• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Sweet, happy to hear it.

Yeah, the NXT tour here last year. I suppose it was in December. This year has gone frighteningly quick. I really liked him and his character, just one of those things I noticed.

Not sure what they are doing with Buddy Murphy. He can really go and is an awesome worker. He never really got to show off what he can do on NXT TV either compared to what I have seen of him. I think he actually has a "NXT's best kept secret" kind of gimmick going but hasn't gotten to show it yet.
Both he and Blake got lost when they split up because their entire gimmick was mostly defined by being managed by Alexa Bliss.

Given that the gimmick was basically them kind of in-fighting to impress Alexa it would have been kinda weird to keep it going now that Murphy is engaged to Alexa.

klonere

Banned
The hype around Ben K died down, I think mainly due to Dragon Gate being a bit cold overall but now that they are picking it back up again, it's crazy how good this guy is 2 years in. He's got the poise, the presence, the look of a total star and is putting it together in ring frighteningly fast in a very demanding style.

But he's got the Shibata shoot headbutt as one of his signature spots now so COME THE FUCK ON JAPAN.

Respect the maha raja

Respect the maha racist.

So nakamura would have still had two to go!

More like maha raCIST

pRRsH8I.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just read about the Jinder Nakamura segment...

What in the actual fuck were they thinking?

miserable

The same thing Vince is always thinking...

...my audience are stupid

every time this gets brought up, I instantly think of that shit video Vince made that most people call it "the beginning of the Attitude Era" where he says "we don't like to insult the audience's intelligence (as opposed to WCW)"

yet he's been doing that ever since

klonere

Banned
Dragon Gate - Masaaki Mochizuki vs YAMATO (c) Dream Gate Championship

https://youtu.be/n1n87xpvhYg?t=537

It's free wrestling.

Watch it. Watch it. Watch it. Watch it. Watch it. Watch it. Watch it. Watch it. Watch it.

EDIT: Don't be put off by the video length, the match is 24:20 long, not 40 minutes.

The trouble was never rest holds and always that wrestlers have forgotten how to make holds compelling - or, really, wrestling's changed so drastically that the style isn't useful anymore. Audiences won't react for it like they did 50-60 years ago.

There's an amazing Baba vs Destroyer match from the 70's that's built entirely around a headlock and is generally considered a masterpiece, but most would probably find it boring and lack the patience to appreciate the work they're putting into the hold. Like that infamous Bryan vs Cesaro match in PWG that's all Bryan trying to escape a headlock, lots of people hated it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
DDT Apartment wrestling goes for 40 minutes or so and is better than most of anything anyone will see ever.

It's good. Most people in this thread only watch WWE. That said, sometimes WWE is better than DDT. Conceptually though, DDT is one of the best.

Zach

This super event ain't even on legitshook.com. What the heck is strobogo doing over there?! Needs to get off his thicc duff and get to work!

Top Bottom