostly like 'x' and will be buying it due to 'y', but I think they could do better and the 'z' feature is near deal breaker that shouldn't be ok". It's just pure blind support or pure blind vitriol.

But seriusly, what the fuck at the PS4pro not supporting 4k disc play. I can't understand that, or why people feel the need to defend it (even if they aren't gonna use the feature, it's flabbergasting to applaud its occlusion).

BradC00

I never got my gold pack from the stream the other day...hoyl fuck i have 270 dollars in microsoft account...I must have bought a bunch of fucking Kinect Fitness shit!

I hope we see some remakes for that Classic/Evolved playlist. You'd figure some PC players would jump on that now, no?
fingers crossed
;'[

Can't wait for NX.

So Scorpio won't disappoint? Should I make a Gaming side thread about this megaton?

Magwik

Banned

Can't wait for NX.

Barn version.
Halo NX confirmed
NX = Nintendo Xbox

Madness

I hope we see some remakes for that Classic/Evolved playlist. You'd figure some PC players would jump on that now, no?
fingers crossed
;'[

Guaranteed. Especially with all reqs unlocked. Imagine the forge poopsockers recreate CE and H2 maps and have CE magnum or H2 BR starts etc.

Can't wait for NX.

Barn version.

Yeah I almost can't stomach it... "I never buy blurays so it's okay!"

Can't wait for NX.

Barn version.

just flick the switch Frankie, FLICK IT.

to the on position, plz.

Top Bottom