• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

Hylian7

Steam used to have this batch of default avatars you could choose from and a ton of peruvians used this one (and really the only explanation as to why is that it's a silver-haired anime-looking dude and they found it cool) to the point where it became sorta synonymous with them

People would flame this avatar at the load-in screen, trolls would use it for added spice, etc. Granted this was mainly 2012-2013 era US-East and entirely anecdotal and there's probably plenty of people who've never encountered it or at least the reaction to it.
Gotcha, I had no idea it was among the default avatars. At first glance I thought it was Dante from DMC or something, but on closer look saw it was not.

Yazzees

I know it must be from some game but I have no idea what. I don't think it's on the default list anymore, which I guess is why you hardly see it now.

thinking.gif

Got back into Dota lately after half a year and been losing every match. I forgot how to play the game apparently, which is too bad.

Maybe I should look up the Art of PRM Farming on Reddit to groove back into the game with some success.

Hylian7

Fuck Nintendo and their stupid pre-orders at ungodly hours that go out in two minutes.

4am Amazon SNES Classic preorder... Fuck off.

shira

yeah. border customs taxed $3 and canada post takes $10 for processing items subject to duty/tax :|

ahh thought you meant wlf added a $10 handling fee for fragile items
looks big af

Fuck Nintendo and their stupid pre-orders at ungodly hours that go out in two minutes.

4am Amazon SNES Classic preorder... Fuck off.

aren't they supposed to have a huuuuuuuuuuge stock

shira

Lucky fucker.

I can't escape work to go to GameStop, and even if I could it wouldn't fucking matter. Nintendo is such a shitshow with this.

A R T I F I C I A L. S C A R C I T Y
I actually got 2, just walked into EB after work.

The preorder was up for 2 minutes on BB. Literally 3 button clicks at 1pm

Fuck the fucking fuck Dota fucking community. Siltbreaker would be so awesome but if you dont pick the right 4 heroes, someon leaves. If somebody fucks up stupidly somewhere in the first 10 minutes, someone leaves (IT DOESNT MATTEr, YOU GET ENOUGH LIFES IF YOU PLAY OK AFTERWARDS). FUCK THIS SHIT:

What is the level of toxicity of the community for somebody who want to try the game in 2017 ?
The steam review section is concerning.

Is it mic or text chat, i think i can endure more easily textual toxicity.

shira

What is the level of toxicity of the community for somebody who want to try the game in 2017 ?

Is it mic or text chat, i think i can endure more easily textual toxicity.

Depends what region you are in and your skill level. CIS, SEA and SA are notoriously difficult to crack without going crazy. Then again they all play on US East.

If you know your way around a MOBA/RTS type game you should be ok.
But it's at least a 100-1000 hour barrier to entry to feeling comfortable in knowing what you are doing.

If you are a female I would recommend not using mic.

I think new players are text and voice muted until level 20 anyway. So you can listen and learn for the first 20 hours or so.
Supposedly they are matching new players with highly rated/well-mannered veterans, but I'm not sure how long that will last.

Depends what region you are in and your skill level. CIS, SEA and SA are notoriously difficult to crack without going crazy. Then again they all play on US East.

If you know your way around a MOBA/RTS type game you should be ok.
But it's at least a 100-1000 hour barrier to entry to feeling comfortable in knowing what you are doing.

If you are a female I would recommend not using mic.

I think new players are text and voice muted until level 20 anyway. So you can listen and learn for the first 20 hours or so.
Supposedly they are matching new players with highly rated/well-mannered veterans, but I'm not sure how long that will last.

All right thanks for all explanations and advice ! I'll play in South America region.

I'm trying to git gud and carry more instead of offlane all of the time. What are the safelane benchmarks nowadays? 50 lh 10 deny at 10 was my old general goal but I know things have changed. Got 64/11 with PL last night and that felt good but not crazy.

Got my QoP Nendo.

For some reason that looks a lot more like DP to me than QoP.

I'm trying to git gud and carry more instead of offlane all of the time. What are the safelane benchmarks nowadays? 50 lh 10 deny at 10 was my old general goal but I know things have changed. Got 64/11 with PL last night and that felt good but not crazy.

I average 60/30 on LS which is probably my best Pos 1 hero. But every once in a while I do this. Also possible on Jugg. I would say 100 total by 10m is a good barometer, with a preference for LH over DN.

Hylian7

Fuck Time Warner Cable/Spectrum/whatever they are now. They told me I would have internet in my new apartment today, now they say not till Thursday...

For some reason that looks a lot more like DP to me than QoP.

I average 60/30 on LS which is probably my best Pos 1 hero. But every once in a while I do this. Also possible on Jugg. I would say 100 total by 10m is a good barometer, with a preference for LH over DN.

Yeah these benchmarks are generally about right. Granted, this might not be possible every single game. Such as heroes like Spectre that benefit from the farm, but can easily be bullied out of farm and you have to get Talon + Vanguard and survive.

Denies are more important than ever these days, as they increased the amount of XP they take away a few patches ago.

Something to keep in mind about this too: if you go Midas, it's more efficient to Midas a lane creep than walk to the jungle to Midas a big one and miss all those CS while you are gone.

Huh Matt is following KKona...that secret mason rumour may have some merit to it.. which means DC.EE is more likely..

Either that or that is the biggest jebait in the history of jebaits...

Top Bottom