• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean. America is forever changed and it's image and influence are irrepavly tarnished in the near term, but don't you feel really bad for sean spicer today? Let's think of who is really getting hurt here.
I think it's hilarious how Spicer can't even give an anonymous quote without revealing who he is:
The only staffer not on the plane said:
”I'm glad I'm not on the plane so I could be here to answer your Russia questions," a senior Trump administration official said, sarcastically, before abruptly hanging up.

The thumbs up gesture is apparently considered rude in Saudi Arabia.

DsVUVVb.gif
It means, "I'm going to stick my thumb in your ass" (I think). The parallels are uncanny! When Richard Nixon visited Brazil in the '50s, as he got off the plane he gave the crowd the A-O.K. hand sign, which is their equivalent of the middle finger.

I think it's hilarious how Spicer can't even give an anonymous quote without revealing who he is:

It means, "I'm going to stick my thumb in your ass" (I think). The parallels are uncanny! When Richard Nixon visited Brazil in the '50s, as he got off the plane he gave the crowd the A-O.K. hand sign, which is their equivalent of the middle finger.
more specifically, the equivllant of the backdoor orifice

Holy crap they haven't brought the stairs up to the plane yet. Last year Trump threatened to leave if China hadn't done so ASAP

...aww, there they are. For shame.

Oh CNN, you can't possibly believe the official administration line that Trump couldn't sleep on the flight because he was busy working on his Islam speech. We all know he was brooding over the endless negative press. On the bright side, we get the CNN International crew on air.

fwiw, I'd argue that gamergate (r/k_i_a) was the r/t_d practice run.

They sat him down in front of pictures of past saudi kings and next to the current one.

I guess the white house will say they got tricked again.

e: Trump is a traitor, in saudi, and brian williams just showed a picture of ducks and ducklings saying "if you don't think this is cute, you're just not put together right".

Joe

The more I read/hear about the special council the more I don't like it.

-It gives the GOP and the White House cover and an excuse to dodge questions

-It's a criminal investigation and collusion isn't criminal

-Obstruction of justice is hard to prosecute without a "smoking gun"

-It has no obligation to reveal the details of the investigation if it fails to uncover criminal activity

-More times than not these types of investigations only end up prosecuting underlings who committed crimes in relation to the investigation (perjury)

-It hinders the current Congressional investigations

-It could take years - possibly many, many years

Take Lawrence Walsh and the Iran Contra investigation for example:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawrence_Walsh
On December 19, 1986, Walsh was named as the independent counsel in charge of the Iran-Contra investigation.

Walsh submitted his final report on August 4, 1993

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Trump should be impeached simply for looking like a damned slob while meeting with foreign leaders. That ill-fitting suit and extra-long tie. Just embarrassing.

“I’m struggling not to discuss He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named,” a psychiatrist named Jerrold Post said last week, speaking on the phone from his office, in Bethesda, Maryland. Post, who is the director of the political-psychology program at George Washington University’s Elliott School of International Affairs, and the founder of the C.I.A.’s Center for the Analysis of Personality and Political Behavior, has made a career of political-personality profiling. However, he is also a distinguished life fellow of the American Psychiatric Association, whose professional code of conduct forbids members to publicly comment on the psyches of living public figures whom they have not personally examined.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...-speak-out-against-trump?mbid=social_facebook

Mr.Shrugglesツ;237471204 said:
He said that psychiatrists have a constructive role to play in advising policymakers to add checks on the President’s control over nuclear weapons. “That supersedes the Goldwater rule,” he said. “It’s an existential survival issue.”

This is kind of weird to say. Considering being wary of Goldwater's mental ability to handle the nuclear codes was literally their argument for coming out against him; but was apparently so morally wrong for them to do they had to create a rule about how it's not their place to comment on fears of who has the nuclear codes

I thiiiiiink Trump wears the long ties so it goes over his gut, but when moving around it looks ridiculous.
The scope is "Russian meddling" I think, which is a lot more broad. Finding any connections between Trump + associates and the Russians would be just the starting point, and anything they find during that part could be followed up on.

-It has no obligation to reveal the details of the investigation if it fails to uncover criminal activity

-More times than not these types of investigations only end up prosecuting underlings who committed crimes in relation to the investigation (perjury)

To be fair we live in a different time than 1986 or 1993. The internet and better technology significantly speed everything up. For example Mueller did an exhaustive investigation into the NFL's handling of the Ray Rice situation, including having over 900 people interviewed, in less than two years.

If I have an issue it's moreso with Mueller's ideology than anything else. As has been pointed out, he's an institutionalist. Is he going to side with harming the institution of our democracy by advocating for the president being arrested or impeached or removed from office? On the flip side if Trump is truly guilty I believe Mueller will do the right thing. But I think the most likely scenario is that a couple people go to jail and Trunp escapes basically due to being stupid.

Not really, it's not like they can move forward with their agenda while a special prosecutor comments on the controversy. This will stay, stain and demoralise (even more!) the administration.

Uh, POTUS admitted to firing FBI director to stop investigation, brags to the Russians about it and has a bizarre loyalty to someone in deep shit. If a prosecutor can't build a case around this, dunno what they can build on.
Public opinion demands answers, conclusions unless highly classified will be released.

Didn't hinder the Rs when they went after Clinton. They don't want to investigate their own President.
Bobby Three Sticks is 72, he's taking over an investigation that's in full operational mode so it's not going to take years as in 5 or 6 years, this should be over by the midterms IMO.

They had former FBI people on CNN that were confident this would only take 1-2 years with Mueller in charge.

Also the republicans sabotaged the congressional investigation before it started, they put a member of the trump transition team in charge of the investigation, we cant rely on the house or senate to get this done when there's republicans interfering.

Mueller is taking over an investigation that was executing warrants and issuing grand jury subpoenas before he even arrived. I don't think we're going to have to wait seven years to hear anything.

Time to brace for all the positive foreign trip coverage.

His speech on Islam is completely contradictory to his campaign rhetoric and actual policy. But I am sure media will be impressed and push the narrative of a "new Trump" emerging due to all the setbacks.

Time to brace for all the positive foreign trip coverage.

His speech on Islam is completely contradictory to his campaign rhetoric and actual policy. But I am sure media will be impressed and push the narrative of a "new Trump" emerging due to all the setbacks.

CNN: "Alright we're here covering the presidents speech to Saudi Arabia"

*Van Jones tearing up*: "This is just beautiful, beautiful words"

Cooper: "Looks like the president has turned a new leaf here, could this be the turn around?"

Lord: "I told you, if you the media would just stop attack him for 1 second you can see his greatness."

Cooper: "Well, i admit it, i was wrong- wait, whats he doing?"

Trump: "These muslims though, people say i hate, i dont hate muslims, i love them, they love me, i love people, i love all people. I come to Saudi Arabia, great business partners, they greet me with these women, you wouldnt believe it, these muslim women, its unbelievable what they do.

Cooper: "Welp, that last a good 8 minutes".

It's already been going. The Five has had Ted Fucking Nugent on getting his opinion.

They've been doing nothing but bad mouthing comey, having lawyers on saying Trump did nothing wrong, and trying to KILL THE LEAKERS.

The little bit i saw last week was "HYSTERICAL LIBERAL MEDIA, HYPOCRITES?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom