• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unreal Tournament 4 Pre-Alpha builds -> You can play and test it for free.

Does it have sliding movements now? (double-tapping an arrow key and then holding space or control when landing makes a sliding sound!) Haven't seen it in action yet, since idk how to go in 3rd person..

Techies

Does it have sliding movements now? (double-tapping an arrow key and then holding space or control when landing makes a sliding sound!) Haven't seen it in action yet, since idk how to go in 3rd person..

That's a roll, lowers your character for a second making you immune against headshots for a short period but more vulnerable to splash. Or at least that's the idea.

"behindview true"

Looks funny, but yeah pre pre Alpha.

finally got into a server, people who were struggling to get in might want to try now it seems its getting a little easier. first time ive played ut in over 9/10 years cant aim for shit

maneil99

Beta Tested in the future
9c46021d.jpg

Xyber

I hope the weapon models are placeholders since i didn't like how they looked in ut3 which they currently have for ut4.

Yes, basically everything is placeholder at the moment.

These are PRE-ALPHA Prototype Builds. Seriously. Super early testing. So early it's technically not even pre alpha, it's debug code!
Pre Test Alpha. All placeholder Content. Unfinished. Seriously.

MyvTeddy

Neo Member
So far, I really like the game, despite being a rather good pre-alpha build?

And how are you guys recording your games and putting them up as webm?

Xyber

So far, I really like the game, despite being a rather good pre-alpha build?

And how are you guys recording your games and putting them up as webm?

I'm using shadowplay and whenever something cool happens I press a button and it saves.
Then I use a little bat file someone here at gaf mad to quickly make a webm of it.

Techies

haha, seems like the guys are pretty pissed that this "leaked" to be a public test :D
Think it has to do with the fact that he prepared for a few hundred downloads in a week, not over 9000+ in a day and filling all servers to the brink and using up a few Terrabytes worth of bandwidth and having major news sites report on it.

The good news is, people want UT4, badly!

You gonna have to go through a wee bit more effort to get test the new pre-alpha test builds in the future though. The servers are just not ready for this many people.

Techies

Servers down, this old build mostly taken down because it's outdated.

There will be of course another one up in the future, and there's already been massive game-play changes and improvements.

http://www.twitch.tv/chumbo_

Game is now much faster, especially the projectiles. That guy will run regular streams of UT4

Dammit. Devostated I missed this, been away for work all week. Been waiting for a new UT for far too long. Even pre alpha would cure the itch! UT2k3/2k4/3 online are all dead in Australia.

Dammit. Devostated I missed this, been away for work all week. Been waiting for a new UT for far too long. Even pre alpha would cure the itch! UT2k3/2k4/3 online are all dead in Australia.

you can still get on IRC: #BeyondUnreal on GlobalGamers Network for instructions on downloads and be a tester for the game.

Xyber

you can still get on IRC: #BeyondUnreal on GlobalGamers Network for instructions on downloads and be a tester for the game.

Only people who pay for UE4 can get access now. He will make another version available for everyone, but not sure when.

Techies

The concepts and things people are drawing and creating for UT4 is simply amazing.

XSe9zuh.png

WsLsMQ3.png

PS. You can also LAN the builds.

Pfhunkie

Just take a moment to imagine Deck with the crowd in the background. Every time someone gets a combo kill, the crowd cheers and when they keep the combo kill up, the crowd goes crazier. By the time they reach monster kill, you hear the stomping of feet vibrating the shielding around the enclosed arena.

Darg

Neo Member
It's not quite related to the new ut but since there is not a ut genereal thread and it's tied to the unreal universe might aswell (or anyone who even cares about this sort of stuff).

http://www.pinterest.com/xankriegr/liandri-museum/ some nice concept art/artwork from the past titles on the website, unreal championship 2 had some stylish ones like this one

1fdd7b2d14e4dfc63e4562d4df30bc3d.jpg

Seems cool enough to be even used as an avatar of some sort, for anyone who might like it.

Top Bottom