• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 17 EASHL (PS4) | DISALLOWED GOAL SCORERS

Delryk

No but I read some guy was able to beat the game with like either only the 3 hearts (could have been 4). I bet that is the same kind of thing. I'm like 6 hours in and really just taking my sweet time.

yah.. i think i did around 10 hours with my buddy. as i said cooking is the best part! :p

MattDoza

How's everyone doing? I haven't really been on much. And then I discovered my PS+ ran out sometime in the past few weeks. I'll re-up when I catch a sale somewhere. When is the beta? Is that in August usually? I'm actually kinda digging the look of Live 18 and looking forward to that beta, as well.

Looks like everyone is enjoying BoTW. I still haven't seen a Switch on a store shelf. I know I can lurk with trackers but I haven't cared quite that much.

Anyway. Sorry if I've been a ghost. I'm still around. Hope you're all well.

Stat!

No worries Matt. Hope you are having a great summer as well! Beta is on July 25th. Sign up now if you havent!

Everyone excited for the beta next week?!?!

Delryk

No worries Matt. Hope you are having a great summer as well! Beta is on July 25th. Sign up now if you havent!

Everyone excited for the beta next week?!?!

it's next week? damn. well atleast i'll be on vacation so i'll be around.

I'm off from 20th to the 8th! w0000t.

Delryk

No e-mail yet from me either.

Wonder if we'll pre-load it. Been playing the Destiny 2 beta.

you mean Destiny 1.5

it's one of those things where you shouldn't be able to compare a sequel to a yearly game (NHL, FIFA, etc) and but you can definately do that with Destiny

Stat!

you mean Destiny 1.5

it's one of those things where you shouldn't be able to compare a sequel to a yearly game (NHL, FIFA, etc) and but you can definately do that with Destiny

I never played Destiny 1. Im mixed. First night I had a ton of fun, second night I felt really lost.

you mean Destiny 1.5

Delryk you are a true gaffer, you hate on every game that we ever discuss

Ill be recommending you for GAF Gold to my mod friends

Delryk

Delryk you are a true gaffer, you hate on every game that we ever discuss

Ill be recommending you for GAF Gold to my mod friends

lol. I played the shit out of Destiny 1.. all the DLCs.. i'm maxed.. played forever the raids with buddies... even if the story was pure shit

look, they know they'll make millions of sales and thats all they care about. heh characters have the same skills, some new textures, no HDR support. they can fuck off for all i care. Bungie is a POS even when they did Halo

13thStep

lol. I played the shit out of Destiny 1.. all the DLCs.. i'm maxed.. played forever the raids with buddies... even if the story was pure shit

look, they know they'll make millions of sales and thats all they care about. heh characters have the same skills, some new textures, no HDR support. they can fuck off for all i care. Bungie is a POS even when they did Halo

YES! Let the hate flow through you...

you typed so many words when u could have just said "yes viz you are right"

Stat!

I'm really torn on Destiny. Like I get its a beta, but part of me feels like there isn't enough content there for when I do pick it up. Is there a lot to do in game?

Delryk

I'm really torn on Destiny. Like I get its a beta, but part of me feels like there isn't enough content there for when I do pick it up. Is there a lot to do in game?

I'd say yes and no.

Story & Strike missions are fun.... Story in #1 was short. Strikes get SUPER repetitive quick but still fun.

Raids are great BUT you need 3-4 hours for 1 raid and a good full group.

PVP, never played so wouldn't know :p

Once you finish the game, it's all about strikes and raids to grind to get better weapons and armor (and to up your rank)..... Daily/weekly missions are ALWAYS the same.

13thStep

I'd say yes and no.

Story & Strike missions are fun.... Story in #1 was short. Strikes get SUPER repetitive quick but still fun.

Raids are great BUT you need 3-4 hours for 1 raid and a good full group.

PVP, never played so wouldn't know :p

Once you finish the game, it's all about strikes and raids to grind to get better weapons and armor (and to up your rank)..... Daily/weekly missions are ALWAYS the same.

You just described 12 years of World of Warcraft for me! We used to raid for 3-4 hours, 4 days a week.

13thStep

yes but WoW doesn't have only +/-10 different raid possibilities.. LOL

Not true. Once a new xpac came out, no one ran the old raids anymore. You only raid current stuff b/c of gear. Let's say there were 4 raid tiers released during an xpac. Once Raid tier "2" came out, no one did raid tier "1" anymore b/c the gear was lower than the current stuff. So basically you raid the same shit for months until the new tier came out.

The worst was the end of an xpac, same raids forever til the new xpac came out. That is when most guilds would break up, b/c people were bored and would no show.

Delryk

Not true. Once a new xpac came out, no one ran the old raids anymore. You only raid current stuff b/c of gear. Let's say there were 4 raid tiers released during an xpac. Once Raid tier "2" came out, no one did raid tier "1" anymore b/c the gear was lower than the current stuff. So basically you raid the same shit for months until the new tier came out.

The worst was the end of an xpac, same raids forever til the new xpac came out. That is when most guilds would break up, b/c people were bored and would no show.

Man.. i wouldn't be able to stand that shit... I did a lot of raids in my days in EQ2,DaoC but once i'd get what I wanted from that place, i wouldn't do it again. fuck that!.. lol

13thStep

Man.. i wouldn't be able to stand that shit... I did a lot of raids in my days in EQ2,DaoC but once i'd get what I wanted from that place, i wouldn't do it again. fuck that!.. lol

No way man, it was all about the raid team. Even if I got the gear I needed for a certain raid, I kept showing up so the entire raid team could gear up. All about the team!!! I was on the loot council. 4 of us used to decide the best person to get the gear. There was so much trust between us and the guild. Sigh...man I miss those times and those people.

Delryk

No way man, it was all about the raid team. Even if I got the gear I needed for a certain raid, I kept showing up so the entire raid team could gear up. All about the team!!! I was on the loot council. 4 of us used to decide the best person to get the gear. There was so much trust between us and the guild. Sigh...man I miss those times and those people.

lol.. I hear you man... I was a mayor of the city and guild leader in SWG from start to end.. it was fun times until they decided to trash it!

New Defensive stick details with new stick chop controls...: https://www.easports.com/nhl/news/2...&utm_medium=social&cid=33653&ts=1500668051441

How much loot was in Destiny 1? Is the game geared more towards PVE?

Meh on the NHL18 defensive stick stuff. I dont think its gonna be very useful. It will be like that bendover sweep stick move that never gets used in the current game.

Destiny 1 had a lot of cool loot and yes the game was geared more towards PvE. It just took awhile for their to br enough worthwhile content with all the DLC updates and it took them awhile to overhaul the levelling and RNG as it was stingy as fuck in the early days.

If you are on the fence wait for reviews to see how much content they put in at launch and keep in mind thats its pretty much essential to have people to play with to enjoy the game.

We know there is one raid, but there better be way more than the 4-5 strikes D1 shipped with, the story better be lengthy and somewhat decent quality and the new open world quests hopefully are interesting, otherwise wait it out.

Stat!

Meh on the NHL18 defensive stick stuff. I dont think its gonna be very useful. It will be like that bendover sweep stick move that never gets used in the current game.

Destiny 1 had a lot of cool loot and yes the game was geared more towards PvE. It just took awhile for their to br enough worthwhile content with all the DLC updates and it took them awhile to overhaul the levelling and RNG as it was stingy as fuck in the early days.

If you are on the fence wait for reviews to see how much content they put in at launch and keep in mind thats its pretty much essential to have people to play with to enjoy the game.

We know there is one raid, but there better be way more than the 4-5 strikes D1 shipped with, the story better be lengthy and somewhat decent quality and the new open world quests hopefully are interesting, otherwise wait it out.

Cool. Ty for letting me know. I do have it pre-ordered for $50 so I can always play it and then sell it for like $70 if I really hate it.

I do enjoy loot collecting games too. Its just Im not sure how much my friends enjoy PVE too

Cool. Ty for letting me know. I do have it pre-ordered for $50 so I can always play it and then sell it for like $70 if I really hate it.

I do enjoy loot collecting games too. Its just Im not sure how much my friends enjoy PVE too

The PvP stuff wasnt bad in the last game either and by all accounts the new weapon systems have made it a lot more enjoyable too.

Ill be picking it up and have a few friends that will as well.

Stat!

The PvP stuff wasnt bad in the last game either and by all accounts the new weapon systems have made it a lot more enjoyable too.

Ill be picking it up and have a few friends that will as well.

Yeah, Im leaning towards picking it up then.

Im playing Splatoon 2 though. ITs like Nintendo heard about online from somebody else but hasn't actually done anything.

Beta on Tuesday night?

13thStep

Just got my code. Like I said, I will be on around 9 tonight. I can stay on late b/c I have work late tomorrow as well.

Edit: Oh shit, I hope this download doesn't take too long. How long will it take?

Delryk

Just got my code. Like I said, I will be on around 9 tonight. I can stay on late b/c I have work late tomorrow as well.

Edit: Oh shit, I hope this download doesn't take too long. How long will it take?

17gigs was like 5mins for me sooo.. depends on you :)

zsswimmer

Hey man what does your name mean? Don't have to tell if you don't want but I can kinda guess if it's what I think it is. AA related?

13thStep

Hey man what does your name mean? Don't have to tell if you don't want but I can kinda guess if it's what I think it is. AA related?

No worries Swim. Its the name of one of my favorite songs of an album by A Perfect Circle. Album name and song are both 13th Step.

Most of my user names on various forums or even ps4 are music related. My PS4 name, MercySeverity is one of my fav songs off of Mudvayne's album, The End of All Things to Come.

Ha ha, i really love music is my point.

Oshimai

Took a quick look at player customization. Still no TRUE gear, Warrior Alpha or the 2S line. Mouthguards are unlocked after you prestige and hit level 11.
Emoticon_facepalm.gif
Emoticon_facepalm.gif

But not too worried about the new gear, EA usually adds em in after the first few patches.

Menus are smoother and seem to load faster and the menu music is better.

Delryk

Also... rosters arent up to do.. Marleau not on Leafs.. lol

Gally is rated 85 wtf

Matthews 83
Willy n Marner 82

Love how Habs have a better offensive rating.. ahah.

Top Bottom