• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google Giving Mystery Gift For Those That Found 151 Pokemon on Maps April Fools

fvng

KAncbnC.jpg

For real?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
You had to comment on a G+ post or tweet at Google Maps?

Goddammit. How the hell was I supposed to know any of that?

EDIT: Wait, AND you didn't have to get 151? Double goddammit. Is it even possible to reply to that post anymore? There's no comment button.

Ah, fuck it. Stupid Google.
Well you could try what others are doing and tweet @googlemaps and/or #pokemonchallenge

Effer

Giving google the entirety of your personal information in exchage for a pokemon bauble seems like a foolish thing to do.

Lucario

I just noticed something kind of shitty:

Google didn't reply to very many people who followed the directions in their tweet. They tweeted asking for replies on the 16th (with the promise of a 'surprise').... But most of the tweets Google replied to were from April 1st or April 2nd.

Some of them had no hashtags, and others weren't tweeted at Google Maps; I have no idea how they even found them.

so.... I guess there's no reason to complain about 'missing out', even if the prize ends up being something cool. I caught 'em all, tweeted at the correct time, and still got nothing. Plenty of others are in the same boat:

http://www.reddit.com/r/googlepokemon
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/maps/qt60ccbXZq4

3phemeral

They posted pictures of those Pokemon Master business cards, so I'm guessing they're just printing high quality versions of that for everyone.

7gDuTki.jpg

[edit] I replied to their Google Plus thread both the location of where I found Mew and a link to my album showing proof I found it. I didn't know there was a Tweet on it also.

I got the Google Plus notification about a week ago and just now filled it out.

Kolma

They posted pictures of those Pokemon Master business cards, so I'm guessing they're just printing high quality versions of that for everyone.

7gDuTki.jpg

[edit] I replied to their Google Plus thread both the location of where I found Mew and a link to my album showing proof I found it. I didn't know there was a Tweet on it also.

I got the Google Plus notification about a week ago and just now filled it out.

Is it a universal link for the redemption? or is it unique per person :(

3phemeral

Is it a universal link for the redemption? or is it unique per person :(
I'm not sure. I think it's unique to the user. They sent me a link via Google+ notification and it seems that after you fill it out, you have the option to "submit again." So I imagine if I shared the link, it might just erase my info in place of the last person who filled the form out.

how is Google contacting people because I caught them all

You had to reply to one tweets or Google+ feeds asking users to post where they found their 151st Pokemon. They contact you from there.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Damnit! I wanted to find them fair and square so I didn't cheat, but because of that I ran out of time.

Pikma

Banned
Did Nintendo have any involvement with this? Curious about that.
Of course, Pokemon is a Nintendo franchise, and they own part of The Pokemon Company too, so there's no workaround. We had a whole thread before of people claiming Nintendo was not involved just because it was a actually good marketing move and you know, how in the world could Nintendo do something like that? Nintendo does nothing right.

Never saw anything related to this online or announced at all; weird deal, Google!

Replied to the tweet, I guess we'll go from there, but :(

blazeuk

Well I completely missed this, caught all 151 but never thought anything more of it. Completely stupid to make it so only those who responded to a tweet got anything, I don't use twitter or g+ :(.

Ji66a-Man

I just got a reply from @googlemaps for my April 1 tweet about collecting all 151 Pokemon. I had to follow them, and now I'm waiting for a DM.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I just got them in the mail, it's actually a stack of ten cards. Was kind of surprised, I filled out one of those forms way late (a friend linked me).

Top Bottom