• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

Kelsdesu

I only played Witcher 3, never felt like I needed to know shit from past games. There's the occasional character that he clearly knew from a past game, but they're usually presented in a way where it's alright to be meeting them for the first time in W3.

Yes, but an hour on the wiki to brush up on the goings on of Witcher 2 should do ya.

Good lookin out. Im just going to play 3.

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
So I was informed that my grandma had died earlier today. She fell down some stairs in my mom's house and hit the floor face first. She had a bad knee so it may have been a factor, I'm not sure. What I do know is that when my mom got home she found my grandma on the floor completely cold. Paramedics got there and did their thing but soon came to the conclusion that there was nothing they could do for her.

Talked to the family and everybody is taking it hard. If y'all remember last year I lost my aunt to domestic violence so hearing about this made me freeze for a bit. I'm sure the funeral is gonna be in NC where my mom lives but I won't be down there until Christmas. I plan to pay my respects there.

So...yeah.

D i Z

So I was informed that my grandma had died earlier today. She fell down some stairs in my mom's house and hit the floor face first. She had a bad knee so it may have been a factor, I'm not sure. What I do know is that when my mom got home she found my grandma on the floor completely cold. Paramedics got there and did their thing but soon came to the conclusion that there was nothing they could do for her.

Talked to the family and everybody is taking it hard. If y'all remember last year I lost my aunt to domestic violence so hearing about this made me freeze for a bit. I'm sure the funeral is gonna be in NC where my mom lives but I won't be down there until Christmas. I plan to pay my respects there.

So...yeah.

Damn. Condolences to you and yours.

Flowmoney

I have a question , what is LGBT like amongst the black community?

Are your family and friends typically accepting towards it?

I know when it comes to rap and hip hop , it's still pretty prevalent for people to say awful anti LGBT things. Does that reflect how people around you generally act?

I mean there is also the possibility of like strict Christian values and pride. I wonder because everyone around me is not accepting , is that an isolated case or is it very common?

I made like thread earlier but only because I wasn't aware of this OT.

So...yeah.

Sorry to hear that, Champloo. Hope you are doing alright.

LotusHD

Banned

So...yeah.

Thoughts and prayers are with you man, that's an awful way to find out a loved one has died. :(

I know when it comes to rap and hip hop , it's still pretty prevalent for people to say awful anti LGBT things. Does that reflect how people around you generally act?

I mean there is also the possibility of like strict Christian values and pride. I wonder because everyone around me is not accepting , is that an isolated case or is it very common?

Damn, I really don't how my family, especially my extended family, views it. Now that I think about it, I only know for a fact that my mother has no issues. As for the black community, well, currently I'm in a pretty diverse place, but back when I was in high school, people were pretty homophobic in a way you'd assume most high schoolers would be back then.

And then as for my friends, yea, they're accepting of it.

Loudninja

So...yeah.
Sorry you going though this stuff man :(

Beefy

So...yeah.

Sorry for your loss

--------------

Afternoon fam

Sch1sm

My family isn’t accepting of it for religious reasons, but they respect people’s rights. They pretty much have that, “Long as it isn’t affecting me,” mentality when it comes to the LGBT community.

Among my friends, it’s a mixed bag. It depends on a number of factors, but I’d say there’s a significant uptick in support/acceptance of the community. It could also be that it’s not acceptable to be against them in a public domain where I’m at. In middle school and high school it was rampant, but now not so much.

So...yeah.

Sorry for your loss, bud.

—

Mornin’, BCT.

zeemumu

So...yeah.

I'm sorry, Champloo

Faustek

I'm so sorry to hear that. My condolences Champloo.

--

https://alternativeright.hopenothate.com

Damn, this dude actually spent a year undercover throughout the "alt-right" in the states. This read really only tells what most of us already knew. This is a Nazi organization that is arming themselves and hoping and wishing for the death of everyone that doesn't follow what they see as the norm. Straight and white.
How they got more members as Trump took officer. How they "forgave" the Orange fuck after his comments on Charlottesville.
Weird ass fetish for Sweden and old Nordic mythology.
Arming and educating their younger members to be a militia ready to kill.
Cheering on and praying to Odin for more Pulse like slaughters.

And no one has taken action. And it's gaining strength in all the west.

Edit: also how some of them actually had contact with the Trump administration.
People will still deny it but there it is. Waiting for the video.

RedSwirl

I bought Witcher 2 and 3 during a steam sale. The thing is I really don't want to play 2 since 3 Im told is amazingand I only have time to play one. Does the Witcher story have continuity at all between games?

Just flip through the timeline page on the Wiki man. Maybe look up the pages for the major characters.

I'm so sorry to hear that. My condolences Champloo.

--

https://alternativeright.hopenothate.com

Damn, this dude actually spent a year undercover throughout the "alt-right" in the states. This read really only tells what most of us already knew. This is a Nazi organization that is arming themselves and hoping and wishing for the death of everyone that doesn't follow what they see as the norm. Straight and white.
How they got more members as Trump took officer. How they "forgave" the Orange fuck after his comments on Charlottesville.
Weird ass fetish for Sweden and old Nordic mythology.
Arming and educating their younger members to be a militia ready to kill.
Cheering on and praying to Odin for more Pulse like slaughters.

And no one has taken action. And it's gaining strength in all the west.

Edit: also how some of them actually had contact with the Trump administration.
People will still deny it but there it is. Waiting for the video.

That thread on this is small...I wonder why. No wait, we all know why😕

So...yeah.

I'm sincerely sorry, man.

So...yeah.

My condolences to you & yours.

Kreed

I've never seen so much Puerto Rico or Mexico news coverage in my life.

So...yeah.

Condolences to you and your family Momo.

D i Z

Mornin' Squadron BCT.

I've never seen so much Puerto Rico or Mexico news coverage in my life.

We're getting a ton of the Mexico earthquake coverage out here as well. Mostly search and rescue stuff, but I don't ever recall a time when news covered these territories in trouble like this before.

I found THE most toxically masculine Twitter account lmao. Runs a "Mancast" "for men."

Suggests your wife doesn't care about your problems, and you should not complain to her like one of her girlfriends.

It's truly fascinating.

Numb

giphy.gif

Top Bottom