• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London 2012 Summer Olympics |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTWheels

GB out of Beach Volleyball :(

Means no more this:

volley-ball.jpg%0A

and no more this:

zaradampneymullinlondon2012.jpg

SuperBonk

An American site, completely different to the official site and everywhere else. You're pretty immature though so I'm just gonna ignore you.

The whole thing is immature. The only thing that's official is that there's no official ranking.

You know why? Because it's an incredibly childish thing to do. But please ignore me anyway.

s7evn

This basketball game is great. Listening to player audio is so much better than commentary too.

edit: do they play quarters or halves? 50 in one quarter?!?!

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
USA is going to be ahead by 40+ points before the second half even begins.

And it looks like we're going to crack 50 points in the first quarter alone.

EDIT: So close. 49 points.

Macattk15

I think USA will come out softer in the 2nd quarter. Don't wanna run up the score and embarass the other team in qualifying rounds in the Olympics.

SuperBonk

nbc orders it which puts usa further higher on the list, actually every country does. americans really dont have anything to worry about because track and field america is pretty much uncontested and china non existent.

That doesn't make any sense. The NBC ranking would have changed the order from the "official" ranking a grand total of 2 Summer Olympics since 1952, one in the USA's favor (Beijing 2008) and one against (Tokyo 1964).

Lkr

In what kind of sport is deliberate fouling not only condoned but actively encouraged? Shit like this is why nobody cares about basketball over here.

because fouling in basketball isn't a serious deal like it is in soccer. it is like walking someone in baseball or a fault in tennis.

No I do not agree. In soccer professional fouls are punished severely. It's never an official tactic and a team would never be criticized for NOT fouling.

Even though it does happen a lot in soccer, I can agree with this. I love watching basketball but the end of games can be so anticlimactic sometimes with all of the fouling that goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom