• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls now out on mobile

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Make sure you leave a review! That will really help getting it featured

Kthulhu

Yeah, the one and the same.

LINE Games is the publisher for the mobile Skullgirls.

There will be stickers and everything!

>When you remember you live in America where everyone still uses SMS and come to the realization that you'll never get to use Skullgirls stickers.

giphy.gif

Dinjoralo

>When you remember you live in America where everyone still uses SMS and come to the realization that you'll never get to use Skullgirls stickers.

giphy.gif

Yep. Though everyone's probably using WhatsApp or something. Never heard of Line before this. I should prolly make an account so I get cloud save.

So... Is Fukua in this? >3> Oh, and a dumb thing I'd like to see changed: Holding one finger on the screen, then putting another finger on makes you do your charge move. Shouldn't that make you guard? P :

Kthulhu

Yep. Though everyone's probably using WhatsApp or something. Never heard of Line before this. I should prolly make an account so I get cloud save.

So... Is Fukua in this? >3> Oh, and a dumb thing I'd like to see changed: Holding one finger on the screen, then putting another finger on makes you do your charge move. Shouldn't that make you guard? P:

Line is a popular messaging app in South Korea and Japan. Apparently it's got a few users in the west too.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
In-app Products
€4,99 - €104,99 per item

yeah you can fuck right off again

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Played a few rounds, feels and looks -really- good. The way the moves are outlined is pretty intuitive so far, really nice job! Its definitely a polished experience.

Yes, its gacha but if you're skilled youll be able to do well, I think

Beckx

Regarding the Android device restrictions...

LINE is pretty strict about only allowing devices they've tested for performance, and will be gradually relaxing Android device restrictions as they confirm the performance is acceptable on them.

this is good news, I'll check back every now and then and hope G3 is added.

tuxfool

Banned
Regarding the Android device restrictions...

LINE is pretty strict about only allowing devices they've tested for performance, and will be gradually relaxing Android device restrictions as they confirm the performance is acceptable on them.

It runs kinda sluggishly at times on my Nexus 6. Given that, I can see why they would limit it to newer devices.

Dreavus

Just in under the line with minimum requirements.

Game plays pretty well. It's reminding me of blazeblue mobile a bit which isn't really a good thing since the progression wall kicks in in that game pretty fast. Seems a little more skill based (and no pointless fodder fights) with more meaningful upgrades though, so that's cool.

I'll stick with it for now! But I could see myself hitting a wall at some point.

What's the difference between different colour fighters? Is it just elements/stats or do the moves/combos change too?

Ravidrath

What's the difference between different colour fighters? Is it just elements/stats or do the moves/combos change too?

Elements, stats and signature abilities.

Bronze / Silver / Gold cards also have different intro animations.

so apparently this is a gacha farmfest

While we weren't directly involved with the monetization, we did insist that it be possible to buy a free thing every day or two just by doing the daily events, and that's possible.

As for the monetization, I'm told they targeted something "a little more generous than Injustice and Contest of Champions."

Game is nice on my iPad. Haven't felt the need to spend any real money yet and the game isn't naggy about it whatsoever. It did start feeling a bit repetitive after playing almost all day but yeah, it's great for what it is. I'm highly confused about the pvp though. Like, I'm clearly not playing other players in real time, right? But they also act very different to both each other and the story mode AI. What gives?

Cellsai

Game is nice on my iPad. Haven't felt the need to spend any real money yet and the game isn't naggy about it whatsoever. It did start feeling a bit repetitive after playing almost all day but yeah, it's great for what it is. I'm highly confused about the pvp though. Like, I'm clearly not playing other players in real time, right? But they also act very different to both each other and the story mode AI. What gives?

The AI for the Prize Fights is amped up considerably from the Story Mode and Events. I gather that PFs are the core replayable part of the game while Story and Events are more to get people started and to have something a little more easygoing to play.

Also, STICKERS:
https://t.co/7DLAkcEYyX

They're only for iMessage at the moment as far as I can tell.
C'mon, LINE, I need my fix.

Ravidrath

I'm highly confused about the pvp though. Like, I'm clearly not playing other players in real time, right? But they also act very different to both each other and the story mode AI. What gives?

You're not fighting someone in real-time.

It's a more difficult AI playing with a team pulled down from another player.

Santini

Just chiming in for the folks that can't play the game yet on their Android devices but still want to check it out.

Grab the Nox App Player (an Android emulator for Windows and OS X) and you should be able to run the game.

You can log in via your Google Play and/or LINE accounts so you can transfer your progress to your device if it does get supported. I've mapped touch input and swipes to keyboard and mouse within Nox and it's worked very well for me. As an aside, I've also played Vainglory and Injustice 2 using this emulator. YMMV depending on your hardware setup (emulated apps have crashed for me at times, so emulation isn't 100% perfect or stable).

This is my first real exposure to Skullgirls and I'm really enjoying it on mobile so far. I'm definitely going to pick up 2nd Encore for PC and/or the Vita--I love the aesthetic and overall presentation and am looking forward to see what the original game offers.

Cellsai

Any word on a Japanese App store release, or did I totally miss it when I searched the store like a bozo?

Unfortunately they've given no word on a JP release date. I'm in Japan too though and it's a pretty simple process to VPN your way into the US store to grab it.

AEREC

Is there anyway to setup teams so that I dont have to keep swapping out individual fighters before a match?

Also is there a way to set your defending team for the Prize fights or does it just use the last team you fought with?

Cellsai

Is there anyway to setup teams so that I dont have to keep swapping out individual fighters before a match?

Also is there a way to set your defending team for the Prize fights or does it just use the last team you fought with?

Not yet. I really do hope they add that feature at some point. Prize Fights is driving me mad with the constant character swapping.

I think it's just the last team you fought with. I know there was plans in older versions to set your team, but they've removed any mentions of it from the loading screen tips, so I don't know if it's coming back.

Did anyone here try to enter the Eliza Prize Fight? What kind of point total did you finish with? I'm curious to see what the general spread is.
For me it was around [Bronze: 450,000 - Silver: 1,200,000 - Gold: 6,100,000]

BurningNad

Not yet. I really do hope they add that feature at some point. Prize Fights is driving me mad with the constant character swapping.

I think it's just the last team you fought with. I know there was plans in older versions to set your team, but they've removed any mentions of it from the loading screen tips, so I don't know if it's coming back.

Did anyone here try to enter the Eliza Prize Fight? What kind of point total did you finish with? I'm curious to see what the general spread is.
For me it was around [Bronze: 450,000 - Silver: 1,200,000 - Gold: 6,100,000]

I only tried Bronze, as I didn't have any Silver or Gold fighters, but I guess I need to play a lot more as I stopped at around 40k points. What kind of win streaks did you have? I found it tough to win after 3. Those point totals are ludicrous.

Cellsai

I only tried Bronze, as I didn't have any Silver or Gold fighters, but I guess I need to play a lot more as I stopped at around 40k points. What kind of win streaks did you have? I found it tough to win after 3. Those point totals are ludicrous.

Once you get a decent streak going the points totals go up reeeeeally fast. Steaks max out at 5x multiplier at 16 wins.

Once you figure out how the AI behaves it gets a lot easier to maintain streaks too. Though I find the Bronze events actually the hardest to maintain streaks in for some reason.

AEREC

Once you get a decent streak going the points totals go up reeeeeally fast. Steaks max out at 5x multiplier at 16 wins.

Once you figure out how the AI behaves it gets a lot easier to maintain streaks too. Though I find the Bronze events actually the hardest to maintain streaks in for some reason.

Cool...got Eliza (bronze) even though I thought I didn't get far in the prize fights.

I'm so confused with how the energy works. I know it's seperate systems between story mode and prize fights but I've leveled up and it looked like my energy replenished but the next fight screen says it's empty (also vice versa). Not sure if it's a bug or just a really complicated energy system that I don't fully understand.

Love this game so far though...don't think I've been this addicted to a mobile game since the first Injustice (injustice 2 really sucks).

Game is pretty cool but theres way too much IAPs. Also really annoying how ive gotten 4 characters and 2 of them were literally the exact same that i started the game with, the other was a different colored peacock(least its stats were different). Only got 1 new character.

Cellsai

I'm so confused with how the energy works. I know it's seperate systems between story mode and prize fights but I've leveled up and it looked like my energy replenished but the next fight screen says it's empty (also vice versa). Not sure if it's a bug or just a really complicated energy system that I don't fully understand.
That's a bug. For some reason the XP gain screen shows you your level ups from one or two fights in the past. By the time it shows you've leveled up, you've already used a bunch of your refreshed energy. It's extremely confusing and I basically just ignore when I level up now.
Hopefully that'll be fixed soon.

I love that they're using Beowulf's theme in the trailer. They know where the hype is.

Doubt my phone can run the game but I hope it does well. Lab Zero and Skullgirls as a property deserve all the support they can get.

cwistofu

I haven't played much, but there's a whole lot going on with currencies and moves and levels and whatnot

what should i be spending my coins on, and what should i be spending my blue shards on?

BigEmil

Yay it's compatible with my old OnePlus One phone installing

Edit: I get this weird error message can't log in with any of the 4 choices I'm from EU
Edit 2: Its because I didn't allow permissions now it works

AEREC

I haven't played much, but there's a whole lot going on with currencies and moves and levels and whatnot

what should i be spending my coins on, and what should i be spending my blue shards on?

Buy premiere relics and spend coins on power up skills, starting with character abilities, extended combos and juggle finishers that are just above the character portrait in their powerskill menu.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Skullgirls mobile is sold by LINE o_O? when did that happen?

Edit: ah, you all already talked about that already. good to know :D

Dinjoralo

I have an LG K20 Plus. Downloading. Does everyone have Android 7.0 Nougat?

My OnePlus 3T's on Nougat! It's running pretty well for me.

Thinking of all the characters I've seen... I don't think Squigly, Double, Ms. Fortune, Robo Fortune, Beowulf, or Fukua are playable yet. Hopefully, they're coming soon. I want me some Double.

Played it on my friend's iPhone, man the game looks so sliiiick. I love Skullgirls, man - even if I'm plum awful at it. I'll keep checking every week or so if Nexus 5X gets whitelisted, I wanna see if this brings in new art and use of characters that didn't make it far in the polls and such.

Cellsai

I'm really enjoying it so far but does anyone know how to perform the juggle finisher upgrade?

Juggle finisher just tacks on another hit to your air combos. It does pretty major damage. Try using a character without the upgrade, and then use another of the same character with the upgrade to see the difference!

Cellsai

This was posted over on the Skullgirls Mobile forum:
We plan to include a more thorough version of this in-game in one of our upcoming updates, but in the interim we wanted to share the rare reward rates for our Fighter-based Relics:

PREMIERE RELIC
Gold: 3.36%
Silver: 14.42%

PREMIERE RELIC (BONUS)
+1 Bonus Relic included every time 10 Relics are purchased at once
Gold: 6.79%
Silver: 28.99%

CHARACTER RELIC
Gold: 3.04%
Silver: 21.22%

CHARACTER RELIC (BONUS)
+1 Bonus Relic included every time 10 Relics are purchased at once
Gold: 6.06%
Silver: 42.42%

SHARD TO GET RELIC
Gold: 4.97%
​
A couple of final notes:

All percentages are accurate as of version 1.2.0
Relics use a random number generator to select rewards, there is no additional logic involved

Top Bottom