• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ridley Scott's Prometheus Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Incredible trailer with an otherwise awfully mixed (?) soundtrack. I'm pumped as shit, but the music was completely off.

Edit: What the fuck, that was a teaser of the final trailer? I'm afraid my undies won't be able to cope with it.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Just watched Alien and Aliens with some mates. One of whom hadn't seen either. So hyped by that trailer - holy shit! Looks amazing.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I have to say that so far Prometheus has some of the most stunning art direction I've seen in a modern sci-fi flick. I wasn't too fond of the form fitting space suits at first, but the entire thing is looking amazing.

Zeliard

Only in theaters though.

I was being sarcastic; I don't think the PG-13 rating will end up very meaningful, especially not when he's filming it as R anyway and will simply cut whatever after-the-fact to appease the MPAA.

The inevitable Director's Cut will probably be unrated.

People earlier were overly concerned about the rating when the only thing it really means is they can't show much gore and have strong language, but Ridley Scott can still easily find a way to create a magnificent, evocative sci-fi film without those things.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Some caps:

proemca-0007.jpg

Is that a tattoo over his left eyebrow? Also, brownie points for the classy sci-fi beard. We need more of those.

proemca-0008.jpg

Gorgeous.

proemca-0009.jpg

Creepy.

proemca-0010.jpg

Wait a minute? Was the space jockey's ship stored somewhere? Man, this film is going to have some crazy fucking scale.

Simo

I have to say that so far Prometheus has some of the most stunning art direction I've seen in a modern sci-fi flick. I wasn't too fond of the form fitting space suits at first, but the entire thing is looking amazing.

Agreed. It's hitting all my Sci-Fi geek buttons at once and I'm just going to have to get the art book when it releases on June 5th.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Wow, I just froze some of the quickest cuts in the trailer and the entire thing is filled to the brim with potential spoilers regarding
the creature/infection

I may wait for the official trailer, but after that I'll be in blackout mode.

rififi

Ok, let me get this straight, the teaser from a few days ago was a tease for the teaser we got this morning which is, in itself, a teaser for the actual trailer (which is just a teaser for the film) releasing later tonight?

And I love the fact that Ridley Scott (or Lindelof) want to minimize CGI for the majority of the film, judging by what I have seen so far, it definitely pays off.

Weyland Industries' website has updated, revealing the corporate timelene.

https://www.weylandindustries.com/#/timeline

2026 - Weyland acquires Genentech, significantly bolstering the company’s biotech holdings.

I love it when my life intersects with some of my favorite sci-fi franchises. One of the main medicines I take for my CF care is from Genentech. Mass Effect also did the same thing by mentioning in the codex humanity allowing genetic modification in the cases of helping those who need it, and specifically calling out curing Cystic Fibrosis as one of those instances. That Schwarzenegger movie "The Sixth Day" the antagonist mentions curing Cystic Fibrosis in there as well.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Bah, that stream is utterly unwatchable on my ~7Mbit connection. Q1 2013 can't come soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom