• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

France: Four shot dead outside Jewish school in Toulouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

G.O.O.

1 Christian radical compared to countless Islamic radicals may have a lot to do with that.
It doesn't make it more right, but you have to see that there's a much bigger problem within the Islamic community.
You're being nice with the christian community if you think they don't have more than one violent lunatic. They're known for a few brutal actions here (even if not directly murder).

You're being nice with the christian community if you think they don't have more than one violent lunatic. They're known for a few brutal actions here (even if not directly murder).

Oh I'm sure there are plenty. Probably some militant ones as well. Still it's a far cry from the radical stuff I've seen come out of radical islam.

G.O.O.

Violence is more about politics than religion, anyway. Islam and Christianity are just flags for people to rally around.

Al-ibn Kermit

I saw this image on facebook, I think it's protesting how Brevik and this guy are being compared with some sort of discrimination against Muslims I think, but I don't know french...

564319_2991845043578_1485704570_2541616_1526216164_n.jpg
This was bad but I remember the Brevik case having a huge gaf thread and it sure felt like it had more attention from the media. It wasn't just the number of people killed that was so shocking but the way he coordinated it with a bomb blast in the city so that emergency services would be busy and how released his insane manifesto to the media right before the attacks. I mean if you have to rank terrorist acts than that was definitely worse I guess.

Whenever I begin to think about this, my mind quickly turns to those cute kids and everything else just pales in comparison. I hope the Muslim community in Toulouse offer their condolences and support to those stricken families, when children are targeted like this, it is something that touches all and so I hope they mourn together

I can't even process what this man has done.

nilbog21

Banned
Violence is more about politics than religion, anyway. Islam and Christianity are just flags for people to rally around.

Yeah these two attacks (Oslo + toulouse) were definitely entirely political - i don't know why people are even talking about religion?

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
yeah i saw this on facebook too, i think the point is that one guy killed way more people and was labeled a psycho murderer while the other guy killed significantly less people but was labeled by his religion association.

And that's because the French killer claimed he was part of Al-Quaeda which is a militant Islamist organization. It would be political correctness gone mad not to call him a muslim terrorist, because his extreme religious and political beliefs were what made him go to islamist training camps in Pakistan and Afghanistan and finally on a murder spree in France.

G.O.O.

Breivik introduced himself as a conservative christian, but it's not that relevant. Le Figaro is a right-wing newspaper and doesn't pretend to be anything else.

goomba

Banned
Breivik introduced himself as a conservative christian, but it's not that relevant. Le Figaro is a right-wing newspaper and doesn't pretend to be anything else.

Among other things, he alluded to himself as a future regent of Norway pending a takeover by a Templar-like organization. Imagining himself as regent, his ideas included organizing Norwegians in reservations and using them in breeding projects.[12] Other psychiatrists disagree that he is psychotic or schizophrenic,[13] and on 13 January 2012, after much public pressure, the Oslo district court ordered a second expert panel to evaluate Breivik's mental state.[14]
Breivik's far-right[15] militant ideology is described in a compendium of texts, titled 2083 – A European Declaration of Independence and distributed electronically by Breivik on the day of the attacks.[15][16][17][18] In it he lays out his worldview, which includes support for cultural conservatism, ultranationalism, right-wing populism, Islamophobia,[19] Zionism, anti-feminism,[20][21] and white nationalism.[22] It also expresses support for paramilitaries such as the Scorpions.[23] It regards Islam and cultural Marxism as the enemy, and argues for the violent annihilation of "Eurabia" and multiculturalism, and the deportation of all Muslims from Europe (culminating in the year 2083)[24] to preserve European Christendom

Sounds very relevant to me.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
A someone who has read much of ABB's manifesto, I would have no qualms about calling him a Christian terrorist/extremist.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
ABB's methods were basically copied from terrorists, from the target choice to the use of the bomb to create a distraction, etc. His mindset (the way he justifies his attacks, etc.), is also identical. The only difference is since he's white he could plan a more complex and time consuming attack without drawing suspicion.

keuja

More details regarding the RAID intervention from a post on Reddit:

• When RAID forces made entry, the gunman was in a combat stance with 'total determination'.
  • They had tried to tire him out all night by disrupting his rest periods using flashbangs prior to the final assault.
  • The gunman was standing in 30cm of water because one of the pipes had been hit during the initial assault.
  • Asked about the point in time and reason for the final assault, Amaury de Hautecloque (head of RAID) said that in the end it was the gunman who forced the decision. At 22h45 on Wednesday he communicated to RAID that he was planning to die with his weapon in his hand, that was after he led two promises to surrender expire.
  • The RAID commander said it was the first time in his career that he saw a suspect launch a counter-assault in response to their assault. They had an idea where the suspect was but had to verify it, thus they progressed very slowly through the apartment.
  • The RAID commander said that, despite shooting at them with three 45 ACP Colts, they only deployed less lethal weapons and flashbangs in the apartment, even as he was moving through the room engaging them with gunfire. When he got to the balcony he tried to shoot the operators that had been positioned there and that's when the sniper had to take him out since they had no cover.
  • he had turned his 3 room apartment into a fortress, barricaded the rooms with any furniture.
  • 15 RAID police men made entry into the apartment, there were 60 total RAID officers involved in the operation.
  • Up until the sudden stop in communication on Wednesday at 22h45, the gunman was ready to surrender and just asked for a short break to rest prior to his surrender. When he came back on he confessed his crime, basically giving a testament.

SmokyDave

CHEEZMO™;36267676 said:
No one outside of Stormfront cares for Debbie's views on Muslims.

Don't bring that vile bullshit here.

I kinda disagree. She almost stumbles onto a decent point in that last article but fails because she's dim and hate-fuelled.

Apart from that though, I find it interesting to read because of the parallels between her views and the European far right. I want to know where she draws her inspiration from because America doesn't actually seem to have any of the integration issues that we in Europe do.

Misfits

Neo Member
I kinda disagree. She almost stumbles onto a decent point in that last article but fails because she's dim and hate-fuelled.

Apart from that though, I find it interesting to read because of the parallels between her views and the European far right. I want to know where she draws her inspiration from because America doesn't actually seem to have any of the integration issues that we in Europe do.

i think its obvious why. we bend over backwards to accommodate people, we don't force or create the kind of environment where integration is necessary.

just look at learning to speal english in the uk, instead of forcing people to learn the language, we bend over backwards doing all we can to create the environment where they don't need to learn it.

it allows people who don't want to integrate to flourish and bring their backwards ideologies with them and then gives them the courage to think they can change their host country ti their whims and desires.

the poles have done with their ghettos, the romanians have done with their ghettos and increase in crime and begging, the muslims have done it with their ghettos, the jews have also done it with their ghettos and so on.

america does have the ghetto problem, but there's also a sense of integration as they government and the people don't bend over backwards to accommodate immigrants and their backwards views.

too long, didn't read. we're too soft and create an environment that doesn't force integration. it's a problem of our own causing and until we accept it, it's only going to get worse.

G.O.O.

Sounds very relevant to me.
I was talking about the criticism made about the newspaper.

just look at learning to speal english in the uk, instead of forcing people to learn the language, we bend over backwards doing all we can to create the environment where they don't need to learn it.
Integration doesn't work the same in every european country. UK is pretty bad at it, but France has an assimilation model that works - most of the time, anyway, despite our government's efforts to make categories.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Basically, he's critical towards how they turned off power and water instantly. Thoughts?

Of course we could never know if a different technique would give a different outcome, but it's not good if they still use old:ish techniques.

gut reaction is 'fuck that guy'

but the french response ensured his death from the beginning, so no further intelligence can be gathered from him.

Swedish guy is probably right.

Also, the french should have shot his mother as well. It's probably her fault partially.

-viper-

Banned
Good riddance. Justice has struck well today by avenging the dead.

Now if only if the police was consistent in killing murderers.

CHEEZMO™;36256191 said:
Fine by me.

I agree but Dave is acting a complete hypocrite here.

I guess for Dave it's freedom of speech only when it suits him. Where I think 'freedom to insult' should be punished across all boards.

SmokyDave

I agree but Dave is acting a complete hypocrite here.

I guess for Dave it's freedom of speech only when it suits him. Where I think 'freedom to insult' should be punished across all boards.

Where did you read about my views on freedom of speech?

My issue with Chaudhury is that his entire existence revolves around fucking up social cohesion between muslims and non-muslims and he ruins it for everyone. Groups like Islam4UK and The EDL exist largely because Anjem emboldened the radical component of our muslim immigrants and turned them against society. Fuck him, his poisonous views and all the fuckwads that follow him.

Anjem can 'insult' people all day and all night for all I care. Where he crosses the line is in constantly inciting radical behaviour.

Again though, when and where did you read my views on freedom of speech?

-viper-

Banned

My issue with Chaudhury is that his entire existence revolves around fucking up social cohesion between muslims and non-muslims and he ruins it for everyone. Groups like Islam4UK and The EDL exist largely because Anjem emboldened the radical component of our muslim immigrants and turned them against society. Fuck him, his poisonous views and all the fuckwads that follow him.

Anjem can 'insult' people all day and all night for all I care. Where he crosses the line is in constantly inciting radical behaviour.

I completely agree 100%. Racism, radical and hate speech should be completely punished. Various threads, including where I made a comment regarding entering the bronx with racist views and whether it would be justified to receive a beating at the end of it.

-viper-

Banned
Why is it that the issue of responsibility is diffused when American soldiers kill civilians including butchering children but when an 'immigirant' does it, it's everywhere and is indicitive of the behaviour of an entire group of people?

Interestingly, the papers made a plethora of excuses for the American chaps including 'mentally unstable, ravaged by the war etc'. Sadly I don't expect any kind of punishment to be employed on these soldiers.

The insanity plea was also employed by Breviks.

Just saw this..

Sky News: Toulouse City Square Evacuated Over Susspect Package

Hope it is nothing, and just authorities being super careful

Enosh

but France has an assimilation model that works - most of the time, anyway, despite our government's efforts to make categories.
given that Paris is burning pretty much every year that comment made me laugh
if France is a working example of integration then the rest of western europe is completely fucked

Kurtofan

if France is a working example of integration then the rest of western europe is completely fucked

"Paris is burning pretty much every year".

Haha in bizarro Nazi universe perhaps.

Alx

Just saw this..

Sky News: Toulouse City Square Evacuated Over Susspect Package

Hope it is nothing, and just authorities being super careful

It's something common when the security alert is high : any forgotten package or left luggage is considered as a potential bomb. It causes almost daily disturbance in public transport, but of course they have to be extra careful.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Bitch please.

I do think that our integration model doesn't work out as much as we french love to say but what you're saying is pretty ridiculous.

Magni

I was talking about the criticism made about the newspaper.

Integration doesn't work the same in every european country. UK is pretty bad at it, but France has an assimilation model that works - most of the time, anyway, despite our government's efforts to make categories.

It works..? Not really no, from my experience. It works for some, but far from everyone makes it.

But, Paris doesn't burn every year, hahaha wow do you guys (not talking to you G.O.O of course) really believe that?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
i think its obvious why. we bend over backwards to accommodate people, we don't force or create the kind of environment where integration is necessary.

it allows people who don't want to integrate to flourish and bring their backwards ideologies with them and then gives them the courage to think they can change their host country ti their whims and desires.

the poles have done with their ghettos, the romanians have done with their ghettos and increase in crime and begging, the muslims have done it with their ghettos, the jews have also done it with their ghettos and so on.

america does have the ghetto problem, but there's also a sense of integration as they government and the people don't bend over backwards to accommodate immigrants and their backwards views.

too long, didn't read. we're too soft and create an environment that doesn't force integration. it's a problem of our own causing and until we accept it, it's only going to get worse.

What are the stats on increases in crime and begging from these ghetto people and their backwards views?

Songbird

Prodigal Son

Anjem's pretty much the definition of attention whore. Gotta be on the front pages.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Mohamed Merah's brother Abdelkader transferred to Paris for questioning after explosives found in his car

Toulouse gunman's brother 'proud' of killings, say police

The brother of a French gunmen who killed seven people before being shot dead has said he is proud of what his brother did, according to a police source.

Mohamed Merah, 23, was shot dead on Thursday after a 30-hour siege of his apartment in Toulouse, south-west France. New video has emerged of the apartment where he was besieged before he opened fire on police as they searched for him. The gunman then jumped out of a window and was shot by a marksman.

His brother Abdelkader Merah was transferred to the Paris headquarters of the internal intelligence agency for questioning on Saturday. His unnamed girlfriend is also in custody while Zoulika Aziri, the mother of the two men, was released on Saturday.

More at the link.

It's obvious there's funding behind the attacks, it wasn't the work of a single individual. At least his brother helped, but probably others too.

It's likely that his brother could be a source of information, and if they let him off they'll be monitoring him for sure to find others.

Kurtofan

Holy shit, Le Pen is in full islamophobia and anti-immigrants mode now.

http://tempsreel.nouvelobs.com/elec...-en-france.html

"What happened wasn't the madness of a man, it was the beginning of the green fascism in our country!"

"How many Mohammed Merahs come into France everyday in boats and planes full of immigrants?" "How many Mohammed Merahs among the children of non assimilated immigrants?"
(Merah was born in France by the way)

"I will put radical Islam on its knees!"

Some of her propositions:
"ban visible religious signs on public transportation,trains included"," preaching in mosques to be under surveillance at all time","proselytes of all kind to be monitored","the expulsion of immigrants who come back from suspect travels in Afghanistan or from other countries where terrorists are trained.For French nationals, an electronic bracelet will have to be worn permanently", "presumption of self defense for policemen."

The audience at the meeting shouted : "France is Christian!", "Sarko collaborationist!", "death penalty!", "guillotine!".
She also criticized the "islamo-leftism" and the "anti-French racism".

I feel sick just reading that.
Imagine if the killer had been a Breivik far right type.She would have been silent as fuck except for a few mumbles about the death penalty.

I love the irony of her calling anyone fascist when she proposes to put an electronic bracelet to anyone who travel in "suspicious" (read: where Muslims live) countries and want to put cops in mosques and give them the right to shot at everyone.

"What happened wasn't the madness of a man, it was the beginning of the green fascism in our country!"

"How many Mohammed Merahs come into France everyday in boats and planes full of immigrants?" "How many Mohammed Merahs among the children of non assimilated immigrants?"

"ban visible religious signs on public transportation,trains included"," preaching in mosques to be under surveillance at all time","proselytes of all kind to be monitored","the expulsion of immigrants who come back from suspect travels in Afghanistan or from other countries where terrorists are trained.For French nationals, an electronic bracelet will have to be worn permanently", "presumption of self defense for policemen."

The audience at the meeting shouted : "France is Christian!", "Sarko collaborationist!", "death penalty!", "guillotine!".

Imagine if the killer had been a Breivik far right type.She would have been silent as fuck except for a few mumbles about the death penalty.

I love the irony of her calling anyone fascist when she proposes to put an electronic bracelet to anyone who travel in "suspicious" (read: where Muslims live) countries and want to put cops in mosques and give them the right to shot at everyone.
The presidential campaign is underway, no wonder candidates say more bullshit than usual.

squidyj

http://tempsreel.nouvelobs.com/elec...-en-france.html

Irony is not a neo-cons strong suit.

RawPower

Banned
Stories like this are why I can't help but shake my head in frustration when people tell me that antisemitism no longer exists. Although I guess antisemite would be a misnomer in this case, since Arabs are also Semite. :/

Fularu

Banned
Bitch please.

I do think that our integration model doesn't work out as much as we french love to say but what you're saying is pretty ridiculous.

I can tell you firsthand it works. As long as you're willing to get past two things :

- Rampant xenophobia, especially in the school system (where most arabs and black people are directed towards technical fields as soon as possible... j'étais premier de la classe et les profs disaient à mes parents de m'envoyer en 4ième techno)
- Unfair chancesand treatment because of preconcieved notions.

You also have to want to integrate yourself, which is made prety hard by the first two points. Still, when you put your energy at the right place, you can (and will) succeed, you also have to get rid of the "C'est d'la faute d'la société!" mentality, and I grew up in the 9-3.

Kurtofan

I can tell you firsthand it works. As long as you're willing to get past two things :

- Rampant xenophobia, especially in the school system (where most arabs and black people are directed towards technical fields as soon as possible... j'étais premier de la classe et les profs disaient à mes parents de m'envoyer en 4ième techno)
- Unfair chancesand treatment because of preconcieved notions.

You also have to want to integrate yourself, which is made prety hard by the first two points. Still, when you put your energy at the right place, you can (and will) succeed, you also have to get rid of the "C'est d'la faute d'la société!" mentality, and I grew up in the 9-3.

What was their justification for wanting to put you in techno class?

Fularu

Banned
What was their justification for wanting to put you in techno class?

Arab derp derp derp

None, they just told my mother because they believed her to be a dumb immigrant bitch who couldn't speak french

When I was in CE2, the teacher told my mother "Your son annoys me, he always knows the answers"

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Disgusting...

Kurtofan

Arab derp derp derp

None, they just told my mother because they believed her to be a dumb immigrant bitch who couldn't speak french

When I was in CE2, the teacher told my mother "Your son annoys me, he always knows the answers"

That sucks, which decade was that, if that's not too indiscreet?

Fularu

Banned
That sucks, which decade was that, if that's not too indiscreet?

In 1994, my college principal "forgot" to send my file to "Le lycée Buffon" and I ended up in Camille Sée. Which is fine, I loved my years there but it was far from the scientific lycée I wanted to join. And It could have been worse, I could have ended in Lycée Honoré de Balzac in the 17th district :) (that was my third choice and one of the worst lycée in Paris)

Mind you, Buffon was a scientific lycée and I was first in grades in Math and Physics at my school and most of my friends ended up in Buffon :)

Alx

You may have met bad teachers, or there were other problems than your math level or your origins... I went to the main scientific schools in Paris, and there were people from all origins and social ranks.

Fularu

Banned
You may have met bad teachers, or there were other problems than you math level or your origins... I went to the big scientific schools in Paris, and there were people from all origins and social levels.

My grades were prety much perfect (except in german) and I ended up doing "Les classes préparatoires" at Claude Bernard anyway. The problem was my principal and he prety much told my mother he did it.

Alx

What I meant was that maybe there were other reasons than racism for your teacher to act that way. But even if it was racism, it's just bad luck : there are racist people everywhere, and even in the fairest societies you have to get the approbation of some people from time to time. If a specific person hates yours guts, you won't pass.
It doesn't mean the system itself is unfair, actually the scientific education system in France is especially fair, it's mostly free and anybody can apply to the best schools (I wouldn't say the same for commercial studies).

Fularu

Banned
What I meant was that maybe there were other reasons than racism for your teacher to act that way. But even if it was racism, it's just bad luck : there are racist people everywhere, and even in the fairest societies you have to get the approbation of some people from time to time. If a specific person hates yours guts, you won't pass.
It doesn't mean the system itself is unfair, actually the scientific education system in France is especially fair, it's mostly free and anybody can apply to the best schools (I wouldn't say the same for commercial studies).

Depends on where you grow up/study. Tell the people from la courneuve that the system is fair.

But I do believe that the system works, as long as you stay focused and motivated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom