• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Triple H |OT| February Wrasslin

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvd2kewl

There was a TNA ppv tonight?

Why don't they advertise these things

Apparently the person running their website didn't even know. Not a single mention on the website (no previews, no photos, nothing) until the show was over. Even their photos were just screen grabs of the broadcast. They really came off like amateurs tonight.

I mean, I still probably wouldn't watch. I just like to know when the Impact zone is full so that I can pray for meteors.

So what happened to Jesse Sorenson?

rvd2kewl

...Just tonight?

True, they always have issues that no company should have with this much experience now. I was just blown away that they could push the next two PPV's so much on their website but couldn't make a single mention about the one that was actually occuring tonight.

He was on the floor outside the ring, and Zema Ion did a moonsault onto him from the top turnbuckle. He botched it however, and his knee landed on Jesse's head. Jesse had to be taken out on a stretcher, and things are looking pretty serious.

Wow, what a huge idiot. Ion did a similar spot on the previous PPV, but with a skytwister press, and was lucky not to have landed a whole lot worse as there was only one guy to catch him. Flipping moves to the floor beyond a simple plancha or tope con hilo are super dumb, especially when there's only one guy to make the catch.

This is seriously becoming one of my biggest pet peeves with wrestling, along with superkicks and moves on the apron.

Speaking of said moves, did you ever get to watch Fear?

Yeah, I did - had to watch it in three goes though, because, as much as I love PWG, I find watching their shows seriously tiring.

I really enjoyed Hero vs Mack and Generico vs Togo, but the main event was pure overkill and some of those chairshots were so sickening, plus Super Dragon totally murdered Nick Jackson with that Psycho Driver through a table.

Fuck yeah, yesterday's big New Japan show is already available - Apollo 55 (Prince Devit & Rysuke Taguchi) defend their IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team belts against the No Remorse Corps (Davey Richards & Rocky Romero), while Bad Intentions (Giant Bernard & Karl Anderson) invoke their rematch clause against newly crowned IWGP Heavyweight Tag Title champs TenKoji (Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima). Then, Masato Tanaka defends the IWGP Intercontinental Title against Hirooki Goto, who is looking for his first title win in NJPW, Tetsuya Naito & Shinsuke Nakamura continue their rivalry in an excellent singles match and in the main event Hiroshi Tanahashi, after breaking Yuji Nagata's record for most successful IWGP Heavyweight Title defences, puts his belt on the line against Kazuchika Okada;

NJPW "THE NEW BEGINNING", 12.02.2012
Osaka Prefectural Gymnasium
6,200 Fans - Super No Vacancy Full House

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x1x60x

01. Tomoaki Honma & King Fale vs Yujiro Takahashi & YOSHI-HASHI

02. Jushin 'Thunder' Liger, Captain New Japan & Tama Tonga vs Toru Yano, Takashi Iizuka & Tomohiro Ishii

IWGP Jr. HEAVYWEIGHT TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH;

03. Prince Devitt & Rysuke Taguchi (c) vs Davey Richards & Rocky Romero

ELIMINATION MATCH;

04. Yuji Nagata, Togi Makabe, Wataru Inoue, Tiger Mask & KUSHIDA vs Minoru Suzuki, Yoshihiro Takayama, Lance Archer, TAKA Michinoku & Taichi

IWGP HEAVYWEIGHT TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH;

05. Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima (c) vs Giant Bernard & Karl Anderson

IWGP INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE MATCH;

06. Masato Tanaka (c) vs Hirooki Goto

07. Tetsuya Naito vs Shinsuke Nakamura

IWGP HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH;

08. Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs Kazuchika Okada

Wow, Beef getting called a fuck face AND a jerkoff by Tazz on Twitter is way awesomer than Jericho telling me to tell my friend he's an assclown. XD

Feb 12 Observer Radio: Bryan Alvarez and Dave Meltzer

Wrestling Observer Radio with Bryan Alvarez and Dave Meltzer returns tonight to talk all the news in wrestling and MMA including an update on Jesse Sorensen, who was injured at the TNA PPV, a full review of that show from top to bottom, the good and the bad, a new UFC on FOX 3 match, a new IWGP Champion and Dave's thoughts on the decision, Raw Monday, Alberto Del Rio, Smackdown, your questions and so much more.

Feb 12 Observer Breaking News Audio: Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez

Wrestling Observer Radio with Bryan Alvarez and Dave Meltzer returns with a breaking news update talking the departure of Vince Russo from TNA, what happened and why, and the ramifications

DKehoe

Gold Member
Yeah, I did - had to watch it in three goes though, because, as much as I love PWG, I find watching their shows seriously tiring.

I really enjoyed Hero vs Mack and Generico vs Togo, but the main event was pure overkill and some of those chairshots were so sickening, plus Super Dragon totally murdered Nick Jackson with that Psycho Driver through a table.

I find PWG overkill a lot of the time too. I don't mind it for the main events, but not every match has to be guys kicking out of ridiculous moves.

I remember watching the most recent DDT4 and in the opening round and someone (I think it was one of the Rocknes monsters) kicked out of something and Excalibur said he had never seen someone kick out after that move. It wasn't even near the end of the match and like I said it was the opening round of a tournament, save that stuff for when it will mean more.

I do enjoy PWG overall though.

DiscoJon

Banned
This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by TNA Entertainment.

418138_10150573813031026_31695961025_9184853_1399959962_n.jpg

So Vince Russo supposedly quit instead of being fired due to losing alot of power lol. Meltzer seems to think this won't make a big change in the product, since the big change already happened when Pritchard got the head of creative job. I look forward to Russo signing with WWE sometime soon.

Entropia

No One Remembers
So will TNA ever leave the 'IMPACT ZONE'? For all the crap WWE crowds get TNA ones are terrible.

They really need to. I don't see why they just can't go around to smaller venues/markets/cities, there would probably be a bigger audience and they'd be a lot livelier than the IMPACT ZONE fans.

They really need to. I don't see why they just can't go around to smaller venues/markets/cities, there would probably be a bigger audience and they'd be a lot livelier than the IMPACT ZONE fans.

Cheaper to produce in a studio, though their production kinda blows regardless so that point shoot be moot.
At this point I just assume TNA is just a front to launder mob money anyway, so wherever they can trim costs positions them better with the family

DiscoJon

Banned
So Vince Russo supposedly quit instead of being fired due to losing alot of power lol. Meltzer seems to think this won't make a big change in the product, since the big change already happened when Pritchard got the head of creative job. I look forward to Russo signing with WWE sometime soon.

Sweet Baby Jesus no, Russo hasn't been good/relevant in a nearly a decade. You think he could fit in with the PG-WWE of today? There's no way.

I saw let him book some of the low card/midcard guys with Vince as his filter. There is nothing to lose. If not, he would be great to have for the WWE network for interviews for some of the attitude era stuff.

Yeah. I think every show I've seen away from the Impact Zone has appeared to be 'better'. Not sure if its because everyone is going all out to make it the best show possible, or if its because the fans are reacting -- or both.

Entropia

No One Remembers
The WWE needs a mid-card. The way that their shows are structured right now are terrible. The reason they aren't going to be able to create better stars is that people need a wrestler to cheer for who isn't in the main event. Right now, people are seemingly just thrown into the main event. Look at D.Brine, randomly wins the MITB... dicks around for a few months then suddenly wins the World Heavyweight Championship. Where was the transition?

People like Swagger, McIntyre, Gabriel, Slater, Rhodes(on his way to the Main Event) would benefit massively with a better mid-card showing on the shows.

Ithil

They seem to have forgotten that the likes of The Rock, or Austin, or Triple H were in the mid crd for a number of years and had plenty of mid card feuds and whatnot that got them popular enough to move up to the main event.

Hell that's how Cena got to the main event, he was a popular mid carder. Same deal with Orton. They didn't just suddenly walk into the main event after not doing anything for a year.

I saw let him book some of the low card/midcard guys with Vince as his filter. There is nothing to lose. If not, he would be great to have for the WWE network for interviews for some of the attitude era stuff.

So Eve can give birth to Kane's hand baby, with John Cena handling the delivery while Zack Ryder woo woo woos in the background? No thanks.

So Eve can give birth to Kane's hand baby, with John Cena handling the delivery while Zack Ryder woo woo woos in the background? No thanks.

You can always pick out a bad thing that happened during that time, but it's still better than Natalya's fart gimmick. The good far outweighs the bad during that time frame. Everyone was in a storyline and had a purpose. Unfortunately, I read this morning that Russo was under a contract so he might not be able to leave for awhile, depending if they let him out or not.

HBK must be the most boring tweeter of all time. It makes me wonder what he would be tweeting during his clique days. A circa 1994 era HBK on twitter would be amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom