• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Neoxon
Junior Member
(01-31-2017, 02:10 AM)
Neoxon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Edzi

Agreed that the MCZ sticks need to be removed, though I wouldn't recommend the Crystal if you plan on playing on PC. In my brief time with it there seemed to be a lot of driver related issues.



It definitely needs an update. I made it to platinum a couple weeks ago, though I haven't really played ranked since so I don't know how fraudulent it is now.

Well, just the TE2+ & TES+. The OG TE2 works just fine.
lucebuce12
Member
(01-31-2017, 02:15 AM)
lucebuce12's Avatar

Originally Posted by abstract alien

As a FANG player, and I supposed to be getting smashed by Zangief? He pretty much does what he wants with me the entire match. What's the match up?

Play perfectly for 90% of the round and then lose if he gets one jump-in.
ScraftyDevil
Member
(01-31-2017, 02:18 AM)
ScraftyDevil's Avatar

Originally Posted by ScraftyDevil

I'm attempting to seriously learn Birdie right now but I'm struggling to decide on which button to keep held down for Bull Horn. MK seems ideal but by doing so I lose access to V-Skill which is kind of essential...

Bumpin' this again because I haven't been able to find a concrete answer. Most places suggest MK or HK but I use both of those buttons a lot.
Edzi
Member
(01-31-2017, 02:19 AM)
Edzi's Avatar

Originally Posted by lucebuce12

Play perfectly for 90% of the round and then lose if he gets one jump-in.

This sums up a lot of matchups in this game. I know people say Jump Fighter V as a joke, but it's pretty true. More often than not, you're rewarded for playing like a nut.
lucebuce12
Member
(01-31-2017, 02:25 AM)
lucebuce12's Avatar

Originally Posted by ScraftyDevil

Bumpin' this again because I haven't been able to find a concrete answer. Most places suggest MK or HK but I use both of those buttons a lot.

I personally use st.hk.

cr.mp and cr.hp are my key AAs so that's a no-no. st.lk is necessary cause it's his fastest normal. so that leaves mk,hk and lp.

Originally Posted by Edzi

This sums up a lot of matchups in this game. I know people say Jump Fighter V as a joke, but it's pretty true. More often than not, you're rewarded for playing like a nut.

For real lol, it's been one of my main complaints with the game since it came out.
Last edited by lucebuce12; 01-31-2017 at 02:27 AM.
killu4what
Member
(01-31-2017, 02:34 AM)
killu4what's Avatar
Just beat the 51th rank (NoNeedtoTalk) player and it doesn't even register. Not only do I not the get the points but I can't even see the replay. He trashed me in the runbacks.


Edit- I can get the replay from his profile. He lost the points(200lp) I just did not receive them. I'm surprised he rematched most people are cowards
Last edited by killu4what; 01-31-2017 at 02:42 AM.
Grakl
Member
(01-31-2017, 02:56 AM)
Grakl's Avatar

Originally Posted by killu4what

Just beat the 51th rank (NoNeedtoTalk) player and it doesn't even register. Not only do I not the get the points but I can't even see the replay. He trashed me in the runbacks.


Edit- I can get the replay from his profile. He lost the points(200lp) I just did not receive them. I'm surprised he rematched most people are cowards

it takes a while for it to register sometimes, it'll show up eventually
HardRojo
Member
(01-31-2017, 03:38 AM)
HardRojo's Avatar

Originally Posted by sixteen-bit

Now I actually want E.Ryu :/ I actually liked him back in SF4, he felt similar yet substantially different from regular Ryu.
Gr1mLock
Passing metallic gas
(01-31-2017, 03:44 AM)
Gr1mLock's Avatar

Originally Posted by HardRojo

Now I actually want E.Ryu :/ I actually liked him back in SF4, he felt similar yet substantially different from regular Ryu.

No
lucebuce12
Member
(01-31-2017, 03:47 AM)
lucebuce12's Avatar
It would be a damn shame if Evil Ryu made it into SF5 before Violent Ken.
lupinko
Member
(01-31-2017, 03:50 AM)
lupinko's Avatar
They should add the PC features like motion blur for PS4 Pro. That and a higher res to show it off.
mbpm1
Member
(01-31-2017, 04:00 AM)
mbpm1's Avatar

Originally Posted by lucebuce12

It would be a damn shame if Evil Ryu made it into SF5 before Violent Ken.

Evil sean will come instead.

Tired of his sisters' bullying, Sean revisits the days of 2nd impact in a rage
lucebuce12
Member
(01-31-2017, 04:01 AM)
lucebuce12's Avatar
Better yet, Violent Honda.

Same Honda, just looks purple and has a scowl on his face.
mbpm1
Member
(01-31-2017, 04:03 AM)
mbpm1's Avatar

Originally Posted by lucebuce12

Better yet, Violent Honda.

Same Honda, just looks purple and has a scowl on his face.

that's not how evil works, you need to have the cheapness, like steerable buttslam that can crossup or stay in front and +1 on block hands
lucebuce12
Member
(01-31-2017, 04:05 AM)
lucebuce12's Avatar
This is SF5, where Akuma is mid tier.
Last edited by lucebuce12; 01-31-2017 at 04:09 AM.
remz
Member
(01-31-2017, 04:44 AM)
remz's Avatar
necalli got e ryu's axekick ye just play him
FluxWaveZ
Member
(01-31-2017, 04:49 AM)
FluxWaveZ's Avatar
Man, the longer a set goes, the more irritated I always get and that impatience visibly manifests itself in the way I play. I hate it.
Gr1mLock
Passing metallic gas
(01-31-2017, 04:53 AM)
Gr1mLock's Avatar

Originally Posted by FluxWaveZ

Man, the longer a set goes, the more irritated I always get and that impatience visibly manifests itself in the way I play. I hate it.

I'm the opposite. After 3 or so games i usually have a decent read on most opponents. I'm no good in collecting data in short sets.
Rickenslacker
nothing's easy
nothing's too hard
(01-31-2017, 04:55 AM)
Rickenslacker's Avatar
Since I'm still waiting on them to stock up might as well pitch for opinions. For my next stick I'm looking to get one of the eTokki Omnis. Up 'til now I've only used Sanwa sticks but I've heard some interesting things about Korean-style sticks that make me want to start giving them a shot, like the lack of gate and rubber tension, with things like dashing being easier on them as well. Any thoughts?

Originally Posted by lupinko

They should add the PC features like motion blur for PS4 Pro. That and a higher res to show it off.

Oof, people can play with the motion blur on? I find it so distracting.
FluxWaveZ
Member
(01-31-2017, 04:56 AM)
FluxWaveZ's Avatar

Originally Posted by Gr1mLock

I'm the opposite. After 3 or so games i usually have a decent read on most opponents. I'm no good in collecting data in short sets.

I mean sets in tournaments against strong opponents, or even sometimes in Ranked matchmaking. Obviously, in casuals, long sets give me a chance to get to know their habits and adjust, but I can't seem to properly adjust mentally when it comes to matches that matter.
ScraftyDevil
Member
(01-31-2017, 05:03 AM)
ScraftyDevil's Avatar
So, what costume and colour combination do y'all use?

I like Colour 10 of Mika's battle costume, Colour 5 of Urien's story costume, and Colour 6 of Birdie's story costume:


I think you can tell a lot about a person based on the colours they use. It's kinda like a reflection of their personality.
Gr1mLock
Passing metallic gas
(01-31-2017, 05:05 AM)
Gr1mLock's Avatar

Originally Posted by FluxWaveZ

I mean sets in tournaments against strong opponents, or even sometimes in Ranked matchmaking. Obviously, in casuals, long sets give me a chance to get to know their habits and adjust, but I can't seem to properly adjust mentally when it comes to matches that matter.

It's a tough game for that in many respects. At the end of the day you just can't react to scrambles that can dramatically swing a round. Most of the data you gather will be on offense. Whether they hit buttons during strings or tech on wake up etc. Not adjusting isn't really a personal fault. It's just how the game is designed. Potentially further exacerbated by your character choice. You can get 4 out of 5 anti airs but that fifth one you miss will cost you the whole round. It is very hard to play clean in SFV and I'd argue not even worth the effort.
SolarPowered
Member
(01-31-2017, 05:09 AM)
SolarPowered's Avatar

Originally Posted by ScraftyDevil

So, what costume and colour combination do y'all use?

I like Colour 10 of Mika's battle costume, Colour 5 of Urien's story costume, and Colour 6 of Birdie's story costume:



I think you can tell a lot about a person based on the colours they use. It's kinda like a reflection of their personality.

Fangs that use colors 10 and 15 tell me they're the coolest SFV players ever. I love navy blues and whitish colors mixed together.
lucebuce12
Member
(01-31-2017, 05:19 AM)
lucebuce12's Avatar

Originally Posted by SolarPowered

Fangs that use colors 10 and 15 tell me they're the coolest SFV players ever. I love navy blues and whitish colors mixed together.

Always nice to have validation :)
Mr. X
Member
(01-31-2017, 05:19 AM)
Mr. X's Avatar
Bah just play characters that best let you impose your will and make the match go at your pace like Guile.
Rickenslacker
nothing's easy
nothing's too hard
(01-31-2017, 05:32 AM)
Rickenslacker's Avatar

Originally Posted by ScraftyDevil

So, what costume and colour combination do y'all use?

I think you can tell a lot about a person based on the colours they use. It's kinda like a reflection of their personality.

I tend to go with orange or green schemes. I stick to default Karin using colour 8, or I use her holiday costume with its default colour because I really don't like the colours they use on the fur linings on the other schemes.

I seldom use Urien but when I do I go with colour 13 on his default costume.
Skilletor
Member
(01-31-2017, 05:33 AM)
Skilletor's Avatar
I like blue colors, or white with blue accents.
lucebuce12
Member
(01-31-2017, 05:35 AM)
lucebuce12's Avatar

Originally Posted by Skilletor

I like blue colors, or white with blue accents.

What do you think of F.A.N.G's colour 10? Second row, right most.

Also I personally enjoy slightly light purple as well.
Skilletor
Member
(01-31-2017, 05:37 AM)
Skilletor's Avatar

Originally Posted by lucebuce12

What do you think of F.A.N.G's colour 10? Second row, right most.

Also I personally enjoy slightly light purple as well.

If I used Fang, IŽd use 10 or 12. Ž

10 is dope.
lucebuce12
Member
(01-31-2017, 05:40 AM)
lucebuce12's Avatar
Agreed, 10 is my personal favourite. 12 seems fitting for a villain, 10 seems fitting for an assassin.

Also number 15 is also dope. Tough to see in the picture I linked but he has grey hair in that costume which gives him a bit of a wizened assassin look which I like. But sadly, it's locked behind reaching level 50 :(
ScraftyDevil
Member
(01-31-2017, 05:43 AM)
ScraftyDevil's Avatar
What are Birdie's best meaty buttons? sHK is good if they quickrise and sLK can be timed to beat 3-framers but I have no idea what to do if they delay wakeup or back tech.
LuciusAxelrod
Member
(01-31-2017, 06:25 AM)
LuciusAxelrod's Avatar
Well, I lost About 2500 LP tonight after not playing ranked for months. From Platinum all the way down to Gold. I feel like trash. I don't know what's up with me, I feel like I was doing so much better against Platinum+ players in Casual than I am against these Gold players. I guess it's not in the card for me to play Akuma.
Edzi
Member
(01-31-2017, 06:28 AM)
Edzi's Avatar

Originally Posted by LuciusAxelrod

Well, I lost About 2500 LP tonight after not playing ranked for months. From Platinum all the way down to Gold. I feel like trash. I don't know what's up with me, I feel like I was doing so much better against Platinum+ players in Casual than I am against these Gold players. I guess it's not in the card for me to play Akuma.

People in casual don't play like people on ranked. Ranked is much harder since people are using their mains and playing to win.

Also, yeah, it's easy to lose with Akuma.
abstract alien
baby dolphin -> sun
it's the only way
(01-31-2017, 06:38 AM)
abstract alien's Avatar

Originally Posted by lucebuce12

Play perfectly for 90% of the round and then lose if he gets one jump-in.

Ah, ok. Glad it isn't just me. I thought I was just terrible for a moment there. I probably am, but it's nice to know there is something compounding my terribleness.


Originally Posted by ScraftyDevil

So, what costume and colour combination do y'all use?

I like Colour 10 of Mika's battle costume, Colour 5 of Urien's story costume, and Colour 6 of Birdie's story costume:

FANG, battle #10 all day every day.
allintospace
Member
(01-31-2017, 06:48 AM)
allintospace's Avatar

Originally Posted by ScraftyDevil

So, what costume and colour combination do y'all use?

Default costume with colour 13 for both Birdie and Karin.
Kashiwaba
Member
(01-31-2017, 06:59 AM)
Kashiwaba's Avatar

Originally Posted by LuciusAxelrod

Well, I lost About 2500 LP tonight after not playing ranked for months. From Platinum all the way down to Gold. I feel like trash. I don't know what's up with me, I feel like I was doing so much better against Platinum+ players in Casual than I am against these Gold players. I guess it's not in the card for me to play Akuma.

Casual is never enough to prepare you for ranked matches lol. i learned that the hard way with my crappy juri, I thought i was doing well with her on casuals so i should jump to ranking, but they destroyed me there.
OmegaTreeFish
Member
(01-31-2017, 07:33 AM)
OmegaTreeFish's Avatar

Originally Posted by lupinko

They should add the PC features like motion blur for PS4 Pro. That and a higher res to show it off.

Oh god no. The motion blur is terrible. Just fix the shadows and up the resolution of the textures. Then if they can increase the games resolution. Thats all it really needs.
Shackzam
Member
(01-31-2017, 08:37 AM)
Shackzam's Avatar
I really like the ugliest color on my character. The only problem is that I play Balrog and most of his colors are pretty dope. If I had to choose I like color #5 on his story costume.
Sayad
Member
(01-31-2017, 08:44 AM)
Sayad's Avatar
How much better does this make Alex?
Gr1mLock
Passing metallic gas
(01-31-2017, 08:59 AM)
Gr1mLock's Avatar
Not SF related but Twitch cops finally let Lord Aris out of twitch jail.
mnz
Member
(01-31-2017, 09:31 AM)

Nemo's Personal Top and Bottom 5
Top 5: Guile, Urien, Dictator, Gief, Necalli
Bottom 5: Juri, Ryu, Alex, FANG, Nash

"Balance is overall good, but so many buffs/nerfs came at once for the top/bottom,so good strats against new top tier are still undeveloped"

"Since the balance is good, small advantages make top tier. However, I think Urien will remain strong even after people learn the matchup."

https://twitter.com/fubarduck/status/826283560663339008
Last edited by mnz; 01-31-2017 at 09:34 AM.
SolarPowered
Member
(01-31-2017, 09:36 AM)
SolarPowered's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sayad

How much better does this make Alex?

This is even rarer than landing crush counters on a non-dizzy opponent thanks to the overhaul v-skill. Would be more interesting if he could do it off EX flash chops that require meter, but have way less startup frames than HP chop.
ShadowKhaN
Banned
(01-31-2017, 11:11 AM)
Was never able to find a main throughout the entirety of sf4. Now a year into 5, still no main.

This is so frustrating and limits my potential so much, cant even enjoy the game.

Anybody else like this? I stuck with urien but now I just feel he is completely braindead, blah
Spuck-uk
Member
(01-31-2017, 11:12 AM)
Spuck-uk's Avatar

Originally Posted by MrCarter

Capcom's animation of this game is mesmerising - If only they worked on everything else as much.

Well, they outsourced the characters, so...
Spuck-uk
Member
(01-31-2017, 11:14 AM)
Spuck-uk's Avatar

Originally Posted by ScraftyDevil

So, what costume and colour combination do y'all use?

I like Colour 10 of Mika's battle costume, Colour 5 of Urien's story costume, and Colour 6 of Birdie's story costume:



I think you can tell a lot about a person based on the colours they use. It's kinda like a reflection of their personality.

Whatever is the most violently pink one. Balrog is super fun for this.
mnz
Member
(01-31-2017, 11:28 AM)

Originally Posted by Spuck-uk

Well, they outsourced the characters, so...

Pretty sure they don't outsource animation!?
Would be really hard to do that with a fighting game.
myco666
Member
(01-31-2017, 12:14 PM)
myco666's Avatar

Originally Posted by mnz

https://twitter.com/fubarduck/status/826283560663339008

So Gief actually went from bottom to top in S2? Atleast according to Japan that is.
Neoxon
Junior Member
(01-31-2017, 12:17 PM)
Neoxon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Spuck-uk

Well, they outsourced the characters, so...

The models, yes. The animations were done internally.
MrCarter
Member
(01-31-2017, 01:19 PM)
MrCarter's Avatar

Originally Posted by Spuck-uk

Well, they outsourced the characters, so...

lol no they didn't. Some of the modelling work was, which is not unusual within the gaming industry.
Mr. X
Member
(01-31-2017, 01:21 PM)
Mr. X's Avatar

Originally Posted by ShadowKhaN

Was never able to find a main throughout the entirety of sf4. Now a year into 5, still no main.

This is so frustrating and limits my potential so much, cant even enjoy the game.

Anybody else like this? I stuck with urien but now I just feel he is completely braindead, blah

I bet you're silver ranked.

Originally Posted by myco666

So Gief actually went from bottom to top in S2? Atleast according to Japan that is.

It's one opinion tho. And remember, their Gief players are Itazan and FAB if he plays.
Last edited by Mr. X; 01-31-2017 at 01:23 PM.

Thread Tools