• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 - WiiU (Director: Yusuke Hashimoto, Pub: Nintendo, Supervision:Kamiya)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't know Kamiya-san was getting death threats:

95nC9.jpg

Those meltdowns... Geez, people are pissed off cause they'll have to buy a console to buy a game they might like and yet have no problem throwing away 300$ every year for the latest iphone. Did nintendo kill their mom or something?

Can't we all just get along and discuss Bayonetta 2? Come on guys, Bayonetta 2! I bet the lot of you gave up on a sequel a long time ago, but it's happening so this is great! Right?

stupid Sega,
I'm not buying a new console for one game.

hasn't Sega learned during the Xbox, PS2, GC generation when their different teams developped games exlussively for different consoles? (JSRF & Panzer Dragoon Orta to 360, Sonic Team to Gamecube, Virtua Fighter 4 and Rez to PS2)

Sega fractured the fanbase during that gen.

stupid Sega.

StuBurns

Banned
Kinda like backseat modding, come to think of it.
Backseat modding of backseat modding, Inception modding it shall forth be known.
stupid Sega,

hasn't Sega learned during the Xbox, PS2, GC generation when their different teams developped games exlussively for different consoles? (JSRF & Panzer Dragoon Orta to 360, Sonic Team to Gamecube, Virtua Fighter 4 and Rez to PS2)

stupid Sega.
Sega can't afford to make video games.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

95nC9.jpg

Those meltdowns... Geez, people are pissed off cause they'll have to buy a console to buy a game they might like and yet have no problem throwing away 300$ every year for the latest iphone. Did nintendo kill their mom or something?

I don't think Nintendo has killed Microsoft (in the case of this little Twitter fella), no.

Seik

Banned
Can't we all just get along and discuss Bayonetta 2? Come on guys, Bayonetta 2! I bet the lot of you gave up on a sequel a long time ago, but it's happening so this is great! Right?

It sure is man, I'd say its one of the best megatons I had in a while.

Everything gets leaked on the internet nowadays, but this, gentlemen, was a pure satisfying megaton.

Can't wait to see her in action once again on my TV, I too lost hope for a sequel since it was said not so long ago. The unexpected happens and it feels great!!! :D

stupid Sega,

stupid Sega.

Don't jump the gun man, I'm pretty sure there'll be more than one desirable game on the platform, I mean, I already have like 3-4 launch titles I want badly, this can only get better.

Roo

95nC9.jpg

Sad and miserable people
feel sorry for them
not really... Bayonetta 2 WII U MOTHERFUCKING EXCLUSIVE!! >:D

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
stupid Sega,

hasn't Sega learned during the Xbox, PS2, GC generation when their different teams developped games exlussively for different consoles? (JSRF & Panzer Dragoon Orta to 360, Sonic Team to Gamecub, Virtua Fighter 4 and Rez to PS2)

stupid Sega.

Difference is, Sega putting different games on different consoles for no apparent reason was all due to Sega being Sega, while Sega putting Bayo 2 exclusively on the Wii U is due to Nintendo footing the bill for development and publishing it, since Sega can't afford to fund games they don't consider surefire hits.

Beckx

I think amid the salty meltdown there are those of us unbelievably excited about this, but what are you going to say after this?

So hopefully new screens or something at TGS will give us a new thread and fodder for discussion.
Where does the game go? Jubileus is no more, the witch clans are gone. What will the new hook be? I can't wait to find out.

It sure is man, I'd say its one of the best megatons I had in a while.

Everything gets leaked on the internet nowadays, but this, gentlemen, was a pure satisfying megaton.

Kamiya and the Nintendo ninjas are pros, man. Nothing leaks out. So satisfying. If there's a point in the universe where Ono teases Darkstalkers endlessly, and nothing ever comes of it, we are standing in the spot it's farthest from.

I saw this announcement on another site and immediately came to GAF because I had a feeling there would be meltdowns all over the internet.

Ultimately, I'm glad there's going to be a Bayonetta 2 no matter what system it's on. For the longest time people have been saying Nintendo needs more third-party support and needs to show some love to "hardcore" gamers. So they scoop up a third-party property that was beloved by the "hardcore" and likely never going to get published. I think it's a win-win, something Nintendo needed to do and it benefits people who enjoyed the franchise. I'm interested to see if they work the gamepad into the gameplay at all or just go to the pro controller instead.

Shaffield

Lol, I just realized how hilarious DmC is looking now that this is looming on the horizon.

PS All Stars will get Dino, while Smash 4 will have fucking Bayonetta. What a wonderful day to be a Nintendo fan :D

The moment Nintendo mooned me I knew it was Bayonetta. I am so freaking stoked!

Bayo.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

I'm going to admit my first thought was Star Fox, but then I was all "naaaaah, it'll be a Bayonetta 1 port due to their new relationship with Platinum and old relationship with SEGA".

What it turned out to be was obviously far, far better.

I'm 37 now and way less emotional about exclusivity deals like today and will accept it and say fuck it, I am not buying it

Sega is sitting on library of classic games ready for PSN and XBLA to make money off of if they want to reep revenue to makes new games today.

sigh whatever

Combichristoffersen

I'm 37 now and way less emotional about exclusivity deals like today and will accept it and say fuck it, I am not buying it

Sega is sitting on library of classic games ready for PSN and XBLA to make money off of if they want to reep revenue to makes new games today.

sigh whatever

They are already releasing some of their old games on PSN and XBLA, but frankly, how big do you think the market for old Sega games like Wonderboy, Golden Axe and Alex Kidd is these days?

They are already releasing some of their old games on PSN and XBLA, but frankly, how big do you think the market for old Sega games like Wonderboy, Golden Axe and Alex Kidd is these days?

they are doing the right thing with VF5 Final Showdow, Jet Set Radio and Nights onto PSN and XBLA

but lol yeah, Master System titles.. not so much

angry old Sega fanbboy yells at cloud
<========
image.php

Combichristoffersen

WOOOOOW!

Those people are sad little beings.

Fisher Price? Hmph, glad you won't have it then if you think like that.

There's some gold there

Bayonetta 2 wii poo only!!!! What a load of bullshit. I'm not replaying the original again in protest fuck #Nintendo fuck you very much

Yeah, I'm sure holding off a Bayonetta replay will hurt Nintendo, Sega and Platinum :lol

they are doing the right thing with VF5 Final Showdow, Jet Set Radio and Nights onto PSN and XBLA

but lol yeah, Master System titles.. not so much

angry old Sega fanbboy yells at cloud
<========

If they wanted to go really balls out, they should put their old Disney games up on PSN/XBLA. I'd buy Castle of Illusion (the 8-bit version, thank you) and Lucky Dime Caper, dammit.

rvy

Banned
Wouldn't surprise me. Maybe that's why the guns are a different color?

I actually have no idea what the relationship is to this day and have finished the game multiple times. Is she Bayonetta's daughter or Bayonetta in the past or something?

Emitan

I actually have no idea what the relationship is to this day and have finished the game multiple times. Is she Bayonetta's daughter or Bayonetta in the past or something?

She's Bayonetta in the past? Or reborn? Or a clone?

Who knows.

Roo

This is a somewhat weird reaction.

No Bayonetta 1. Gets Bayonetta 2.

Everybody's being somewhat shafted overall, unless they buy everything.

weird indeed byt hey!..

No Arkham Asylum. Gets Batman Arkham City AE
No Darksiders. Gets Darksiders II
No Assassin's Creed I & II. Get's Assassin's Creed III
No Mass Effect 1 and 2. Get's Mass Effect 3

:p

Drago

I still haven't played Bayo 1. What are the chances it gets a coinciding WiiU port? Maybe digitally...

I have a 360 though so if worse comes to worse I still have that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom