• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita western launch thread | It only does everything, everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

I paused my other downloads so I could confirm, but there's still over an hour estimated left for MJ download.
My copy of MJ is installing right now. Paused BlazBlue to grab it early.
Also grabbing the Dungeon Hunter Alliance demo just so I can see what this Buy Now prompt in the Live Area looks like.

I paused my other downloads so I could confirm, but there's still over an hour estimated left for MJ download.

Awesome, any other confirmations we can get would be great. I have said pretty much all I know about the situation so for now we will just have to wait and see.

Edit: Well thanks to UberTag we should know in a few minutes.

BFIB

Can you download Vita games on PS3? This is the only way I have to attempt getting the MJ game until tomorrow at around 4:30pm. :/

Yes, just log into the PS Store and search for the game. You can download it, then transfer to your Vita.

theBishop

Banned
Which is the better choice: GTA Liberty City Stories or GTA Vice City Stories? I want to get one of them, but I have only enough cash for one.

Also getting Assassin's Creed Bloodlines

Liberty City Stories is the only GTA where I actually finished the single player. It's got solid action and some hilarious missions as well (I love the mudslinging political campaign, and Ma's missions).

Vice City is more technically accomplished, it has helicopters. There's an "Empire Building" pseudo-SRPG mechanic which is a major part of the game (the only GTA to do it). And the main character is very likeable.

Personally, I'd skip Assassin's, and get both. But if you have to choose one, I'd probably pick Liberty City by a slim margin.

EDIT: Is Chinatown Wars on the PSN store? I bet that looks great in OLED.

VanWinkle

Well, both Walmarts around me had no idea what I was talking about, and I asked if they could check if they had any in the back they were like "We didn't see anything that was coming out today" so I went ahead and just ordered it at Amazon, even though I won't get it until Thursday or Friday. Pretty darn disappointed.

Eusis

Maybe the segregated release would've worked better on, say, PS4? Or it's another reason they should've built up a bit more mainstream pre-release hype, just so the people working retail would actually know it exists at all.

I wonder how Sony is gonna handle this whole fiasco. If they can disable it remotely than obviously they will do that. But if they can't, at this point it must be all over the internet and I would assume thousands if not tens of thousands of downloads will happen by the time they pull it. Does sony pay ubisoft? Does ubisoft get ripshit at sony?

Not that we will ever know, but it's an interesting issue sony is gonna have to resolve.

Eusis

I expect it COULD be like Fable II instead actually. You COULD download it for free, but if you delete it you're going to need to buy it (or use your disc if you were just avoiding using that). At the least it doesn't seem to be the same type of bungle that Undead Knights was.

I wonder how Sony is gonna handle this whole fiasco. If they can disable it remotely than obviously they will do that. But if they can't, at this point it must be all over the internet and I would assume thousands if not tens of thousands of downloads will happen by the time they pull it. Does sony pay ubisoft? Does ubisoft get ripshit at sony?

Not that we will ever know, but it's an interesting issue sony is gonna have to resolve.

There is no fiasco. No one was going to buy it anyway lol.

Well, both Walmarts around me had no idea what I was talking about, and I asked if they could check if they had any in the back they were like "We didn't see anything that was coming out today" so I went ahead and just ordered it at Amazon, even though I won't get it until Thursday or Friday. Pretty darn disappointed.

That is pretty ridiculous :(. I work at a Walmart and have been to numerous midnight launches there. But, the people working in my* electronics are actually competent at what they do :\.

There is no fiasco. No one was going to buy it anyway lol.

Well yeah, obviously the vast, vast majority of us downloading it wouldnt buy it. But if im ubisoft I think i have some right to be pissed off at sony. I guess the question is how pissed off and what does sony do to make it up to them?

UberTag

Well, I just unlocked a trophy in Michael Jackson: The Experience HD from the demo.
Don't see a 'Buy Now' option in the install screen.
No prompts to purchase the full version of the game anywhere else, either.
Looks to be a legit screwup.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Well, I just unlocked a trophy in Michael Jackson: The Experience HD from the demo.

On the game I wanted least of all of course. :)
That's fine. I'll support Rayman at Target.

DBT85

Does anyone else think that the other Ubi games at least have the right idea?

I mean, if for whatever reason you can't knock together a proper demo for a game, should you HAVE to have the game bought via an unlock key?

That way even if the game is 3GB, at least people can try it before they stump up for it.

I know it won't happen but that would surely be the ideal.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Just downloaded Michael Jackson. Woo, free Platinum! This makes up for Lumines. Thanks Ubi.

Now to wait till next Wednesday

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I think the full version is linked to the demo somehow even on the store level. There's 6 ratings for both the full version and the demo.

About 10 minutes ago, it was 5 ratings at 5 stars I think for both versions. I gave the demo a 1 star rating, bumping it to 6 ratings for the demo but the full version was 5 ratings still. I just checked again and now they both have 6 ratings and the same amount of stars. lulz

patsu

[kneel down and look up into starry night]

"Thank you, Michael~ <3"

Edit:
Wife is an MJ ex-fan. Think I'll score extra points this Valentine's Day.

Claude

Catalina's bitch
Is Star Wars: Battlefront II for PSP worth it? Is it similar to the PS2 version?

Never had a PSP, so this is the perfect opportunity to catch up on PSP games while waiting for Gravity Rush

frequency

Nice vid. So is the FEB the only version with AR cards? I was surprised they weren't in the smaller box with the vita.

No. I have standalone wifi model and it came with AR cards.

Nice to see confirmation for MJ. I feel bad for whoever is at fault though.
I actually like MJ songs so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom