• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 Seasons Livestream Reveal this Friday @ Twitchcon 4:30pm PST

Strakt

Some pics of the stream

cxM4Q1i.jpg

KingV

Im not watching this stream just reading the thread... and I really couldn’t care less about any of these exciting events.

They all sound dull as hell.

Sawneeks

Banned
so what's the dawning? missed it from when the stream went down

It's a Seasonal Event that is returning from Destiny 1. So far they said they're adding Ice Hockey to the Tower, snowing, and snowball fights.

They also usually release Armor/Shaders/Emotes tied to it, though it's Eververse stuff.

I think these IB loot changes are good, but didn't they have a system somewhat similar to this in the original Destiny? Being able to buy specific items per event with tokens?

I get that it's not 1:1 the same system, but it really makes me wonder why they completely abandoned it in the first place rather than just iterating.

Yeah this is the kind of stuff I've been wanting to hear. Its not huge things but it sounds like some nice improvements and reasons to keep playing

One more Iron Banner with the current system. Changed gear acquisition at Season 2.

Gear tweaks confirmed by completing certain goals. I'm a bit unclear on that.

New IB weapons look pretty good.

GhaleonEB

I was too busy with other stuff to play this Iron Banner, but the season 2 Iron Banner sounds a lot better. Dedicated loot streams/objectives are better than random package drops every time.

I like how they only keep saying guns are able to be direct purchased for season 2.

Not the thing I had a problem acquiring in season 1.

Sawneeks

Banned
Kinda wish they had said how many times IB would be in a Season before this last one. I know a lot of people that grinded it out for that 'Season 1' reward without knowing how long that would last. Being this open a while back would have been nice.

Kinda wish they had said how many times IB would be in a Season before this last one. I know a lot of people that grinded it out for that 'Season 1' reward without knowing how long that would last. Being this open a while back would have been nice.

They did. They said 1 more Iron Banner with the current system so that PC can be introduced to the event.

I meant before this last IB event, not this live stream. I don't remember ever hearing when Season 1 would end prior to this.

Ah. They didn't specifically say when Season 1 would end but they did say The Dawning would happen shortly after Season 2 launches. The Dawning is Destiny's Mid-Dec to Early Jan event. So it encompasses the Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanza/etc... through New Years time period.

Basically Season 2 should kick off sometime in December.

Top Bottom