• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band Platform |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
XShagrath said:
Did you ever see the video where they bussed people out to a warehouse in the middle of the desert and prepped them on how to survive after Year Zero? That shit was so intense!

That was awesome. Apparently he's said there's new stuff coming this year, I can't wait to hear where he goes next.

ravien56

Terrordactyl said:
Corpse Bride is a rare case and only looks as good as it does because it is stop/go animation. The movie is essentially a shit load of super high res photos being played before you, so for that reason you canot compare it to any other animated film unless it is also of the same nature. Shitty movie made by Tim Burton is shitty though.
I thought we were buddies Terror, sharing Dj Hero DLC and everything. You dissed Mad Men yesterday and today Corpse Bride. What's wrong with the movie?

Ronabo

XShagrath said:
Did you ever see the video where they bussed people out to a warehouse in the middle of the desert and prepped them on how to survive after Year Zero? That shit was so intense!

Yeah I have a Year Zero shrine folder on my hard drive. :D

XShagrath said:
KFMDM - A Drug Against War

just popped up on RBN.

OMFG!

That's gonna be arm rape on drums.

MrOctober

Banned
The limited edition SF4 sanwa tourny stick for the 360 is on sale on amazon for 98 bucks. PS3 gets shafted once again. (note I didn't check if the PS3 stick is also on sale).

ravien56 said:
I thought we were buddies Terror, sharing Dj Hero DLC and everything. You dissed Mad Men yesterday and today Corpse Bride. What's wrong with the movie?

:lol It feels like a running joke with Madmen, I've only seen 2 episodes of it. I just don't like Tim Burtons movies in general. I hate how pretentious he comes off, like "I AM ART-Y". All of his movies have the same tone, and I don't think they are ever particularly well done, I always get at least one person telling me I'm stupid when I confess this.

MrOctober

Banned
Terrordactyl said:
:lol It feels like a running joke with Madmen, I've only seen 2 episodes of it. I just don't like Tim Burtons movies in general. I hate how pretentious he comes off, like "I AM ART-Y". All of his movies have the same tone, and I don't think they are ever particularly well done, I always get at least one person telling me I'm stupid when I confess this.
Why would they tell you're stupid when you're absolutely right?

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Gunstarheroes said:
Wait, that got through the filter for words? That's surprising.

There's no initial filter, but the community's bound to have a debate about it.

MrOctober

Banned
Charron said:
There's no initial filter, but the community's bound to have a debate about it.
So say theoretically the entire community of testers are all awesome, a totally ridiculous song full of swears could make it to the store?

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
MrOctober said:
So say theoretically the entire community of testers are all awesome, a totally ridiculous song full of swears could make it to the store?

It still has a quarantine period with HMX, and they'd catch that easily. The community would then proceed to catch crap for it, and it would never happen again. (And most likely, all gray areas would get voted down out of caution rather than debated. So you don't really want that to happen.)

MrOctober

Banned
ravien56 said:
Keep watching it, it's so good. Also, have you seen Nightmare before Christmas? I bet you hate that too.
I wasn't talking about Mad Men I've never seen it. I meant Tim Burton fucking sucks. And yeah I don't like Nightmare.

XShagrath

I'm sure there will be a wonderful discussion about Revolting Cocks over on RBN. HMX had Buzzcocks, but they don't have to adhere to the same strict standard as the XNA side of things. Anvil says "Hitler" in 666, and that's one of the banned words. Suck is said in numerous songs, and that's also banned according to the list, although that one might be contextual.

MrOctober said:
I wasn't talking about Mad Men I've never seen it. I meant Tim Burton fucking sucks. And yeah I don't like Nightmare.
You've dropped a notch in my book. His movies aren't mindblowing or anything, but I think he has a decent enough style.

MrOctober said:

My oldest kid is obsessed with Nightmare.. I hate letting her watch it because it sucks :lol. I liked Edward Scissorhands when I was 14, but his collective body of work ruins whatever little good there was in that film.

IMO his style is the worst thing about him. It's fine to have a style, but I hate watching Charlie and the chocolate factory and thinking "this feels a lot like Planet of the Apes" This equation works for any Burton film too.

MrOctober said:
His style is pretentious and he couldn't tell a story to save his life. He makes movies for people who shop at Hot Topic.

I agree so fucking much, exactly my feelings on the man. But he doesn't think so, you know? It's like he does not realise he's the poster boy for emo/goth pre-teens. I get the impression from interviews and what not that he thinks he is better than many film makers but is oblivious to the demographic of his fans, it's like he thinks very sophisticated film buffs watch his movies and like his "dark twist"

ravien56 said:
This and Wtf is Hot Topic?

heh-heh ooooooooooooo Canada.

It's like... well there really isn't an equevilant there. Imagine a place where all suicidal pre-teens want to shop. It looks EXACTLY like that. but they have a lot of clothes that are based on awesome things, so you can get cool shirts there. But they think theres some sort of schtick to liking the A-Team, like "if I wear this shirt, I'm funny right? RIGHT?"

Eh to the GDRB price. It better come with an export key. At least it's stated to come out on my birthday.

Edit: It could be a placeholder date/price. Not holding my breath, though.

birdman

I haven't liked a Tim Burton movie since Nightmare (if you can even technically count that). I agree that his directing is very same-y.

XShagrath

I feel the same way about Tim Burton as I do about Michael Bay. Neither of them are outstanding directors, but they're good at what they do. You can tell a movie is by one of them from a million miles away, but they're still entertaining.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I liked Edward Scissorhands. If it's on, I'll watch it.

Pretty meh? No. It's far worse than meh. It's overpriced.

ravien56

Terrordactyl said:
heh-heh ooooooooooooo Canada.

It's like... well there really isn't an equevilant there. Imagine a place where all suicidal pre-teens want to shop. It looks EXACTLY like that. but they have a lot of clothes that are based on awesome things, so you can get cool shirts there. But they think theres some sort of schtick to liking the A-Team, like "if I wear this shirt, I'm funny right? RIGHT?"
The equivalent here it sounds like is Detox.

XShagrath

Jet Grind Radio! said:
True, but usually games with dates that land on the first are just place holders. Very rarely do they actually ship on that date.
Usually this is the case. But being as this is a Tuesday, there have to be some games releasing that day.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
You guys could spend $40 on AC2 and use the other $20 on some pizza instead of supporting this abortion of a product.

Ridley327

Typically speaking, the best thing about Tim Burton's films are the bits he has nothing to do with; Pee Wee's Big Adventure came down to Paul Reubens, Beetlejuice came down to a great script, Sweeney Todd has great source material, so on and so forth. His track record for stuff that is uniquely his is...well, spotty at best.

bounchfx

Natakuu said:
Definitely not buying that shit. I'll just go with gamefly + hope to obtain/buy an export code.

even if it is 60, it'll be 40 within a week just like EVERY OTHER GAME these days. It's insane. Hell, even left 4 dead 2 was on sale for 18$ last week. games are losing value so fast these days it's ridiculous.

or, you can buy it, export, and resell the game to someone who doesnt care about exports.. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom