• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamescom 2017 GAF Meet-up

Turkoop

Banned
GAMESCOM 2017 GAF MEET-UP THREAD

*PLEASE DON'T POST GIFS IN THIS THREAD BECAUSE OF BANDWIDTH LIMITATIONS *

What: Gamescom 2017 GAF Meet-up
When: Tuesday August 22nd 2017
Where: Klimperkasten Papa Joe's Biersalon
Address: Alter Markt 50-52, 50667 Köln, Duitsland
Start Time: +- 20:30

We also have a WhatsApp group, If you want to join in, just let me know.

Q&A

Can anyone come?
OF COURSE! You can bring friends. You don't have to attend gamescom.
And you don't need to be an industry insider or so.
You don't have to drink, to be 18/21 shouldn't be a problem.
We just want to have a good time together!

How will I recognize the group you?
We will probably be the biggest group outside of that bar but just shout GAF if you really can't find us but we'll shout back.
And one of us (me :p) will wear a Kojima Productions shirt, there's no way you won't recognise us :)

bar4uni3p.jpg

bar2aixp0.jpg

bar3tgzct.gif

Google Maps Location

Official Website of the bar/restaurant

If you need any help or just have some urgent questions, just hit me up here or on Twitter: https://twitter.com/PlayStation4GER
I'll answer ASAP.

GC is something I've wanted to go to for years, just missed out this year due to a few family emergencies, but next year for certain.

Have fun everyone!

Naar

Is this the same place as last year?

Also what is the main form of communication for this meet up? This thread? Because last year me and my friend waited almost 45 minutes and no one showed up and find out later the guys decided via whatsapp or something to go have dinner and go to the bar an hour after the agreed time :p

Ended up eating a REALLY shitty steak at a restaurant nearby while waiting :p

Naar

So there's not really nice food to be found there? But I think I'll find something then join you... :D

If you are referencing me then don't worry as that area has like a million restaurants (and one of the best Lebanese restaurants I been to) it's just that the specific place we went to had shitty steak and I mention that because that specific place was supposed to have good steaks (place begins with M, forgot name)

Anyways if I wasn't clear before I'm in as well. Was fun last time :D

Turkoop

Banned
Is this the same place as last year?

Also what is the main form of communication for this meet up? This thread? Because last year me and my friend waited almost 45 minutes and no one showed up and find out later the guys decided via whatsapp or something to go have dinner and go to the bar an hour after the agreed time :p

Ended up eating a REALLY shitty steak at a restaurant nearby while waiting :p
I wasn't there last year, but be sure, you'll meet us there :)

GC is something I've wanted to go to for years, just missed out this year due to a few family emergencies, but next year for certain.

Have fun everyone!

Well I'm free that day, so count me in!

Oh, hope everything will turn good

Thanks for making the thread, been so busy with work I just did not have time.
Hopefully, see as many folks as possible.

And people can always pm me here with their phone nr if they are coming to join the whatsapp group for meet-ups and going out to dinner etc.

Any lurkers here can also come off course if your attending GC or are just a gamer in Cologne please come to the meet-up and have fun with great people.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
If you are referencing me then don't worry as that area has like a million restaurants (and one of the best Lebanese restaurants I been to) it's just that the specific place we went to had shitty steak and I mention that because that specific place was supposed to have good steaks (place begins with M, forgot name)

Anyways if I wasn't clear before I'm in as well. Was fun last time :D

Do you mean Maredo? Because that is a nice chain, but their cologne restaurant took a horrible nose dive ~2 years ago.

ValeYard

Edit: mistakes were made because I was half-awake posting...

Anyway, are some of you at Gamescom for a few days? Does anyone know of any parties on Wednesday or Thursday?

At least it seems like it won't be super hot this year.

IHaveIce

Banned
Edit: mistakes were made because I was half-awake posting...

Anyway, are some of you at Gamescom for a few days? Does anyone know of any parties on Wednesday or Thursday?

At least it seems like it won't be super hot this year.

would love to know this aswell.

would love to know this aswell.
No real community meat up but we are planning on going out to dinner on Wednesday and Thursday and we would love some company that would be great! :D
If your not in the whatsapp list pm me with your phone nr and I'll add you and talk about details there ;)

It's been maybe 5 years since I've been at Gamescom. I was able to go because I visited my folks in Belgium at the time and it was 2 hours away.

Would love to go back, but overseas flight and hotel costs are a big NOPE for me.

Hope you all have fun.

Spitz

Starting now my trip to Cologne can't make it tonight i will be at the Warner Brothers Party tonight. Got my Tickets from Microsoft as part of the Xbox Fanfest.

rSpooky

Trion is having a meet the devs mixer. Usually free food n drink. Check it out. I will miss gamescom this year.. Enjoy yourntime guys.
Edit: it is already "sold" out!

This year was the biggest yet and we had so much fun with so many fantastic people <3 all and see you and hopefully lots of more new people next year.

qZ3z1m6.png

uwpkbBp.png

uaTmPOk.png

tpKdMnt.png

LO2TZk9.png

ZJzMGci.png

QcHPbyb.png

qKyWrkE.png

CVaAVyH.png

u7SNFMt.png

IL7D2yk.png

NqAZOlA.png