• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

renegade_dewitt
(02-13-2015, 07:37 PM)

Originally Posted by Xeroblade

I don't think you can at all.

I have but it is very cumbersome: copy the link to the channel, open mobile browser, go to the archived stream (while viewing twitch channel in desktop mode), then play....yea...
justinluey
(02-13-2015, 07:50 PM)

Originally Posted by renegade_dewitt

yeah..unfortunately Twitch iOS app doesn't make it easy to watch archived streams easily...someone should let them know, but now that they have bought by Amazon, who knows?

I'm not the type of person to assume the worst or question motives, but it's 2015 and they are owned by Amazon, so it's hard to believe they don't have the resources to offer a full featured service. Even their web site makes it difficult to find past content.

I think Twitch is a fine choice for their live broadcasts, but they should handle their own archives. 'Colin and Greg Live' should also be a podcast.
justinluey
(02-13-2015, 07:55 PM)

Originally Posted by renegade_dewitt

I have but it is very cumbersome: copy the link to the channel, open mobile browser, go to the archived stream (while viewing twitch channel in desktop mode), then play....yea...

I've tried that on the iPad and the archive page won't even load when you select "Desktop" and on the Wii U browser the page loads, but the videos won't play.
stan_marsh
(02-13-2015, 08:02 PM)
Great show!
Leependi
(02-13-2015, 08:22 PM)
I'm liking the KF stuff so far but there's plenty of room for improvement.

One of the things that's been bugging me is how much their content is advertised/spammed on Twitter. I understand it on the KindaFunny account but I don't really think it's necessary to have every video linked to from Colin and Greg's accounts as well.

Something else I hope they start doing more of is taking letters, questions etc from the viewers. It was always one of my favourite parts of Beyond and KF doesn't really have anything like that yet. Greg mentioned this on the live thing the other day so I assume they'll work something out soon.

Finally, having special guests on the GOG show is cool and all, but I'm not sure a guest is needed every week. Would be cool to space it out a bit so every now and then we get a week where it's just the four of them, would also make having a special guest more special.

Sorry if this sounded all negative, just meant as some constructive criticism.
MattyG
(02-13-2015, 08:31 PM)
I'm watching it now. Greg subbed to the thread and Colin made an account? FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC.

Verify that shit, Bish.
EdReedFan20
(02-13-2015, 08:33 PM)

Originally Posted by MattyG

I'm watching it now. Greg subbed to the thread and Colin made an account? FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC.

Verify that shit, Bish.

When it's a (relatively) well known person, can the registration process be expedited?
bananafactory
(02-13-2015, 08:35 PM)

Verify that shit, Bish.

Colin made an account?!

Megaton of megatons.
MattyG
(02-13-2015, 08:36 PM)

Originally Posted by EdReedFan20

When it's a (relatively) well known person, can the registration process be expedited?

I believe so. I've seen people tweet at Evilore and he's pushed them through immediately, but it may be a rare thing.
Choomp
(02-13-2015, 08:53 PM)

Verify that shit, Bish.

Sweet! This is great! Hope to see them around. Missed the show due of lack of Internet, but I'll watch the archive.

Did I get a mention? I'm the one who tweeted it to Greg y'know. :)
bananafactory
(02-13-2015, 08:54 PM)
Apparently our good friend Pandamusk made a new video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k74yB2q_NZ8

For any of you out there celebrating valentines day
EdReedFan20
(02-13-2015, 08:55 PM)

I believe so. I've seen people tweet at Evilore and he's pushed them through immediately, but it may be a rare thing.

I just Tweeted to Colin that he should try that. Hopefully he sees it.
Captainbojanglesiii
(02-13-2015, 09:07 PM)
Pandamusk really knocked it out of the park with Once Upon a Tim. Excellent work. Really cool that others got their voices featured in the video too. Good stuff.
MattyG
(02-13-2015, 09:11 PM)

Originally Posted by EdReedFan20

Awesome idea!

Thanks!

Just so you guys know, I'm going to try to post these daily video lists around 4-5 PM EST every week day. I'll be putting it in the bottom of the OP as well. Obviously you can find all these videos on their channels, but I thought it might be nice to have links to them all in one place!
bananafactory
(02-13-2015, 09:12 PM)

Thanks!

Just so you guys know, I'll probably do these daily video lists around 4-5 PM EST every week day. I'll be putting it in the bottom of the OP as well. Obviously you can find all these videos on their channels, but I thought it might be nice to have links to them all in one place!

Thanks. It's hard for me to find all the content sometimes so it's nice to have it collected in one place like this :)
EdReedFan20
(02-13-2015, 09:17 PM)

Originally Posted by Captainbojanglesiii

Pandamusk really knocked it out of the park with Once Upon a Tim. Excellent work. Really cool that others got their voices featured in the video too. Good stuff.

I recognized Kristine as the narrator due to her doing the PS+ videos. Clements did this month's, though.
Choomp
(02-13-2015, 09:19 PM)
Pandamusk rules. That Beyond gif they made hit me hard
bananafactory
(02-13-2015, 09:21 PM)

Originally Posted by Choomp

This one?

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/B9k7P3vCIAE24hc.mp4

Me too :(
EdReedFan20
(02-13-2015, 09:21 PM)

I wonder if he'll want to (or they'll ask him) to animate their Kinda Funny High School cartoon.

Edit- Oh, god. They just posted their review of 50 Shades of Grey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3qqh9Grcp0
Last edited by EdReedFan20; 02-13-2015 at 09:31 PM.
Choomp
(02-13-2015, 09:34 PM)

Originally Posted by bananafactory

This one?

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/B9k7P3vCIAE24hc.mp4

Me too :(

Yup.

EdReedFan20
(02-13-2015, 09:43 PM)

Yup.

That's a lot of tears. Whenever I see that gif, I think how is it pouring out like that? It doesn't seem normal.
ReubyJuice
(02-13-2015, 09:51 PM)

Originally Posted by Leependi

I'm liking the KF stuff so far but there's plenty of room for improvement.

One of the things that's been bugging me is how much their content is advertised/spammed on Twitter. I understand it on the KindaFunny account but I don't really think it's necessary to have every video linked to from Colin and Greg's accounts as well.

Something else I hope they start doing more of is taking letters, questions etc from the viewers. It was always one of my favourite parts of Beyond and KF doesn't really have anything like that yet. Greg mentioned this on the live thing the other day so I assume they'll work something out soon.

I agree with some of your points - I also hope they take some letters/emails from viewers. It's a good way to connect even further with the community and answer questions that often lots of others may have as well.

I can see how it's annoying that they constantly retweet everything from everyone's various accounts, but I can also definitely see why they do it. Greg just hit 200k followers on Twitter, Colin's got about 95k, but the KindaFunny Twitter account only has about 30k followers. It's an easy way to get advertisement out to people who don't follow KindaFunny. I imagine in time (a long time, likely) that the repeat tweets might taper off.
Last edited by ReubyJuice; 02-13-2015 at 09:54 PM.
MattyG
(02-13-2015, 09:53 PM)
Devolver Digital and Twitch.tv are hosting a screening of World 1-1, the Lighthouse Pictures documentary following the rise of Atari, which just so happens to feature Kinda Funny's own Colin Moriarty! Tune in at 2:15 PT/4:15 CT/5:15 ET!

Our passion for video games and film came together to create a movie about the pioneers that brought to life such an amazing medium.
Before we were able to start, we (Daryl Rodriguez and Jeanette Garcia) had no money and chose to use Kickstarter for help. After 30 days of reaching out to people via emails, phone conversations and Skype interviews, we achieved our Kickstarter funding goal with the help of our backers, family, and friends. Less than one year later, we were able to complete the film.
World 1-1 is an independent documentary on the early history of video games. The personalities of the pioneers, the creations of the engineers, and the challenges, technology and business deals. See the games and hear the stories from the creators themselves.
This is the story of how Atari helped create the games industry years before it should have happened. World 1-1 follows the lucky deals and unfortunate mistakes that almost destroyed the entire industry just as quickly as it was born.

Trailer
Stream
ReubyJuice
(02-13-2015, 09:59 PM)
One thing I'm really hoping they do is further dividing their Youtube channel into playlists. I would really love to be able to watch all of the videos for Multiplayer Mondays, Teaching Tuesdays, etc. in one go, rather than having to look for each episode from each week in the general "Let's Play" playlist.

I realize it's a first world problem, but I feel that it would give these individual series some continuity.
phen0m24
(02-13-2015, 10:12 PM)

Originally Posted by gameovergreggy

<3

I love how that's Greg Miller and he's junior member.

Someone give the man a title
bananafactory
(02-13-2015, 10:14 PM)

Originally Posted by phen0m24

I love how that's Greg Miller and he's junior member.

Someone give the man a title

Didn't you know?

He's the unsung hero

:P
Choomp
(02-13-2015, 11:02 PM)
Yeah, hopefully someone approves Colin and gives him and Greg both tags or something.
sora87
(02-13-2015, 11:09 PM)
Really happy my idea got picked for the first thread title! :)
Choomp
(02-13-2015, 11:26 PM)
I know it's too late but just for the hell of it:

Kinda Funny Community Offical Thread l Starring Jim Carrey as Spiderman
MattyG
(02-14-2015, 12:37 AM)
Kinda Funny Reacts - Fifty Shades of Grey Review
Magicgamer101
(02-14-2015, 12:43 AM)
Fun story, my topic got picked for the latest season of a conversation with Colin, the review embargo one and Greg absolutely butchered my name loool. I guess it is hard to pronounce it without hearing it first.

But it's cool getting to interact with people you watch everyday in some little way <3
@Wreck
(02-14-2015, 01:34 AM)

Originally Posted by gameovergreggy

<3

<3 team fat!!!!!
bananafactory
(02-14-2015, 01:35 AM)

Originally Posted by @Wreck

<3 team fat!!!!!

everyone knows Greg quit team fat a long time ago

that shirt he continues to wear is a bold faced lie
Choomp
(02-14-2015, 01:40 AM)

everyone knows Greg quit team fat a long time ago

that shirt he continues to wear is a bold faced lie

More like team flat

!!!!!!AHHHHoOHHH!!!!!! ....eh
KumaJG
(02-14-2015, 01:41 AM)
Scarpino and Getty DA gawdsss
bananafactory
(02-14-2015, 01:55 AM)
Holy shit at Tim and Greg playing Criminal Girls

Wtf is with that game? LOL. Jeeez

"But you're the pure one"
"I'm also a nasty motherfucker"
O_O

Last edited by bananafactory; 02-14-2015 at 02:06 AM.
Noks415
(02-14-2015, 02:34 AM)
EdReedFan20
(02-14-2015, 03:09 AM)

Originally Posted by sora87

Really happy my idea got picked for the first thread title! :)

It was an excellent choice.
JJP12
(02-14-2015, 04:52 AM)
I know I'm hella late but the kinda funny community thread shout out at the beginning of the stream today was really cool. Can't believe Colin is making a gaf account. We should bug Tim and Nick to make an account as well.

Apparently our good friend Pandamusk made a new video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k74yB2q_NZ8

For any of you out there celebrating valentines day

My god. That was amazing lol
EdReedFan20
(02-14-2015, 06:08 AM)

Originally Posted by JJP12

I know I'm hella late but the kinda funny community thread shout out at the beginning of the stream today was really cool. Can't believe Colin is making a gaf account. We should bug Tim and Nick to make an account as well.

My god. That was amazing lol

I wonder if Panda made this new video at the same time he made The GameOverGreggy Show intro, because they share moments like the Beauty and the Beast ballroom scene and The Little Mermaid scene. It's either that, or he recycled those moment into this new video. One things for certain, Tim was much luckier with the princesses in The GameOverGreggy Show intro than he was in this video. Yikes!
MattyG
(02-14-2015, 06:50 AM)
Where do I find the Patreon exclusive episodes? I pleged to both pages today, and they posted something on Google+ about the exclusive episodes being up, but I don't see them anywhere on the Patreon pages. I can see other Patreon exclusives like the December episode and the January episode, but I can't find the new ones.
bananafactory
(02-14-2015, 06:54 AM)

Where do I find the Patreon exclusive episodes? I pleged to both pages today, and they posted something on Google+ about the exclusive episodes being up, but I don't see them anywhere on the Patreon pages. I can see other Patreon exclusives like the December episode and the January episode, but I can't find the new ones.

All of their episodes should end up under here:

Kinda Funny Games:

https://www.patreon.com/kindafunnygames?ty=c

Kinda Funny:

https://www.patreon.com/kindafunny?ty=c

Make sure you're logged in. You can access it by going to their main Patreon page and clicking the "Creations" tab. It's not totally clear, took me a while to figure that out
MattyG
(02-14-2015, 06:56 AM)

All of their episodes should end up under here:

Kinda Funny Games:

https://www.patreon.com/kindafunnygames?ty=c

Kinda Funny:

https://www.patreon.com/kindafunny?ty=c

Make sure you're logged in. You can access it by going to their main Patreon page and clicking the "Creations" tab. It's not totally clear, took me a while to figure that out

Huh, that's weird. I looked there, the last thing I see posted is the Valentine's video. Maybe it isn't showing it because I just pleged today? And for past episodes, I can only see MP3 versions. Weird.
bananafactory
(02-14-2015, 06:56 AM)

Huh, that's weird. I looked there, the last thing I see posted is the Valentine's video. Maybe it isn't showing it because I just pleged today? And for past episodes, I can only see MP3 versions. Weird.

It should be instant.

Does this link work for you?

https://www.patreon.com/creation?hid=1688991

This is what I see under their creations

MattyG
(02-14-2015, 07:00 AM)

It should be instant.

Does this link work for you?

https://www.patreon.com/creation?hid=1688991

This is what I see under their creations

Nah, it just redirects me to the main Patreon page. Both pages are under my "currently supporting" list on the home page. My card hasn't been charged yet, and in the FAQs it says that they don't charge until the first of the month, so maybe I won't be able to see the videos until March 1st or something.
bananafactory
(02-14-2015, 07:01 AM)

Nah, it just redirects me to the main Patreon page. Both pages are under my "currently supporting" list on the home page. My card hasn't been charged yet, and in the FAQs it says that they don't charge until the first of the month, so maybe I won't be able to see the videos until March 1st or something.

Hmmm, it's possible. I thought you got the content instantly but maybe not. Give it a few days, then maybe try reaching out to them. I wonder if they'll check the thread

Edit: Just had a thought - how much did you pledge?
MattyG
(02-14-2015, 07:03 AM)

Hmmm, it's possible. I thought you got the content instantly but maybe not. Give it a few days, then maybe try reaching out to them. I wonder if they'll check the thread

Edit: Just had a thought - how much did you pledge?

I'm waiting to get paid, so I only pleged a dollar each for now. I'm going to up it to $5, $10 or $15 tier once I have more money, but I just wanted to get in now so I could see the Gary Witta and Persona episodes.

It probably is just a matter of waiting though. Maybe by monday it'll have sorted itself out.
bananafactory
(02-14-2015, 07:06 AM)

I'm waiting to get paid, so I only pleged a dollar each for now. I'm going to up it to $5 or $10 once I have the money, but I just wanted to do it now so I could see the Gary Witta and Persona episodes.

From their Patreon page:

$1 gets you the exclusive episode, but you need $5 to get the MP3 early and $10 for the video early.

I am thinking that even though the episode is "live" right now that's only for the people who get it *early*. It might not be out for everyone else until Monday

Edit: Yeah I just double checked, both the Persona and Whitta podcasts are "next weeks episodes". The backers of $5/$10 just get them a bit early.
Last edited by bananafactory; 02-14-2015 at 07:08 AM.