• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty (Black Ops 2) World Reveal - May 1st

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
MW3 was a mess.

If they can do a competent SP campaign again, imo BO was the best since MW, and also sort out the terrible MP balance IW unleashed, seriously screw quick scoping while gloating about it like they did, then I will be a happy bunny.

legacyzero

Banned
If this game is as good as Black Ops was, it'll be an instant buy

Treyarch has done a WAY better job with BLOPS than MW2 and MW3 combined.

If we forget about World at War lol

fernoca

Though, some of the Call of Duty threads reminds me of that Rare "room full of people that don't care" picture/thread. :p

1. New Call of Duty thread posted
2. Reply: I'm not interested in Call of Duty, but I must write how much I'm not looking forward to it and how tired I am of the franchise...every time.

One might guess, that people that don't like Call of Duty or got tired of it, might..avoid said threads; specially threads about announcements of reveals..which has no information of the game on them. Oh well...freedom of speech. :p

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Please let this have a Vita version.
And please let that version have zombies.

Cross-platform play between Vita and PS3 would be pretty cool, sit down wherever there is some wifi and play with friends who are sitting at home and such like.

In a perfect world they would allow you to buy it off the Playstation store which nails you both versions, and does all the fangly continue your games on the go and such like, would win me over, lol.

Though, some of the Call of Duty threads reminds me of that Rare "room full of people that don't care" picture/thread. :p

1. New Call of Duty thread posted
2. Reply: I'm not interested in Call of Duty, but I must write how much I'm not looking forward to it and how tired I am of the franchise...every time.

One might guess, that people that don't like Call of Duty or got tired of it, might..avoid said threads; specially threads about announcements of reveals..which has no information of the game on them. Oh well...freedom of speech. :p
Thisisneogaf.gif

It is annoying though how they feel the need to let everyone know they hate cod.

OmegaZero

Cross-platform play between Vita and PS3 would be pretty cool, sit down wherever there is some wifi and play with friends who are sitting at home and such like.

In a perfect world they would allow you to buy it off the Playstation store which nails you both versions, and does all the fangly continue your games on the go and such like, would win me over, lol.

That would be amazing.
If only this world was perfect...

xandaca

MW3 was poorly balanced, but I prefer Infinity Ward's multiplayer maps to Treyarch's. Most of Black Ops' got boring very quickly for me, whilst I'm still finding those in MW3 reasonably enjoyable. (They're all way below the gold standard of the original MW, of course). I rarely touch the COD single-player modes, since IMO they range from OK-ish (MW) to unbearably tedious (pretty much all the others). Whether the latest iteration gets my money depends on 1) decent maps, and 2) the Wii U version accommodating pointer controls.

Mengetsu

That netcode on BLOPS hurt the soul. It was fixed later but still to launch a game like that. The netcode of 4 and MW2 was perfect.

I don't know how any human being from the planet known as earth can possibly say they enjoyed the maps in MW3. It was the definition of bland/generic/phoned in/no personality/sometimes stupid/lame/infinitywardzux.

nahmeann

MW3 was horrendous; some of the worst multiplayer maps I've ever played
exactly

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I can't wait until the commercial airs and is cut off halfway through with another commercial. Just like last year.

rapid32.5

That netcode on BLOPS hurt the soul. It was fixed later but still to launch a game like that. The netcode of 4 and MW2 was perfect.

hopefully in fall 2013 next gen Respawn's title will launch. I'm skipping BLOPs2, fuck Treyarch and IW with their shitty hit detection in games. Their engine is outdated, MW2 was the peak of it.

MW
WaW
MW2
BO
MW3
BO2

Six games using the same god damn engine.
Half life 2
HL2 Episode 1
HL2 Episode 2
Counter Strike Source
Team Fortress 2
Portal
Portal 2
Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead 2
DOTA 2.

Ten Games using the same god damn engine!

Actually isn't source also based of the Quake 3 engine?

Clearly Quake 3 Engine = success.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I just finished the MW3 campaign yesterday actually. How dumb was that storyline, anyways? So dumb.

Spoilers:
The idea that the russian president would give up the nuclear launch codes for his daughter is so stupid that I thought SURELY someone in the game would comment on that. But they never did. Hoo boy.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not

GAF!

P.S Where is this gif from?

P.P.S Wait, they are revealing that they will reveal the game?
s22XC.jpg

MW
WaW
MW2
BO
MW3
BO2

Six games using the same god damn engine.

....What would be the point of a new engine so late in the generation when MS and Sony's next consoles are around the corner. People keep crying about the engine like it will magically fix all of CoD's various problems.

SoulClap

I can't say I'm excited after putting in a decent amount of time with the PS3 version. I stopped playing after getting bored with the maps (it felt like there was a lot of snow covered maps). The bullet lag didn't help either. Still trying to figure out why the frame rate was so bad on Firing Range. That game looked like garbage, what could possibly have caused the FR to drop like that?

Marlowe89

Black Ops is one of the very few Call of Duty games I actually found somewhat enjoyable. Mite b cool.

...nah, it's CoD. I'll pass.

black ops has my favourite multiplayer of the series, so sign me up. hopefully it isn't a disastrous sequel like modern warfare 2 was multiplayer wise. get at me, mw2-gaf.

although mw2 single player >>>>> black ops single player

oh, you forgot call of duty: united offensive hahaha

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
ugh, seriously cant wait for this series to just end. tony hawk anyone?

Why do people like you waste your time coming into threads about games you want to die? That's pretty sad.

Top Bottom