• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday the 13th: The Game |OT| You and your friends are dead. GAME OVER

halfbeast

Banned
NtXFNSN.gif

sYx4lkd.jpg

h773rPZ.jpg

2590922-3988854157-kqz1p.gif

x5ynn7h.jpg

8873e4657e134bc866ae829b9209c429.gif

(she's bi)

Been seeing quite a few disconnects when Jason goes for the kill. Why can the kill be registered at the opening of the kill animation, it's not like anyone can be saved at that point. Pretty dumb to have to wait for the kill to complete.

Yeah I just had two idiots do this to me on PC. At first one of them was like, "leave me alone or I'll DC before you kill me". Of course I immediately targeted him so he would GTFO and he was dead 30 seconds later. Then I caught someone at the phone with the same type of threat, "let me call the police or I'll DC and you'll get no XP". I immediately killed his ass too. I've got everything unlocked that matters, I even go out of my way to shoot Counselors exploiting despite the -1000xp because fuck those people.

I just don't know what it is about these people. Why the hell are you even playing the game if you're going to bitch quit the moment you get caught.

Ran into a duo who were working together as Jason and counselor tonight (watching it all as the first killed/spectating). The counselor would find another player, open locked/blocked doors for Jason to let him into houses and shut the door behind Jason or other counselors to put them in the same room and do enough damage so as to not betray but enough that they were dead meat. Ridiculous stuff. Then when they were the last counselor alive they got free hits on Jason and exited a window just to walk back into a trap the Jason had set. Ugh.

Luckily they left after that game. So annoying.

Was I in that room. xxRONN1Nxx that's my PSN. I think I friended a Superpac before logging off and going to bed. Also I remember 2 guys working together.

Gears

Ive noticed a lot better players hang out towards the end of the night, so thats when id get on if you want players that make it a bit more fun.

Im juicyjohncena on steam if anyone else feels like playing
yeah i know

I don't know if it's my connection (seems fine for other things) but it seems particularly shitty for me in the last 7-8 hours. I have disconnected from several matches, after it took a longgg time to find said matches in the first place... Someone from here invited me to play and I tried several times to accept the invite but it just wouldn't work.

In one match I was playing as Jason, and towards the end with maybe 5 minutes to go, shift suddenly stopped working - pressing square just did nothing. Other abilities still worked. But it meant that the last counsellor ended up surviving, because I had to basically wait around for morph ability to return then try my best to teleport near him without much success.

The weirdest glitch I've encountered in the game was a couple of days ago, I was Jason and I pulled someone out of the car, suddenly I got shot with a flare gun and it caused my Jason to just travel backwards infinitely at shift speed until eventually I ended up in the water and the whole game looked incredibly trippy and fucked up, then it ended and the "You killed _/_" screen appeared and I returned to the lobby with the other players, no disconnect message or anything - was so odd.

Still probably my fav game of the year so far, which is saying a lot in a year that RE7 and a bunch of other great games came out. It's so frustrating when these issues crop up though.

Just bought the game. A lot of fun so far, despite being confused. But I also just had a match where a guy was glitching for 10 minutes...or maybe they were working together, a counselor and a Jason.

ryan13ts

Is anyone else having a constant issue with the mic going out in matches for them (On Xbox one, of course)? It's getting to the point where almost every other game, the mic goes out and it makes communicating important things impossible.

And the servers do seem to be especially shitty tonight, can barely play a match without getting dropped. The extra CP is nice but at this point it's like giving a lollipop and band-aid to a disembowelment victim.

Is there a way to report players who are glitching? These people are ruining the experience.

Not an in-game way unfortunately. I hope they add it.

However, if you record a video and send their PSN ID / GT / Steam Profile link to their website's email address ( http://f13game.com/#section-get-connected ) along with a link to the video they will ban them if it's clearly someone glitching/cheating/whatever: http://f13game.com/#section-get-connected

I sent them an email two or three days ago, and they responded this morning that the person would be banned (they were very clearly using an idle bot to farm CP since you always get 500xp for simply finishing a match). I actually wasn't expecting a reply, so that was nice that they responded saying the user would be banned!

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Not an in-game way unfortunately. I hope they add it.

However, if you record a video and send their PSN ID / GT / Steam Profile link to their website's email address ( http://f13game.com/#section-get-connected ) along with a link to the video they will ban them if it's clearly someone glitching/cheating/whatever: http://f13game.com/#section-get-connected

I sent them an email two or three days ago, and they responded this morning that the person would be banned (they were very clearly using an idle bot to farm CP since you always get 500xp for simply finishing a match). I actually wasn't expecting a reply, so that was nice that they responded saying the user would be banned!
Wow thanks for this.

Linkin112

what is the current state of the game (in terms of performance, bugs, server issues etc)?
- Game still crashes and has connection issues on all consoles.
- As of the last patch, certain perks don't work correctly (Spawn with Item ones mostly)
- Any item you can carry on you has a chance of sinking into the geometry of the map when you die/drop it (First Aid, Pocket Knives, Firecrackers, Fuse, Car Keys)
- Jason's grab distance is sometimes insane

Those are my main issues, if they fixed all that, I'd be fine with the game.

TitusTroy

- Game still crashes and has connection issues on all consoles.
- As of the last patch, certain perks don't work correctly (Spawn with Item ones mostly)
- Any item you can carry on you has a chance of sinking into the geometry of the map when you die/drop it (First Aid, Pocket Knives, Firecrackers, Fuse, Car Keys)
- Jason's grab distance is sometimes insane

Those are my main issues, if they fixed all that, I'd be fine with the game.

I want to buy this (PC) but not in its current state...hopefully another month or so and the developers fix a lot of these issues

ryan13ts

what is the current state of the game (in terms of performance, bugs, server issues etc)?

Absolute broken garbage, the Xbox One version anyways. I've heard the other versions are better, since they actually get updates. The servers are more fucked than usual (If that's humanly possible) since it's double XP weekend.

Summary after the first night playing: I was the host for nearly 4 hours in a lobby and I wanted to leave for sleep, but wanted to stay because everyone in the lobby I was in was funny and relaxed. This game is stupidly fun with the right group. I was playing with randoms too. Sucked when I had to give a warning that the last match was indeed the final game lol. Gonna play all day tomorrow.

Summary after the first night playing: I was the host for nearly 4 hours in a lobby and I wanted to leave for sleep, but wanted to stay because everyone in the lobby I was in was funny and relaxed. This game is stupidly fun with the right group. I was playing with randoms too. Sucked when I had to give a warning that the last match was indeed the final game lol. Gonna play all day tomorrow.
What platform?

Pilgrimzero

I want to buy this (PC) but not in its current state...hopefully another month or so and the developers fix a lot of these issues

I've had very little issues with the PC version.

Yesterday I played 10 hours and had maybe 2 crashes and 1 connectivity issue.

Also have the start with item issue but so what, just swapped out for other perks until they fix it.

LUXURY

It's not insanely broken and unplayable right now. These issues are annoying yes, but they don't stop you from playing. The perks are nice, but in my opinion you don't need them to survive. I want them fixed, but having them or not having them doesn't take away from the game to me. The worst one is the random crashes. That happens at least once a night for me.

I've had very little issues with the PC version.

Yesterday I played 10 hours and had maybe 2 crashes and 1 connectivity issue.

Also have the start with item issue but so what, just swapped out for other perks until they fix it.

Lucky. I played for maybe 3 hours last night and crashed at least 3-4 times.

I don't mind so much having to switch out perks, but there's no guarantee the passives work either.

I play on PC as Anarckitty if anyone wants to add me. I've been lucky and found some great people to play with on public matches. Now we usually just party up for public until we have 8 for private matches.

JarrodL

I've resorted to restarting the game after every 2 rounds - otherwise the crashes/freezers usually happen after playing for a while (PC version here). It's frustrating to leave a good lobby though when you get one, so I sure hope they fix this soon.

The lobby system is pissing me off on PS4. It takes 2 minutes to find a session, then 90% of the time I get a couldn’t connect to session message. The other 10%, I’m hosting in an empty lobby that doesn’t fill after 10 minutes. The match making was so good earlier this week.

Pilgrimzero

The lobby system is pissing me off on PS4. It takes 2 minutes to find a session, then 90% of the time I get a couldn’t connect to session message. The other 10%, I’m hosting in an empty lobby that doesn’t fill after 10 minutes. The match making was so good earlier this week.

Sort of the same on PC. Used to connect in like 10 seconds. After the patch it takes more like a minute.

Kintaco

On PC here and the game will freeze on me maybe once or twice a day. Worst that happens is that I get pushed out to the main menu and just need to find a new lobby. There are some funky things that might happen in game but nothing game breaking in my eyes.

Steam ID: kintaro add me for some games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcGqdcBxzHk

Giant Bomb quick look.

I love the guys, but for such a simple game to play they really haven't grasped even the basics. Couldn't finish the video.

It was mentioned in the GB thread too, but Ben doesn't really seem to understand how the game works, and just points the other two in the wrong direction.

I feel like even though the game is "broken", their QL is kinda disingenuous.

We had a legit jason kill on progress and I was the one who f'd it up. My shame knows no end. I thought during the sweater diff someone else pops Jason since you can't move. I didn't know to swing right after the words finished. Fuuuuuu!

Devs really need to do something about Trap Stacking at objectives. Absolutely boring to play against. Obvious traps should be punished not rewarded.

I'd like to see fireworks maybe set off traps in a radius or of course just not allow trap stacking altogether.

I've resorted to restarting the game after every 2 rounds - otherwise the crashes/freezers usually happen after playing for a while (PC version here). It's frustrating to leave a good lobby though when you get one, so I sure hope they fix this soon.

Been playing for awhile and haven't gotten Jason. I forgot to restart every couple of games and of course I get my man Savini and crash during intro movie. :(

HiiiLife

Why would they start double xp on Xbox when the devs themselves have acknowledged it's in the worst state of all platforms????? Still crashing. Still lagging. Still dropping out of games. The devs should've known better. What the hell is in that water?

I know I said a month ago I couldn't see myself farming XP in my own private lobby, but I'll be damned if I didn't get the best of this weekend just because these dudes started it before they could even fix the stupid game.

Linkin112

Got to 31 thanks to the double xp, all I really cared for as I wanted the last Jason. Surprisingly only crashed three times today out of like 30 matches on XBO.

Got to 31 thanks to the double xp, all I really cared for as I wanted the last Jason. Surprisingly only crashed three times today out of like 30 matches on XBO.

Yea, it seems to have gone down quite a bit, but it still happens more than it should, which is never.

I was host last night and we played a game that lasted the entire twenty minutes, five people escaped, one survived and as it was about to go to the points screen, my game crashes to the dash. Really sucked since we all would have gotten some nice xp on that.

Still an amazing game though!

Vilam

Maxis Redwood

I picked it up this week on PS4, and I can't recommend buying it in its current state. If you do, I've learned the following...

After you play a match, if you stay in that game's lobby things are generally fine. If the lobby disbands after you've played a match, then don't even bother trying to matchmake again. Just close the entire game and relaunch it from the PS4 XMB. If you don't close it, matchmaking is horrifically broken, or your game is likely to just outright crash.

Also, the lack of host migration is ridiculous and unacceptable.

So this happened halfway into the game, just as someone was escaping:

0DF54D52D4B04C9E38AB5EDA3EA6CAA0808B069E

My cursor/reticle for morph disappeared and I couldn't see where I was morphing to

Dthomp

Has anybody here made a PS4 community page? If not I'd love to join up a group (probably not tonight unless it's really late) and get a chance to try this out since I just bought it a few days ago. My PSN is Dthomp just list GafF13 or something and send me a FR. Hope to see you all in game

Pro-tip: not only can you block flare gun shots as Jason, but you can block firecrackers as well. Have no idea why I didn't realize this sooner.

Yeah I wouldn't do it though because it breaks the game as Jason even more. Just like Combat Stancing the doors, there really is no need. It's just one more thing that makes the match even more lopsided. Counselors need things to be able to use against Jason and actually create distance. It's pretty easy to juke the shots and avoid the firecrackers anyways.

Yeah I wouldn't do it though because it breaks the game as Jason even more. Just like Combat Stancing the doors, there really is no need. It's just one more thing that makes the match even more lopsided. Counselors need things to be able to use against Jason and actually create distance. It's pretty easy to juke the shots and avoid the firecrackers anyways.

I do all of those things and I don't feel bad one bit, especially when I play with the GAF crew.

(Because everyone is better than me.)

Top Bottom