• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EGM June 2008 Reviews and Rumors

7Th

- Persona 4 in North America before the end of 2008, Persona PSP and PS3 in the works.

excited.gif

UEFA Euro 2008 - B+, B+, A
Good: Through passes finally work, online integration
Bad: Goalkeepers are unnaturally good

Excellent! Totally getting this game now.

dili

This Persona PS3 rumor has been mentioned far too much for it to be taken lightly. EGM had another rumor of an SMT for the PS3 back in their febuary issue of this year as well. They must know something to be constantly reiterating this "rumor" every couple issues. I personally would love to see another SMT or a Digital Devil but Persona is still great with me.

Definitely excited though. I hope to see a return of cuberpunk themes for SMT this gen like Shin Megami Tensei of the 90s.

Persona PSP = yes please!

mik

mik is unbeatable
SuperSonic1305 said:
Viking: Battle for Asgard - D+, C-, C+
Good: Epic, bloody battles
Bad: Repetitive fetch quests, no replay value
Man, my experience with that game was decidedly different.

Yaweee

P4 by Christmas sounds plausible, a PSP remake sounds plausible, but a PS3 game? That sounds like bullshit, as they've hinted in the past at a genuine SMT4.

AniHawk

How is that Castlevania rumor worded? Sounds really strange that they'd make a separate one for the Wii and then do a PS360 one.

dili

P4 this year seems very likely as I can't think of anything Atlus has planned for the 2nd half of the year. I expected Etrian Odyssey II to be a Q3/Q4 game but Atlus has already announced a Q2 release which makes me question what Atlus has planned for the rest of the year and it's not like Atlus USA still has a lot of choices in terms of new PS2 releases. Those X360 games are summer games as well iirc. Persona 4 seems highly probable,then theres the rumored Yggdra Union PSP game and perhaps Knight in the Nightmare can make it out this year as well if were lucky.... It's a Sting game,so it's only a matter of time before Atlus USA picks it up.

Nobody said anything about a PSP "remake".

EGM made no mention of "SMT4",they made mention of a new SMT in development for PS3,and last I recall,Persona is SMT. Either way it's not as if the rumors are all that incredibly different anyway. :\

RiverBed

Banned
wsippel said:
Well, 1up released this one a few days ago:

395.JPG
yes, but 1UP said to see EGM for more info. so did they show anything?

PS. please leave GTA4 bickering in the GT4 Bickering thread. thanks.

Dascu

AniHawk said:
How is that Castlevania rumor worded? Sounds really strange that they'd make a separate one for the Wii and then do a PS360 one.
Not really. The "leaked screens" showed connectivity with the Wii. There's also rumours floating around that IGA plans to have 2 games focusing on the 1999 event. It would make perfect sense to have those 2 games on Wii/DS. Also, remember the rumour that the Clive Barker's Jericho studio is working on a next-gen Castlevania? Fits really nice with this rumour.

Next-gen "mature/gory" 3D Castlevania for PS360, 2D Metroidvanias for Wii/DS.

Askia47

"MGS4 PS3 bundle will be VERY limited. If you haven't pre-ordered by June you might be screwed"

why is this? shouldnt the bundle be as available as the motorstrom bundle? or are they talking about the gun metal bundle?

Guy Legend

Askia47 said:
"MGS4 PS3 bundle will be VERY limited. If you haven't pre-ordered by June you might be screwed"

why is this? shouldnt the bundle be as available as the motorstrom bundle? or are they talking about the gun metal bundle?

Should be the gunmetal version. Sony themselves said that the gunmetal version will be very limited. The regular 80gb bundle should be widely available for quite some time.

Elios83

Askia47 said:

They definetly mean the Gun Metal Edition. The standard bundle should be available without problems for all the summer.

Castle of Shikigami III - C+, C+, B-
Good: It's a shoot-em-up on Wii
Bad: It's too short and too tough
It's shit like this that makes my heart pump pure anger.

Blast Works looks like it did well though. And holy crap @ all that Castlevania goodness potentially in the pipe. I'm down for all of it.

AniHawk

Dascu said:
Not really. The "leaked screens" showed connectivity with the Wii. There's also rumours floating around that IGA plans to have 2 games focusing on the 1999 event. It would make perfect sense to have those 2 games on Wii/DS. Also, remember the rumour that the Clive Barker's Jericho studio is working on a next-gen Castlevania? Fits really nice with this rumour.

Next-gen "mature/gory" 3D Castlevania for PS360, 2D Metroidvanias for Wii/DS.

Hadn't known there would be connectivity with a Wii/DS version. But that sounds weird for Konami to make a 2D console game on a disc. I'm thinking WiiWare or it's some crappy 3D game with shitty whip controls.

Dascu

AniHawk said:
Hadn't known there would be connectivity with a Wii/DS version. But that sounds weird for Konami to make a 2D console game on a disc. I'm thinking WiiWare or it's some crappy 3D game with shitty whip controls.
Yeah, I think it'll be for WiiWare as well. It would make most sense.

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
omg rite said:
Get a 360 then?

Isn't Bioshock 2 going to be 360 exclusive for a while too?

I will get a 360 someday, but I'm waiting until they make some statement regarding fixing the problems related RRoD. They haven't come out strong enough to say they've unequivocally fixed the problem, and until they do I'm sitting it out. If they never come out and say it, I'll probably never buy one. Plus I'm hoping by then they'll be quieter with smaller chips and put wifi in there for free like every other console and handheld on the market. I don't know why that bugs me so much, but it really bugs me that the DS has wifi in it at $129 and the 360 wifi card is $100. That just rubs me the wrong way like nothing else, especially since I need wifi.

It sucks though, I would really like to own one for quite a few games that are exclusive to 360, like Bioshock mostly, and Gears, Halo, Mass Effect, and Alan Wake looks very very promising to me.

Gwanatu T

Chinner said:
mario kart gameplay is dumbed down because they've taken out snaking?

If that's dumbed down then I guess I love simple games. Snaking was the bane of Mario Kart DS. Period. It absolutely ruined the game. There's nothing dumbed down about MKWii, I'm sorry. If adding waggle and motorcycles wasn't enough then what is, turning it in to Diddy Kong Racing?

dacuk

Kevtones said:
Tecmo Bowl Wii ?
Alien Crush Wii ?
Castlevania Wii ?

:D

Nobody is talking about the GREAT scores for Blast Works :(

It is far more entertaining to watch the SDF and MDF battling it out to see what GTA version is 0.00000001 more awesome.

Now stop with that whole "Metroidvania"/"Devil May Vania" shit and finally give me my spiritual successor to CastleVania for N64.

Top Bottom