• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK General Election 2017 |OT2| No Government is better than a bad Government

Status
Not open for further replies.
xYJ6z_s-200x150.gif

I don't know what to believe anymore

Lo-Volt

EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE REMAINERS

Something to be said about that concept. Just like Scottish YES voters went hard as fuckers in subsequent elections, and American Democrats coming out in droves in special elections after Hillary Clinton's loss in 2016.

Zaph

Laura Kuenssberg Is my favourite political commentator. Her questions are always on point and she always seems half an hour ahead of the coverage than anyone else.

She's very good at her job but her treatment of May compared to Corbyn this election really soured me on her.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Amazing, senior Conservatives calling for general election in October with new leader.

Cub3h

Banned
Yep, she was good as an MP I recall. Promised to give her 11% pay rise to charity too from what i remember.

My mrs deals with her at work and only has good things to say about her. I never saw any other candidate campaigning here, whilst she was at the door twice.

pulsemyne

Here's the amazing thing though...Labour are gaining seats (or at least look like they will) that is frankly fucking amazing considering where we were two months ago. Astonishing turnaround.

Seriously the coverage is terrible in Australia. BBC is playing fucking EastEnders and Sky News is just our own reporters talking in a monotone voice like they don't care at all.
I don't think anyone is carrying it in Canada besides CBC casually mentioning it as a passing thing every quarter hour or so.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Lib Dems at Clegg's count saying he's lost.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
So I don't know shit about BritPolitics

What's the deal with the exit poll?

Theresa May, the Tory leader, went into the election with a 20 point lead for the Tories in polls (which would return her a 100+ seat majority) against a Labour leader about whom even other Labour politicians were claiming was electoral poison who could never win anything, ever, and it was going to be a total disaster and a wipeout for the Labour party.

The Exit Poll for the election points to a hung parliament (i.e. no clear majority for any party, although with a slim Tory majority still), which would basically mean Theresa May managed to wipe out most of a 20 point lead and Corbyn dramatically overperformed.

King_Moc

Banned
My mrs deals with her at work and only has good things to say about her. I never saw any other candidate campaigning here, whilst she was at the door twice.

Michael Ellis' voting record was dire. Anti-gay marriage, all the usual tory shit.

offshore

"Britain Elects‏ @britainelects 34s35 seconds ago
Tight fights in Shipley (Con, Philip Davies) and Putney (Con, Justine Greening)"

oh pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease please please please please let Philip Davies have lost his seat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom