• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coolest Gaming-Related Shelf Loot?

Steiner

Banned
TL;DR I'm looking for cool and classy gaming items that can fit in square 12"X12" shelves.

Here's the deal:

The company that I write for is growing very rapidly. I hope you'll forgive me for not wanting to disclose which website it is, but there's a chance many of you have stopped by. Pretty soon we'll be competing with GameSpot and IGN in terms of Facebook engagement and audience.

We have a studio that we use for filming. Interviews, shows, breaking news, podcast style chit-chat, you name it. It's currently used for the bigger site which owns us, but since the gaming side is expanding, we're setting up a separate set to start filming. We have several shelves to fill behind where we'll sit on camera, simple square shelves about a foot high. I'm not sure of the exact dimensions, but let's say 12" X 12".

My boss has asked me to send him a bunch of gaming related stuff to fit into those shelves that would be cool and classy. Stuff that the community would recognize, but not just a bunch of toys. I was so excited to basically get an excuse to go shopping for cool gaming shit, but the more I look, the more difficult it seems to actually find cool and classy stuff.

What kind of cool gaming loot do you have around your house GAF? What do you have on display that isn't childish? Would you mind telling me about some of your favorite things and helping us create an awesome studio backdrop? Once everything comes together I'll gladly revisit the thread to show off the final result and, who knows, you may see it online some time soon!

For reference: This is the first thing that came to mind for me, but I figure you guys probably own or know of much cooler stuff than I can even think of.
reZFfRu.jpg

bjork

What's cool is a look that doesn't rely on that kind of stuff. Or if you are, maybe something that's hand-made and isn't just merch.

Steiner

Banned
What's cool is a look that doesn't rely on that kind of stuff. Or if you are, maybe something that's hand-made and isn't just merch.

Honestly I agree, and that's been our biggest problem.

I've been thinking about buying up a few used console or console shells, and possible putting some subtle lights inside of them.

For example, in a few of the square I was thinking about getting one of those translucent green N64's with something inside making the board easier to see. Was thinking about doing the same thing with a translucent Dreamcast. It's that kind of stuff that I'd like to see. A little more DIY. Our time is somewhat limited, though.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Its not on display but I still have this thing in the wooden box it came in

tokurigui.jpg

Was a special for Ryū ga Gotoku Ishin! Basically a sake jug and cup. Think this was from the ebten limited edition version.

Also the following 2 are not my photos and know that its not really "shelf loot" but have these 2 paintings also. Both are still in the box due to no place to put them at the moment...

Shiren the Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate
A Rose in the Twilight

--------

Friend of mine owns that Titanfall 2 pilot helmet which he says is pretty awesome. Sure hope so considering how expensive that LE was.
5149NkHNVXL.jpg

Not to mention you can actually wear the thing.
https://twitter.com/VinceZampella/status/741328359091621889

Ever thought about looking into one of those tiny working arcade machines? All that noise might be a bad idea tho lol

http://www.tinyarcademachines.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muH5j_8jKuM

Top Bottom