• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spend $100 on US PSN and get $15 back from June 9th to June 20th

Looking like the following for me:

$40 Wipeout Omega Collection
$40 Superbeat: Xonic
$15 Loco Roco remastered
$10 NHL 17

Only paid $85 for the ps store card, so all-in-all this deal should work out quite well.

This deal is always nice for grabbing digital only titles but I'm confused on people being excited for it when it comes to games getting a retail release.

It's $15 back for spending $100 so it's 15% back. Gamers Club Unlock at Best Buy is $30 for two years and gives you 20% off any game anytime (except Black Friday last year and maybe going forward). Amazon has 20% off newly released games with Prime.

Best Buy sweetens the deal with an occasional extra $10 back when you preorder certain games. Currently those games are:
  • Middle-earth: Shadow of War
  • Destiny 2
  • Call of Duty: WWII
  • Star Wars: Battlefront II
  • Madden NFL 18

With the Best Buy deal you pay $48 for those games, and then get an extra $10 in credit knocking it down to $38. Yes, you still need to buy the expansion pass that will be $30, but then you get the game and expansion pass for $68 total.

My Capital One Playstation card gets me 11% cash back on any purchases I make on the Playstation Store. That deal combined with $15 off $100, mixed AGAIN with the Summer Sale Sony is starting tomorrow, and I should be looking at some great deals.

I'm a member of Best Buy GCU as well (got in on that crazy price/glitch promo a few years back and got 8 years of GCU for like $20), but sometimes it's just nicer to go digital.

nynt9

Is this active now? (past midnight in EST) or should I wait for a more certain time, knowing how PSN operates?

lupinko

Any chance Uncharted 4 and Nioh deluxe will go on sale during this rebate?

At the very least I'll start this by picking up the CPT 2017 bundle and some 50 cent avatars.

Any chance Uncharted 4 and Nioh deluxe will go on sale during this rebate?

At the very least I'll start this by picking up the CPT 2017 bundle and some 50 cent avatars.
Uncharted 4 is almost a lock since that game was so heavily featured in past E3s. I can see Ni-Oh going on sale too but it's a bit of a 60/40 chance.

Yeah isn't Nioh a first party game in the west? Like Sony published and distributed?
Now that I think about it Ni-Oh does have a pretty good chance. If Yakuza 0 is already confirmed to be going on sale, then I don't see why Ni-Oh would be singled out.

days-of-play-psn-sale-image-block-02-us-07jun17

Does this include buying the PS+ sub?
Yes. Any purchase you make on the store will count towards this deal AS LONG AS IT's DONE WITHIN THE TIME PERIOD.

Tevious

We get the same questions every time, so please add this to the OP:

These deals happen every February, June, and October.

FAQ:
Q: Does it work with preorders?
A: Yes. (And if your preorder is delayed, Sony will offer you a refund and you can keep the $15, too.)

Q: Does a PlayStation Plus sub count towards the $100?
A: Yes.

Q: If I load $100 of credit into my wallet, do I get the $15?
A: No. You have to spend $100 on something.

Q: Will $99.98 count?
A: Some people have reported that they just received their $15 automatically, others had to contact customer service to get it. Best advice is to buy a cheap avatar for about $0.50 to be on the safe side.

Q: Does it stack? If I spend $200, will I get $30 back?
A: No, you can only get $15 back; no more.

Q: Do I have to purchase everything in one transaction?
A: No, just spend $100 during the promotional period.

Q: Does the $15 expire?
A: It only expires if you don't redeem the code into your PSN wallet before the expiration date.

We get the same questions every time, so please add this to the OP:

These deals happen every February, June, and October.

FAQ:
Q: Does it work with preorders?
A: Yes. (And if your preorder is delayed, Sony will offer you a refund and you can keep the $15, too.)

Q: Does a PlayStation Plus sub count towards the $100?
A: Yes.

Q: If I load $100 of credit into my wallet, do I get the $15?
A: No. You have to spend $100 on something.

Q: Will $99.98 count?
A: Some people have reported that they just received their $15 automatically, others had to contact customer service to get it. Best advice is to buy a cheap avatar for about $0.50 to be on the safe side.

Q: Does it stack? If I spend $200, will I get $30 back?
A: No, you can only get $15 back; no more.

Q: Do I have to purchase everything in one transaction?
A: No, just spend $100 during the promotional period.

Q: Does the $15 expire?
A: It only expires if you don't redeem the code into your PSN wallet before the expiration date.

thank you for this. Gonna get destiny 2 digital deluxe for my $100. Seems like PS+ is also $50 right now, if you get 2 years of that and get credit back, its like ~$46 per year. Not bad

Also, cards on sale on ebay again https://slickdeals.net/f/10245836-1...-or-nintendo-eshop-90-email-delivery#comments

taybul

Reminder, this is ending tonight at 11:59 PT. I'm trying to decide what to get myself for this promo. Torn between Persona 5 and Nier: Automata.

Reminder, this is ending tonight at 11:59 PT. I'm trying to decide what to get myself for this promo. Torn between Persona 5 and Nier: Automata.

My top two games of the year so far (and Nioh. And Horizon. And Resident Evil. This is a good year^^). You will get more bang for your buck with Persona, but you will play nothing else quite like Neir automata. Whichever one you pick, please pick up the other this year^^.

Deku Tree

Nope. Somebody said July 5 to me a while ago. Not sure if that's in the fine print somewhere. You also have to redeem it by July 15 or something.

blackjaw

Now that I think about it Ni-Oh does have a pretty good chance. If Yakuza 0 is already confirmed to be going on sale, then I don't see why Ni-Oh would be singled out.

days-of-play-psn-sale-image-block-02-us-07jun17

Yes. Any purchase you make on the store will count towards this deal AS LONG AS IT's DONE WITHIN THE TIME PERIOD.

Edit: got my code

Haven't got mine yet. Preordered Everybody's Golf and Gran Turismo Sport. Chatted with customer service today and said that I qualify for one and that it would be sent out by July 18th. Here's hoping.

Top Bottom