• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Warriors |OT| Now Everyone Can Ougi!

I really like how Frederick fights like a monster truck. I don't mean in the sense that he's big and powerful, but as in he fights like he's literally a truck; ramming into fools at full speed and then skidding on the ground until nothing is left but bloody mush

So uh, I'm not sure if this was answered, but I noticed certain characters like Validar and Oboro healing themselves even when I was whaling on them in the campaign and I'm not exactly sure why? I saw Cordelia use a vulnerary in the Awakening history map, but I'm pretty sure that was the only time it was announced. Anyone know what's going on here?

Kouriozan

The Anna mission and the archer only mission prior to unlocking Cellica are easily the dumbest missions in the game. Both to complete and to S Rank if you're not around Lv70-90 with good weapons or skills. Just be prepared to fight up to 6 Annas and 6 Reflets at once if you don't finish the objectives on time.

The archer only mission in particular, because you only get 2 of 4 available characters, if you attempt it before unlocking Anna or wait for Zero to be available through DLC. It's really tedious because archers are by far the least fun and most tedious characters to play as.

S Ranking and getting the final boss to 50% HP within 10-15 minutes on hard/lunatic for one of the Anna memories is also kind of stupid if you're not leveled or ready for it.

Postgame can get pretty challenging. Material grinding is a necessity.
Thanks dor the info, I'm used to grinding so I'm fine with that.
In Hyrule Warriors Wii U I played tons of hours with Ghirahim just so I could do a Ghirahim only mission at level 150 or so, and that max rupee glitch worked had 20% chances of success for me >.<
I can already tell what mats are going to be hard to get.

Otherwise, slowly going through the story again for Anna's second memories, now at Chapter 10, completed Awakening map on S rank with all memories but not the vortexes stuff yet.

I ordered 2 special editions from amazon because I knew a least one would be damaged. Both of the games are damaged. The items were packaged in the same big bubblewrap envelope. There wasn’t a chance of them arriving unscathed. Luckily this afternoon I managed to pick up a special edition from bestbuy. I think I will try to get all my future game purchases from there. I’m just having too much hassle & worry when I deal with amazon’s shipping. Some of the employees that prepare the packages at amazon should really do a better job when shipping fragile items.

VexyWexy

I got somewhat lucky with my LE I guess, Amazon put it in a box with padding. It was a little scuffed but no dents.

Loving the game so far.

OmegaFax

I really like how Frederick fights like a monster truck. I don't mean in the sense that he's big and powerful, but as in he fights like he's literally a truck; ramming into fools at full speed and then skidding on the ground until nothing is left but bloody mush

The horse gymnastics in this game are really fun to watch.

Edit: Has anyone got anything worthwhile with any Fire Emblem Amiibo? I got Chrom's Training Sword which is a little better than his stock weapon but mostly random normal weapons with any of the FE figurines. Used a non-FE figurine and got 50,000 credits randomly. It doesn't look like the game cares if you fiddle with the Switch's clock and since you don't have to exit the game to do it, you can technically go nuts with Amiibo scanning.

PK Gaming

I'm actually really enjoying this, far more than I expected

Battles are a peace of cake, but controlling your army and having them do objectives is legitimately thrilling. The characters are fairly likeable for the most part (read: don't pick Rowan as your lord), and the story (while rote) is still fun to play through. Overall, 10 Anna's outta 10.

Frederick was my MVP in chapter 3. Charging and saving priests and the like, haha.

Amazon had my package out for delivery today and now the order has disappeared from my order page altogether.

Forget it, I'm going to bed for now.

Weebos

Banned
How does this compare to Hyrule Warriors? Basically the same?

I played a few hours of that and enjoyed it, but fell off. Are there any substantial differences (beyond it being Fire Emblem and not Zelda lol)?

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
Amazon put my special edition in a fucking bubble mailer and it got beat the hell up. Box is all kinds of dented and crushed :mad:

NeonZ

I played a few hours of that and enjoyed it, but fell off. Are there any substantial differences (beyond it being Fire Emblem and not Zelda lol)?

You can switch between four units and give orders to them and other unique allied units that count as part of your army. This means the maps are often designed with multiple objectives around the map at the same time from the start, rather than only late game ones. Allied NPCs in general are more useful too. If they're facing enemies with weapon triangle disadvantage they often can defeat them rather quickly (not compared to the player, but still much quicker than you'd expect from NPCs in Musou games).

It incorporates FE mechanics too, like weapon triangle, staff healing and breaker/slayer weapons. There's even casual/classic modes.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
nope, 7 chara don't have their unique weapon. as for rng stats, no idea

But the remaining characters do? If so, it sounds like I know which characters I'll focus on. (Lyn better be one of them.)

Poppyseed

I've liked the game so far. My brother bought it and the co-op on a TV screen isn't bad until we are on each others screens doing supers. Then the framerate feels like it is somewhere in the low 20's. There is a lot more plate spinning in this game than Hyrule Warriors but The AI feels a lot more competent.

Frame rate is a lot better if you switch to performance mode (if you haven’t already) - in coop.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Frame rate is a lot better if you switch to performance mode (if you haven't already) - in coop.

Do you know what resolution it runs at in co-op performance mode? Hyrule Warriors was pretty unappealing to my friend and me because of how much the technology was strained by it.

I really hope Digital Foundry is going to do a complete breakdown of this game running in all of its modes.

Excellent! Thanks.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

Battles are a peace of cake, but controlling your army and having them do objectives is legitimately thrilling. The characters are fairly likeable for the most part (read: don't pick Rowan as your lord), and the story (while rote) is still fun to play through. Overall, 10 Anna's outta 10.

Frederick was my MVP in chapter 3. Charging and saving priests and the like, haha.
Lissa condo has to be my MVP, saving the priests and taking names

brinstar

OMG thank you I thought my Switch broke when it did that in the JAP version. It happens frequently even when you put it to sleep in handheld mode.

Basically, make sure you close the game every time until they fix it.

Well good to know it wasn't just me then lol

I'll be sure to do that, thanks!

so people that have logged a few hours onto this? Thoughts? Looking for opinions from NON dynasty warriors lovers and lovers alike :)

Im tempted to pick this one up! just want some feedback to either make me wait or dive in! thanks

Where can I find the unique weapon list? My google fu isn't working.

in jp. https://jp.samurai-gamers.com/fe-musou/fem-saikyou/
generally most chara that have prf weapon comes with them when after unlock. later you can upgrade them since they'll can get outclassed especially chrom/lucina's falchion

as for those without prf weapon, they have to rely on brave weapons or equivalent for tome/dragonstone as strongest weapon

CEJames

By the way, has anyone noticed the rumble? I saw the option is on but I haven't noticed it during gameplay.

It's there. Just unfortunately really low. At first, I felt it when holding the Switch as a handheld but couldn't feel it at all with the pro controller. Then I detached the joy cons and couldn't feel it individually for them either while the Switch was in tabletop mode. I kept disconnecting and reconnecting the controllers and literally gripped them a bit harder until I felt it. Then I switched back to the pro controller and gripped that hard until I felt it.

And oddly enough, after feeling it for the first time with detached joy cons/ & the Pro controller, I can feel it now naturally. It's still woefully low but it's there.....

Poppyseed

Do you know what resolution it runs at in co-op performance mode? Hyrule Warriors was pretty unappealing to my friend and me because of how much the technology was strained by it.

I really hope Digital Foundry is going to do a complete breakdown of this game running in all of its modes.

Excellent! Thanks.

In coop, - which I checked out by myself just to see it running - docked, it LOOKED like 1080p/30 in quality mode, and 720p/30 in performance mode.

In reality, quality mode was more like 1080/20-30, and performance mode was around 30fps solid for the 2 mins I played with it.

Taking a short break while the JP vocal track is downloading. Really enjoying the game so far and yes, it's everything I've always wanted: FE heroes fighting waves and waves of enemies.

Oh and Amazon decided to ship my SE in a bubble mailer and USPS decided to shove it into my mailbox...
(&#9583;°&#9633;°&#65289;&#9583;&#65077; &#9531;&#9473;&#9531;

I took photos before opening it and am going to gripe to Amazon in a bit... I kinda regret not keeping my GSM preorder for the SE, but I used the money towards the season pass lol.

Crom

It seems like this game has a lot more going on. I only played up to the 3rd chapter but was surprised with how much was introduced. They actually did a great job incorporating elements of Fire Emblem

Think I am going play the rest of the game co-op with my son. He is 6 and will probably have trouble knowing how to command troops with the map and dealing with the camp portions (equiping, upgrading, etc.)

Much much better than the Treehouse footage made it look.

kingbean

This is a massive step up from Dragon Quest Heros thats for sure. It runs great in handheld and looks pretty dang nice to boot.

Too bad I don't know a single thing about Fire Emblem and I'm just playing it like a normal warriors game with light tactical stuff. Still fun, though.

Draxal

Man, character I didn't think I would love to play yet am rocking alot right now is frederick.

Hyrule warriors had a much better story mode story than this game

HiroTSK5

So I play the Ryoma map the first time and I get a hard crash.

After playing some History mode I go back and I beat it only to realize that I missed the master seal.

Playing the level for a third time and now a fort captain refuses to load in one of the forts.

bleh.

Suspicious_Jug

Neo Member
Cordelia is a bit awkward to use. The game is fun so far, been playing on hard difficulty. Rowan’s raspy voice isn probably the worse, but I haven’t met/heard Hinoka yet.

Game is a lot of fun, hell been replaying maps just to grind for materials and I am not getting bored. Only thing I don't like is how dumb your AI companions can be... Like if you are not controlling them they do not seem to be able to hold up on their own so got to keep switching around.

brinstar

Game is a lot of fun, hell been replaying maps just to grind for materials and I am not getting bored. Only thing I don't like is how dumb your AI companions can be... Like if you are not controlling them they do not seem to be able to hold up on their own so got to keep switching around.

I've been having the opposite experience, sometimes I'll send a unit over to a fort and they'll crush it in like 2 seconds lol

kingbean

I've been having the opposite experience, sometimes I'll send a unit over to a fort and they'll crush it in like 2 seconds lol

Yeah, I've only had to take over for the AI once. They tend to be pretty effective and smart enough to go to the next barrack.

Suspicious_Jug

Neo Member
I cracked a smile when I heard Hinoka during the chapter intro lol. I replayed Fates a few weeks ago, so the difference is jarring. Especially beacause Sakura sounds great.
Edit: and now Robin can hover lol

I have started pairing people up on map deployment so they wouldn't get crushed by whatever comes their way. Seems to be working so far. Also Lissa is a beast.

I appreciate the level of polish on this game's story presentation and how nice it looks, but it's so hard to really love it after how amazing Hyrule Warriors was.

-Seemingly less content, though the history maps seem fun.
-Absolutely scummy DLC practices, what with selling you characters from the story mode and thus functionally selling you on-disk DLC.
-Characters feel so much more samey than in Hyrule. To say nothing of more janky animations - stuff feels more blatantly pulled from Dynasty Warriors and fits the characters a lot less. Like what even is Lissa's whole moveset.

Just unlocked Robin, though, so maybe I'll be happier now that I can play as the Best Character.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I always find these games so mashey. Can never get the specific combos I want

R0ckman

I thought Rowan was fine, playing other Musou games I was expecting much worse. The princess seems a bit boring in comparison.

Just unlocked Robin, though, so maybe I'll be happier now that I can play as the Best Character.

That reminds me: I'm up to the end of the Fates segment and the campaign never once set him as a playable character. Did I miss something or was that a weird design decision?

(Sorry to burst your bubble if it ends up being the latter, ahaha)

Top Bottom