• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's Japan mag news - Level 5 Soccer RPG, BOB!!, Project O, Camelot is back

cvxfreak

Good to see Capcom expanding their portfolio of games, and with a top-notch developer with proper experience on a system that actually makes sense.

GDGF

Soothsayer
ethelred said:
King Story looks outstanding. :D

Can't really see much of Valkyrie with the angle of that scan.

That is a really good analogy.

Thanks! First thing that came to mind, really.

Kafel

Banned
Nintendo =
full.jpg

USD

King Story sounds awesome, this is the kind of game the Wii needs. Valkyrie of the Battlefield looks interesting, but I can't see shit, captain. And it looks the DS is getting plenty more games.

Scrubking

I'm disappointed with King Story. I was expecting something totally different than another medieval fantasy sim. Very disappointed.

The golf game looks good at least. Hopefully it will have more than 2 characters and not be a kiddy game.

Kafel

Banned
Could someone please explain this :

1. 登録4070428 CAMELOT
2. 登録4730854 エガオイメージズ\EGAOIMAGES
3. 登録4730855 【図有】
4. 登録5018187 テニスだいすき!
5. 登録5018188 野球だいすき!
6. 登録5043329 ジープラネット\GPLANET
7. 商願2006-060304 ゴルフだいすき!
8. 商願2007-013444 アイラブゴルフ\ILOVEGOLF
9. 商願2007-013445 アイラブテニス\ILOVETENNIS
10. 商願2007-021120 ウィーラブゴルフ\WELOVEGOLF
11. 商願2007-021121 ウィーラブテニス\WELOVETENNIS
12. 商願2007-021122 ウィーラブベースボール\WELOVEBASEBALL

Wii/DS titles ? release dates ? What is it about ?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Scrubking said:
I'm disappointed with King Story. I was expecting something totally different than another medieval fantasy sim. Very disappointed.
the game was always going to be medieval fantasy maybe you should have read about it first?

Acosta

Really excited for King Story, sounds fantastic and looks great.

And the soccer game of Level 5 is really exciting for me too, I was a big fan of Tecmo games (and the last Tsubasa game for DS was really great in my book).

Boo! for Camelot working in another golf game.

Thanks for the scans and the info.

Scrubking said:
I read all the info I could find and none of them said that.
They released art works too, alluding to the medieval setting but very stylized.

Speaking of which, can anyone post them? The perspective of the game makes it possible for the concept art to be accurately portrayed in game.

wow, best issue in months indeed. Haven't played Layton (since we are still waiting...) and Luminous Arc but they looked good and their sequels look better. Layton specially looks so charming that I'm sure I'll get into it.

Soccer RPG by Level 5!? Count me in! Football games with good developers behind, and RPG elements, its really wonderful!

Warm about King Story, Camelot coming back with Capcom and doing what I said Sony should do with Minna series is kind of weird...

Oh, ACE3, Valkyrie of the Battlefield, Sengoku Basara 2 Heroes....really awesome stuff!

goompapa

sp0rsk said:
Dude, whatever. He looks like a white Sammo Hung, but fatter.

He's so gonna be my character.

He looks like a blonde Jeff Gerstman, maybe not quite as fat. (Their faces really are similar, seriously)

King story looks great to me, but I can foresee some bitching since it doesn't look as "mature" as some would hope.:lol

legend166

Scrubking said:

Yeah, I know what you mean. It seems there are more quasi-god game/RPG hybrids these days as there are first person shooters.

Get some creativity, devs!

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
legend of kage 2, huh? there's a game i never expected to see. i guess the two screen setup is perfect for those huuuuuuuge jumps. and new 2d action games are always welcome

King Story artwork is real nice.

For some reason, I've always been a sucker for 'structured' towns like the ones in the art. I dunno, being built on top of itself, and cliffs and all that...

ziran

Nice to see Camelot back, their action games are better than their (pure) RPGs imo, not that their RPGs are bad.

ggnoobIGN said:
This game is already far into development for PC in Japan. It may have already released, I don't know. Pretty sure it's going to be nothing more than a port.
Yeah, I think you're right, they look the same:
http://wii.ign.com/articles/722/722509p1.html

4r262iv.jpg

5xnhldf.jpg

Wii Golf is great, the best game of Golf out there at the moment, but Camelot has talent so I hope this turns out well, Mario Golf was loads of fun.

King Story sounds really good. I'm also getting an Actraizer vibe, which was great.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Still, that's not a port, they obviously aren't going to throw away all those unused assets when they're making yet another golf game.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Anata wo yurusanai sounds badass. I would really like to see this get translated for the US. There are boatloads of japanese adventure games that never get translated into english. It's damn irritating.

Top Bottom