• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My friend just got his 360 banned, presumably for downloading Rayman Legends.

I know people are talking around it, but it was more than just making an Oman xbox account.

Oh? Please tell me what else it consisted of.

1. Make Oman account.
2. Log onto it.
3. Search for games on Bing.
4. Download them as they are listed as being FREE.

Yeah, you are done. I agree.

Your lower lip is trembling, bro. I've been called a thief, a fraudster, etc., in this thread, all for downloading some games, and now you're crying because I said you're an idiot for calling what people did to download the games a hack?

Bullza2o

I deleted my Rayman Legends to make space for GTA V. Now that I'm done with GTA V, can I redownload it again? Or would it be too dangerous to do so? I don't think any of my accounts have been banned...yet.

yatesl

This topic needs to be closed. Some people's Oman accounts haven't been banned, let alone their main and consoles, yet some got nuked day one.

It's so bizarre, and I wonder if the 'survivors' would even risk buying an Xbox One or 360 content from now on anyway... At least for a couple of months.

It's been said before, but the comparisons need to stop. It makes both parties look foolish - someone compares to murder, the next counters with buy one get one free, then someone gets called a thief, then stupid.

No one comes out on top, and no opinions will be changed.

I deleted my Rayman Legends to make space for GTA V. Now that I'm done with GTA V, can I redownload it again? Or would it be too dangerous to do so? I don't think any of my accounts have been banned...yet.

You have balls of steel to even consider this.

You probably could (if the Bosnian account hasn't been banned), but it's not the wisest thing to do.

Bullza2o

You have balls of steel to even consider this.

I mean, I don't even have Xbox Live Gold nor even plan on playing online. I don't want to buy any games coming out for the system anymore, and I might get a PS4. I rarely play my 360, usually Wii U/3DS/Vita. I think I have nothing much to lose, unless something more than a ban happens.

yatesl

I mean, I don't even have Xbox Live Gold nor even plan on playing online. I don't want to buy any games coming out for the system anymore, and I might get a PS4. I rarely play my 360, usually Wii U/3DS/Vita. I think I have nothing much to lose, unless something more than a ban happens.
Well, nothing more than a ban can happen - there's no MS SWAT team or anything. If your 360 console and account is completely disposable, go for it I guess.

GlamFM

Banned
Oh? Please tell me what else it consisted of.

1. Make Oman account.
2. Log onto it.
3. Search for games on Bing.
4. Download them as they are listed as being FREE.

Your lower lip is trembling, bro. I've been called a thief, a fraudster, etc., in this thread, all for downloading some games, and now you're crying because I said you're an idiot for calling what people did to download the games a hack?

Now I'm crying?

Triple wow!

Bullza2o

Well, nothing more than a ban can happen - there's no MS SWAT team or anything. If your 360 console and account is completely disposable, go for it I guess.

Yeah I'll think about that. I have too many games in my backlog right now, just got WWHD as well. I might just get it again next year, perhaps they'll forget about it by then.

Btw, the game kinda sucks because you can't control the little guy. Instead you have to press B to use him --and it doesn't even work sometimes!

Defect

Careful junior.

I stand by my statement.

If I go to the marketplace to buy a game as I usually do and the game is free for no reason I think it's ok to call it a glitch.

If I have to set up a fake accound for a region that I don't live in in order to get to a marketplace that does not exist to obtain a game that isn't listed with the help of a trick I call it a hack.

Can't stop laughing at this

Junior here, reporting for duty with another account update:

Thankfully, my console isn't banned, nor is my main account. Haven't checked the bootleg Bosnian account since the initial scare week, but that was fine as of then, too. Been concerned to invest too much more in the system, and there isn't much reason to do so with PS4 coming very soon.

This thread has gone full circle twice over: from its humble beginnings as a news feed-style reporting on bannings to the ethics hit squad, then back to reporting on bannings, finally ushering in this latest era of the ethics po'lice. Fortunately, despite all the bad news, this has provided us all with an opportunity to fill our 'ignore user' list.

Keep seeing this thread coming back to life thinking the ban hammers waving, only to see some T and A. Trolls and analogies..

Seriously, why do people like to wind up the banned people? Some of the shit being said in here is ridiculous. No one knows what's going on with the bannings, no one knows why officially, until some clarity is given what is there to discuss? its such a grey area that there really is no right and wrong answer. it's not a freaking hack for god sake, but at the same time the people who did it (mostly) realise that it wasn't one of their wisest moments. Just trying to get my head around why some feel the need continuously come in here to just point and laugh at these guys.

Truespeed

1 - Good riddance, no company wants thieves as "customers", they won't miss you.

2 - Returning a Windows Phone really ? that's childish, so you're now trying to judge the morality of the acts Microsoft took to punish your fraud ? how can you judge morality of others doing the right thing (punishing thieves) when your morality is barely holding up after purposefully committing fraud ?

these posts always get me, do you think guys you are the pillars of the Microsoft userbase or anything like that ? you're a bunch of thieves shameful caught while committing fraud and moaning in a group-therapy thread trying to comfort each other with lies and convoluted double standards. Ask developers here in NeoGAF gaming community how do they feel about your threads helping each other how to steal the games, they were in front page for days, the Rayman thread did hurt the eyes and was almost comical with the post writing in all caps GUYS NOW IT'S AUSTRIA !! OH WAIT, ANDORRA IT IS !! pathetic.

Yes, I'm sure they would much prefer a spineless coward such as yourself. As for the Windows Phone, well I didn't like it anyway as the OS and apps were underwhelming and lacking which is the real reason why I'm returning it. I was on the fence because I did like the offline navigation, but this just pushed me over.

I'm also amused by these hypocritical little liars preaching morality and calling people thieves. It's always the loud obnoxious idiots that scream foul from roof tops that have the most to hide. Your time will come, little man.

What's all the obsession with "junior" anyway, I'm 41 and been around the block a few times and I'm a junior, so what? My best friend when I was a kid was called Junior, if that helps at all?

Calling someone "junior" here is a passive aggressive attack, as shown by the people doing it hiding behind, "What... I was referring to their membership tenure... what did you think? Oh no, not me, I'd never do a thing like that!"

Ok thanks, seems weird as the two "bullies" (used very, very loosely) are now juniors themselves. Well such is life, console still not banned and still not buying Xbone anymore. Equilibrium is restored.

espher

Microsoft screwed up by leaving an opening, and banned users screwed up by commiting fraud.

The only winners are those who elected not to play.

(And those who got away scot-free.)

GlamFM

Banned
Ok thanks, seems weird as the two "bullies" (used very, very loosely) are now juniors themselves. Well such is life, console still not banned and still not buying Xbone anymore. Equilibrium is restored.

Hmmm... Bully, really?

The only Bully in this thread was banned.

In all fairness I was just warning a "junior" that calling people (me in this case) a "Troll" for no reason can get you banned.

The result is that he was promoted and I was juniored.

"Junior" is passive aggressive? Maybe, but that´s not how I meant it.
"Troll" is just openly aggressive. That´s for sure.

Such is life.

Well Bully was too strong a word for it, and my tiny brain couldn't come up with a better one, sorry about that.
Life goes on indeed, I propose nobody posts more in this thread unless there are new bans.

Onwards and upwards.

Top Bottom