• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Auctopus
Member
(03-20-2017, 09:07 PM)
Auctopus's Avatar

Originally Posted by plasmawave

When are they going to create Kyle's ME:A character?

It's most likely going to be an Easy Update but when things are going to be filmed/uploaded is sort of up in the air because of Anniversary Show/Meet-up stuff.
SprachBrooks
Member
(03-20-2017, 09:09 PM)
SprachBrooks's Avatar

Originally Posted by Napalm_Frank

Obligatory:



Makes you wonder how his bank account is holding up after Q1.

Here's the vid for those interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Erju3zgNmzk
wiibomb
Member
(03-20-2017, 09:15 PM)
wiibomb's Avatar

Originally Posted by SprachBrooks

Here's the vid for those interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Erju3zgNmzk

as a person who has been playing hearthstone literally daily for almost a year, I totally relate to ben.

My only exception is that I play it in my free time at work.
Joqu
Member
(03-20-2017, 09:16 PM)
Joqu's Avatar

Originally Posted by SprachBrooks

Here's the vid for those interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Erju3zgNmzk

That video doesn't have nearly enough views
abrack08
Member
(03-20-2017, 09:57 PM)
abrack08's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nasbin

I don't believe this. I refuse to believe this.

Thinking about it more... You could argue the crust is like a breadstick. Breadsticks are common appetizers at pizza places and Italian restaurants. Makes more sense to eat it before the main course than after, it's certainly not dessert!


That's the best defense I got.
Brian_FETO
Member
(03-20-2017, 10:12 PM)
Brian_FETO's Avatar
Nier Automata is GOTY friends

Platinum + Full Bizarre + Full Anime + Bullet Hell

Love when you're playing a game for 20+ hours and you still don't really know what's actually happening (not in an obtuse/frustrating way but in a weird abstract way where you know you aren't getting the full picture)
Joqu
Member
(03-20-2017, 10:15 PM)
Joqu's Avatar
^ There's too many damn GOTYs out there right now. Come on, devs. Make more bad games
Hasney
Member
(03-20-2017, 10:21 PM)
Hasney's Avatar
Yeah, it's an amazing game, but it might settle for top 3 so far, let alone anything else. Zelda and Yakuza 0 still holding strong, but I'm on the 3rd playthrough now so there's still time.

Then there's Persona still... Goddamn
Mista Koo
Member
(03-20-2017, 10:26 PM)
Mista Koo's Avatar

Originally Posted by The Illiterati

Hello, I tried out this podcast(and frame trap) on a whim and quite enjoyed them. As someone who was not a regular viewer of GameTrailers, Kyle Bosman is the only person on the team that I am at all familiar with. Can anyone give me a quick sentence about each member to help me figure out their voices and personalities?

Kyle: Iggy.
Huber: Polnareff.
Brad Kakyoin.
Jones: Joseph (old).
Blood: Avdol.
Ian: Rohan.
Ben: Koichi.
Damiani: Shigechi.
Don: Joseph (young).
HeavenlyE
Junior Member
(03-20-2017, 10:28 PM)
HeavenlyE's Avatar

Originally Posted by Scarl

^ There's too many damn GOTYs out there right now. Come on, devs. Make more bad games

Bioware did us a solid
stan_marsh
Member
(03-20-2017, 10:29 PM)
stan_marsh's Avatar

Originally Posted by HeavenlyE

Bioware did us a solid


SprachBrooks
Member
(03-20-2017, 10:30 PM)
SprachBrooks's Avatar
Anyone know on the progress Bloodworth is making with ME: Andromeda's review?
LiquidSolid
Member
(03-20-2017, 10:33 PM)
LiquidSolid's Avatar

Originally Posted by Axass

Damiani: Resident Zelda guru, knows lots about Nintendo games and is a master troll. He's second only to Ian in cynism, however he does great investigative videos about famous glitches, secrets and easter eggs in games. Does Game Sleuth, Zelda Talk, Eorzean Allies, Retro Game Sessions, streams, reviews, manages the Twitch channel and takes care of the stream during Tuesday Group Streams.

More cynical than Kyle? No way.
Joqu
Member
(03-20-2017, 10:33 PM)
Joqu's Avatar

Originally Posted by HeavenlyE

Bioware did us a solid

Oh man, I knew that was coming. Still burns just as good.
wiibomb
Member
(03-20-2017, 10:36 PM)
wiibomb's Avatar

Originally Posted by HeavenlyE

Bioware did us a solid


ChaosZeroX
Member
(03-20-2017, 10:39 PM)
ChaosZeroX's Avatar

Originally Posted by HeavenlyE

Bioware did us a solid

Napalm_Frank
Member
(03-20-2017, 10:53 PM)
Napalm_Frank's Avatar

Originally Posted by Brian_FETO

Nier Automata is GOTY friends

Platinum + Full Bizarre + Full Anime + Bullet Hell

Love when you're playing a game for 20+ hours and you still don't really know what's actually happening (not in an obtuse/frustrating way but in a weird abstract way where you know you aren't getting the full picture)

I like Nioh and RE7 bit better doe I expect Persona 5 to be a very strong contender.

Haven't played Zelda yet.
Napalm_Frank
Member
(03-20-2017, 11:18 PM)
Napalm_Frank's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mista Koo

Kyle: Iggy.
Huber: Polnareff.
Brad Kakyoin.
Jones: Joseph (old).
Blood: Avdol.
Ian: Rohan.
Ben: Koichi.
Damiani: Shigechi.
Don: Joseph (young).

Kyle: Tyrion
Huber: Tormund
Brad: Jaime
Jones: Eddard
Blood: Stannis
Ian: Roose
Ben: Daenerys
Damiani: Varys
Don: Petyr
Holundrian
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:10 AM)
Holundrian's Avatar

Originally Posted by SprachBrooks

Anyone know on the progress Bloodworth is making with ME: Andromeda's review?

https://twitter.com/dbloodworth2/sta...87951590555648

Originally Posted by Bloodworth

42 hours into Mass Effect, and there's still clearly a very long way to go. No review before launch. Hoping before the weekend.

Wiggy
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:16 AM)
Wiggy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Napalm_Frank

Kyle: Tyrion
Huber: Tormund
Brad: Jaime
Jones: Eddard
Blood: Stannis
Ian: Roose
Ben: Daenerys
Damiani: Varys
Don: Petyr

Kyle: Slugworth
Huber: Mike Teavee
Brad: Violet Beauregard
Jones: Willy Wonka
Blood: Grandpa Joe
Ian: Veruca Salt
Ben: Charlie Bucket
Damiani: Augustus Gloop
Don: Oompa Loompa
Auctopus
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:18 AM)
Auctopus's Avatar
Must've stumbled in to the Easy Allies fan fiction thread by accident again...
Vault Dweller 111
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:29 AM)
Vault Dweller 111's Avatar
I thought we were getting a Frame Trap? :(
Burt
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:30 AM)
Burt's Avatar

Originally Posted by Auctopus

Must've stumbled in to the Easy Allies fan fiction thread by accident again...

No, it's a thread of concerned citizen-allies looking to unearth the truth

We will never let #pizzagate die

wait

no

that name doesn't work at all
Joqu
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:32 AM)
Joqu's Avatar

Originally Posted by Burt

No, it's a thread of concerned citizen-allies looking to unearth the truth

We will never let #pizzagate die

wait

no

that name doesn't work at all

#azzipgate



get it


it's backwards
AlucardGV
Banned
(03-21-2017, 12:46 AM)


Ben.......ya got more of them frametraps?
Napalm_Frank
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:48 AM)
Napalm_Frank's Avatar
when
Joqu
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:50 AM)
Joqu's Avatar
maybe we're in a frame trap
Axass
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:02 AM)
Axass's Avatar

Originally Posted by Wiggy

Kyle: Slugworth
Huber: Mike Teavee
Brad: Violet Beauregard
Jones: Willy Wonka
Blood: Grandpa Joe
Ian: Veruca Salt
Ben: Charlie Bucket
Damiani: Augustus Gloop
Don: Oompa Loompa

Kyle: Shikamaru
Huber: Naruto
Brad: Sasuke
Jones: Kakashi
Blood: Shino
Ian: Ino
Ben: Rock Lee
Damiani: Neji
Don: Kiba
WarRock
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:11 AM)
WarRock's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vault Dweller 111

I thought we were getting a Frame Trap? :(

Schedule says still 6ish more hours, if I'm not fucking up my time zone.
CoolOff
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:28 AM)
CoolOff's Avatar

Originally Posted by MrMette

No, he means Kyle eats his slices of pizza from the crustside instead of the tip.

He what?

Joqu
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:31 AM)
Joqu's Avatar

Originally Posted by CoolOff

He what?

You heard him. Kyle eats bugs
Kneefoil
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:35 AM)
Kneefoil's Avatar

Originally Posted by Axass

Kyle: Shikamaru
Huber: Naruto
Brad: Sasuke
Jones: Kakashi
Blood: Shino
Ian: Ino
Ben: Rock Lee
Damiani: Neji
Don: Kiba

Kyle: Sniff
Huber: Little My
Brad: Moomintroll
Jones: Moominpappa
Blood: Moominmamma
Ian: Misabel
Ben: Hemulen
Damiani: Stinky
Don: Snufkin
mishakoz
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:54 AM)
mishakoz's Avatar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_jSHvGZSfA

Frame Trap up. Going to start a kickstarter for a bottle of windex and a rag for the VO booth window. Extended goals will include decorative stickers.
Burt
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:56 AM)
Burt's Avatar
Oh god

We made it everyone

We can officially stop posting about inane shit

#thetruthisoutthere
Servbot24
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:57 AM)
Servbot24's Avatar
I think a podcast I'd like to see is a spoilercast type of thing, but really focusing on game mechanics and how story comes together and the whole thing. It could be any format - 2 people, or as many people who have beaten the game. Wouldn't even have to be for recent games, it'd be cool to discuss games that have been out for a year or so to keep them from disappearing.
JStein0222
Member
(03-21-2017, 02:05 AM)
JStein0222's Avatar

Originally Posted by mishakoz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_jSHvGZSfA

Frame Trap up. Going to start a kickstarter for a bottle of windex and a rag for the VO booth window. Extended goals will include decorative stickers.

I've never really noticed this before, but I just started the podcast and at times it feels like the Allies heads are swimming around and avoiding their mics a little too much. Soft then loud then soft again. It's something that doesn't really happen with other shows I listen to, so I hope it's an issue that can be ameliorated
sleepwalkcapsules
Member
(03-21-2017, 02:06 AM)
sleepwalkcapsules's Avatar

Originally Posted by Servbot24

I think a podcast I'd like to see is a spoilercast type of thing, but really focusing on game mechanics and how story comes together and the whole thing. It could be any format - 2 people, or as many people who have beaten the game. Wouldn't even have to be for recent games, it'd be cool to discuss games that have been out for a year or so to keep them from disappearing.

Yup.

That's what I want most. As I said here some pages back, wait for Kyle to beat FFXV and get everyone that played it to talk about the game on a spoilercast

It's an evergreen content, EZA hasn't got much of these.
mishakoz
Member
(03-21-2017, 02:10 AM)
mishakoz's Avatar

Originally Posted by JStein0222

I've never really noticed this before, but I just started the podcast and at times it feels like the Allies heads are swimming around and avoiding their mics a little too much. Soft then loud then soft again. It's something that doesn't really happen with other shows I listen to, so I hope it's an issue that can be ameliorated

Yay im one of today's lucky 10,000!
JStein0222
Member
(03-21-2017, 02:19 AM)
JStein0222's Avatar

Originally Posted by mishakoz

Yay im one of today's lucky 10,000!

I don't know this reference and I'm afraid I've made a horrible mistake
ThanksVision
Member
(03-21-2017, 02:23 AM)
ThanksVision's Avatar

Originally Posted by Servbot24

I think a podcast I'd like to see is a spoilercast type of thing, but really focusing on game mechanics and how story comes together and the whole thing. It could be any format - 2 people, or as many people who have beaten the game. Wouldn't even have to be for recent games, it'd be cool to discuss games that have been out for a year or so to keep them from disappearing.

Completely agree. I really wish there were more analyses for games months after launch. After honeymoon period and when everyone has given it time to settle. One of my fav pieces of #content was the GB video where they just sat down with Jonathon Blow like 8 months later and talked through The Witness. Media just comes and goes now, think it would be cool to reflect on these big games before they get left in the dust
Holundrian
Member
(03-21-2017, 02:26 AM)
Holundrian's Avatar

Originally Posted by ThanksVision

Completely agree. I really wish there were more analyses for games months after launch. After honeymoon period and when everyone has given it time to settle. One of my fav pieces of #content was the GB video where they just sat down with Jonathon Blow like 8 months later and talked through The Witness. Media just comes and goes now, think it would be cool to reflect on these big games before they get left in the dust

That wasn't 8 month later though that was pretty close to its release. That said that was a fantastic piece of content. Another standout piece was them sitting down with John Bellomy(programmer at Naughty Dog) doing an Uncharted tech retrospective.
mishakoz
Member
(03-21-2017, 02:36 AM)
mishakoz's Avatar

Originally Posted by JStein0222

I don't know this reference and I'm afraid I've made a horrible mistake

https://xkcd.com/1053/
JStein0222
Member
(03-21-2017, 02:40 AM)
JStein0222's Avatar

Originally Posted by mishakoz

https://xkcd.com/1053/

Oh, I guess I am also one of today's lucky 10,000!
Nasbin
Member
(03-21-2017, 03:46 AM)

Originally Posted by Burt

Oh god

We made it everyone

We can officially stop posting about inane shit

#thetruthisoutthere

We can't keep letting him get away with this...
Last edited by Nasbin; 03-21-2017 at 03:51 AM.
ThanksVision
Member
(03-21-2017, 03:50 AM)
ThanksVision's Avatar

Originally Posted by Holundrian

That wasn't 8 month later though that was pretty close to its release. That said that was a fantastic piece of content. Another standout piece was them sitting down with John Bellomy(programmer at Naughty Dog) doing an Uncharted tech retrospective.

you're totally right.. maybe i didn't get around to watching it for a few months because i wanted to 100% the game first. just felt like more time had passed. thx for clarifying!
LinkGray
Member
(03-21-2017, 04:08 AM)
LinkGray's Avatar
Lmao at that Huber diaper talk on Frame Trap
Omegabalmung9
Member
(03-21-2017, 04:10 AM)
Omegabalmung9's Avatar

Originally Posted by LinkGray

Lmao at that Huber diaper talk on Frame Trap

Just got to that part lol.

We really need some diaper fanart.
Elfforkusu
Member
(03-21-2017, 04:23 AM)
Elfforkusu's Avatar
Huber is 100% correct about the Hateno Village music.

And that walk up the hill with the slow fade in...
Holundrian
Member
(03-21-2017, 04:35 AM)
Holundrian's Avatar
The latest waypoint radio episode has some really good and interesting talk about Nier:Automata without them having even finished all the endings it's just talk mostly limited to route A. Makes me even more psyched if EZA ever gets to a indepth talk about Nier:A.
Joqu
Member
(03-21-2017, 04:50 AM)
Joqu's Avatar

Originally Posted by LinkGray

Lmao at that Huber diaper talk on Frame Trap

I'll never look at huber the same way again

edit: he has a collection............

Thread Tools