• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Otheradam

Even Reddit is not excited for Onion Knight anymore, thanks to A2 being stronger than him I guess, I think I made a good decision in skipping it.

Yup. I was lucky and pulled A2 after using all of my resources. I also have Orlandeau so I have no need for another chainer. Have to save hardcore now. Also congrats to all the pulls on the previous page!

NeoCross

All these off banner golds are fucking killing me. It's like a rate down with the Nier banner. On the veritas banner I got both golds within 15 tickets.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I know RNG is RNG, but it's getting silly how many non-9S/A2 moogles I'm getting. I'm talking 100k+ points without getting a single one. Tons of everything else, e.g., things I don't have or need.

Maze came at a great time though!

Myze

What damage is everyone able to chain with A2 anyway?

After around 10 multis and 20+ tickets, I never got one. However, I am able to chain 2Bx2 (Speedx2), Aileen (Piledriver) and Ace (TriBeam+2) perfectly every time (no magnification gesture needed) for about 57 combo and 8-10 million damage (depending on Ace TriBeam roll, of course). I realize having 2Bx2 and Aileen kind of skews the numbers with the machine damage, though. I don't even have a finisher. I have FV, but don't have Fixed Dice yet.

I only bring this up, because I rarely see people post numbers, and was curious. I haven't had a reliable 5* chainer until this banner where I pulled Aileen and 2B. I have Tidus, but other than with himself, he's hardly reliable.

Note: On a side note, I feel bad for everyone having such a hard time getting a 9S. I got 10 of them. Granted, I've made a lot of pulls, but I would trade 8 of them for 1 Tillith.

Pejo

I know RNG is RNG, but it's getting silly how many non-9S/A2 moogles I'm getting. I'm talking 100k+ points without getting a single one. Tons of everything else, e.g., things I don't have or need.

I'm starting to wonder if they didn't alter the moogle drop rates. I've noticed a huge drop-off of moogles compared to Adams and turtles/cactuars over the past few days. It's really disheartening. I was hoping to get a 2nd 9S TM done as well as my 2nd Beastlord.

How good are Emperor Enhancements?

At this stage of the game he's likely getting a buff right? Deciding to just level him up. Might come in handy one day.

commish

I'm starting to wonder if they didn't alter the moogle drop rates. I've noticed a huge drop-off of moogles compared to Adams and turtles/cactuars over the past few days. It's really disheartening. I was hoping to get a 2nd 9S TM done as well as my 2nd Beastlord.

Again... RNG is RNG... but I honestly wondered the same because I have pulled dozens of Adams. Dozens. I've maxed out his TMR a few times over and still have a bunch sitting there.

I need some help setting up an Aigaion team.

I have (Max levels): A2 (my only chainer), Rikku (no pouch but fully LB leveled), Tilith, Soleil (panzer, cannon and swertz dances are enhanced), Vanille (my only re-raise unit), Wilhelm (full level lb is at 20+, but not fully leveled), Ace (fully enhanced), and WoL (also fully enhanced).

I know A2 is going to be my main DPS, but other than her I am at a loss for who I need to slot in and what job they will do. I tried some reddit strats but I couldn't maintain.

Key TMs (genii glove, 1 dual wield, ace's TM, Amelia's apron, doublehand, and a handful of XIV freebies (none from this raid because The moogles hate me...)
The only trials I have not beaten are Echidna, Aigaion (obviously) and Marlboro.

Raid coins down to 1988 for Elt........disgusting, Give me my 2200+ back! 2nd 9S tm is only at 50%. Been running Elt none stop since the raid launched. Rates are bad man, real bad.

Whizkid7

Raid coins down to 1988 for Elt........disgusting, Give me my 2200+ back! 2nd 9S tm is only at 50%. Been running Elt none stop since the raid launched. Rates are bad man, real bad.

Seriously, I've got 2B and A2 both sitting at like 90% but their Moogles just won't come anymore. But have some Mechanical Heart moogles, says the game! Ugh.

Alkez

I haven't done any raid pulls yet but from the sounds of it they've adjusted it to be more in line with JP's moogle rate, at least from my experience over there.

commish

2nd? My first 9S is still at 75%. My second 9S is at 0%. Ugh.

Edit: 14000 coin pulls....

0 moogles for 9S.
0 moogles for A2
7 Adams
2 mechanical hearts

Come on game. Plz.

Syntsui

Magnifying trick does not work on JP anymore. RIP OK, RIP Tidus, RIP Fryevia when they fix here whatever the hell they fixed there.

2nd? My first 9S is still at 75%. My second 9S is at 0%. Ugh.

Edit: 14000 coin pulls....

0 moogles for 9S.
0 moogles for A2
7 Adams
2 mechanical hearts

Come on game. Plz.

Whaling for 2B gave me many 9S so many were sacrificed to the merge god lol.

Magnifying trick does not work on JP anymore. RIP OK, RIP Tidus, RIP Fryevia when they fix here whatever the hell they fixed there.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExv...fying_trick_not_working_on_jp_after_the_nyan/

I am wondering if this is intended or some fuck up on their part?

Syntsui

Whaling for 2B gave me many 9S so many were sacrificed to the merge god lol.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExv...fying_trick_not_working_on_jp_after_the_nyan/

I am wondering if this is intended or some fuck up on their part?
I'm pretty surprised this is something fixable to begin with lol. If they are so worried about us chaining, they could simply tweak the frames to make everything easy or impossible, right now it's a fucking mess accross the hundreds of characters.

Shouta

Did a 10 pull in JP and got everything including 2 Reberta, lol.

Did a pull on the Beatrix banner and got Gladious, lol.

Syntsui

I think I pulled more rainbows, in general, on JP than on banner golds. It's probably more luck than the fact that the rates changed, but it's insane anyway. Right now I'm only missing Ling and as soon as I get her I'll stop doing dailies/tickets. The banner is insanely atrocious even for Global standards, how they thought it was a good idea to balance them the way they did for JP power creep is beyond any line of rational thought.

This chaining change on the JP version has me worried. Will double Tidus truly not be viable in our future? Or is this all just a little mishap and everything will go back to normal?

Also, I'm glad I refreshed and farmed this event when we were getting 3000 raid coins a pop.

As it's closing down this week I'm pretty much at the end. Still want more moogles, but I'm hoping to polish off just a couple more.

I'm at,
1 Beastlord
2 Virtuous Contract with 80% towards a third
10 Vengeful Wrath and 20% towards the next
8 Mechanical Heart , 15% for next
3 Resentment , 30% for next
3 Pod 153 , 40% for next

Rixa

Iam sharing my DV as ELT Cigarettebrand build if someone wants to tackle it.
I was thinking first to go with BM but hp would be kinda low. Thus I swapped BM to EM, atk took hit but got much needed HP, last pic stats with EM instead BM.

Screenshot_20170821-202246.png
Screenshot_20170821-202258.png

Screenshot_20170821-202253.png
Screenshot_20170821-202555.png

Feel free to comment and especially use it if one is going to tackle ELT Cigarette. Sadly my DV is not max potted and LB is only 20/25. LB will get levels soon cause I have 104 Relics this week and need 105 for KBPot and then I have ~10 mini pots.

Do people prefer Fire GS or should I go with StQ for neutral damage?

robotuw

For once, I'm not buying the 350 lapis ticket + T4 bundle. I've got 24 power T4's saved up now and after 5 months of awakenings nothing has jumped out at me. Gumi is obviously stalling on the awakenings people actually want (Ramza, Agrias) so I'll wait too.

Alkez

Just got home and tested the JP thing on Nox. It's definitely an issue with how the game is registering inputs. I don't think anyone should be worried though as I can't see this being an intentional design choice. For starters, it completely goes against the game mechanics that they designed, so it would be counter-intuitive to make the game intentionally eat the players inputs. Furthermore I can't imagine a developer would deliberately make their game less responsiveness for "balance reasons". That would just be lazy game development and I'm not ready to accuse Alim of that. I expect this to be fixed within the next couple of weeks depending on how long it takes them to work out what the hell they've done lol.

Shouta

GL ports to JP aren't great by JP standards but they're far better than just getting full ports of Reberta, Ling and Xon from FFBE with a few mod tweaks.

Reberta gets far higher damage potential with her JP iteration. Kain was just released and there's Duke already, so there's no shortage of Dragoon chainers. A Dragoon finisher and one that can AOE is new. She also got a Magic Charge (stock, so stacks with regular buff) buff with Deep Breath so she can get a whopping +300% MAG when she finishes a chain. That provides a lot of power. I saw a comment on altema from someone that went TDH with her, finishing a chain for 50 million damage. I don't know what conditions that was under though. Her real negative is the high equipment requirements to get her really going and your attack pace is 1 every 2 turns. The latter is an issue not because of damage but because of timing issues against a boss. If you have to defend against a boss on a turn you'd attack with her she loses out on her attack until the next cycle, etc.

Ling can now be used as a poor man's Ramza/Roy/Lunera if necessary. Her dance loop isn't great because it drops buffs attack or defense between the 100% turns after you get started but it's something and you get the stat debuff removal on them. She also has a stat debuff resist which is great. Her GL version isn't useful for JP aside from maybe her evasion but you can do that with other more suitable units.

Xon gaining AOE Entrust and stealing debuffs for your party member is great. He still has his AOE steal too which is handy. The lack of an item drop passive and not being able to steal enemy buff is disappointing, and his attack potential getting nerfed is disappointing. However, you're unlikely to be using Xon as an attacker in JP so giving him a new niche is nice.

So yeah, I think Ling and Reberta made out fine in JP with Xon being a little worse but still OK. Aiden is a 5-star so eh whatever, lol

Syntsui

It's a pretty funny situation we are in, Global recently introduced a delay on the inputs that allows instant commands, intentional or not. Now JP introduced this inability to instant command the actions, even with macro, intentional or not.

Are they testing the communities before deciding how to handle chaining or is this just a fuck up coincidence?

Alkez

It's a pretty funny situation we are in, Global recently introduced a delay on the inputs that allows instant commands, intentional or not. Now JP introduced this inability to instant command the actions, even with macro, intentional or not.

Are they testing the communities before deciding how to handle chaining or is this just a fuck up coincidence?

Hmm you may have a point there. Maybe it is intentional, but that would make me sad as both games feel clunky af atm. One thing I liked about BE was how responsive it is in comparison to other mobile games. It would be a shame for them to intentionally remove that because of a game mechanic they made. It's lazy development. I hope it's not the case but when you put it like that it feels more likely than not :/

Ok think I figured out how I'm going to approach this trial:

2B- 5.6k hp 939 atk, Chiri/Agion Arm, Ribbon, Pod 153.
Tilith - 6.4k hp, 396 mp, 423 spr, Ribbon, Lakshimi and not Carb as that lowers dark resist.
Rikku - 6k hp 302 mp, prod goggles, ignorance, auto limit, Override, discernment.
Ling - 6.1k hp, 375 mp, Bushido Freedom, Ifrits claw to prevent blind so I can land bushido and entrust bot/mp bot, possibly use Rikku pouch but it will lower her HP and give her more to do which I don't like as I need her using Entrust and her LB for the fire debuff. She's basically filling Ace's spot.
Tank - Wilhelm, EV, or WOL. Wil is obv the best choice to due his Impregnable ability but his sprite disgusts me. If I use EV or Wil I have to give him Rikku Pouch as they will be on break duty. If using WOL no break problems at all but only 1 turn taunt which sucks ass (GUMI, enhancements plz).
Friend 2b matching my setup. Going to try this tonight at 7/7:30 est. Anyone willing to setup their 2b with chiri/agion, Pod 153, and Ribbon would be greatly appreciated.

Kakaroach

Same thing over here. Over 1.1 million points in the event now and only 3 moogles for 2B. Getting to the point where I don't care. Having a new account with only the ability to clear ADV consistently isn't helping.

Oh well. At least I can awaken all my 4 star units now with this maze.

Want to set it up but trying to find the best tutorial. Do you know which you used?

I really should have booked marked it but I got it from reddit a few months back. There's one that can bypass any connection errors and friend request and there's another that does both and can refill lapis as well.

Want to set it up but trying to find the best tutorial. Do you know which you used?

I really should have booked marked it but I got it from reddit a few months back. There's one that can bypass any connection errors and friend request and there's another that does both and can refill lapis as well.

I believe this is the one you are referring to, Zera.

This is the one I use and it works like a dream. The true downside to the switch control method is that you need to babysit it, so it's not automatic like Nox/Memu. You have to tap on the screen for two minutes or so (which usually uses 50-60 NRG) and then check back in an hour or so. If it's done, you gotta' tap again. Rinse, repeat.

Still a HUGE improvement over manually TM farming, but it's definitely not a method you can leave overnight and gets yo' TMRs in the morning.

This is the one I use and it works like a dream. The true downside to the switch control method is that you need to babysit it, so it's not automatic like Nox/Memu. You have to tap on the screen for two minutes or so (which usually uses 50-60 NRG) and then check back in an hour or so. If it's done, you gotta' tap again. Rinse, repeat.

Still a HUGE improvement over manually TM farming, but it's definitely not a method you can leave overnight and gets yo' TMRs in the morning.

Yep that was it, thanks dude. Bookmarked!

commish

Excellent, thanks!

LucaMac

[JP] Mercenary Ramza on my Japan daily...is he any decent Japan side. Doubt I'll be using him ever, but is there even an occasional situation he might he useful?

bonkeng

Ok think I figured out how I'm going to approach this trial:

2B- 5.6k hp 939 atk, Chiri/Agion Arm, Ribbon, Pod 153.
Tilith - 6.4k hp, 396 mp, 423 spr, Ribbon, Lakshimi and not Carb as that lowers dark resist.
Rikku - 6k hp 302 mp, prod goggles, ignorance, auto limit, Override, discernment.
Ling - 6.1k hp, 375 mp, Bushido Freedom, Ifrits claw to prevent blind so I can land bushido and entrust bot/mp bot, possibly use Rikku pouch but it will lower her HP and give her more to do which I don't like as I need her using Entrust and her LB for the fire debuff. She's basically filling Ace's spot.
Tank - Wilhelm, EV, or WOL. Wil is obv the best choice to due his Impregnable ability but his sprite disgusts me. If I use EV or Wil I have to give him Rikku Pouch as they will be on break duty. If using WOL no break problems at all but only 1 turn taunt which sucks ass (GUMI, enhancements plz).
Friend 2b matching my setup. Going to try this tonight at 7/7:30 est. Anyone willing to setup their 2b with chiri/agion, Pod 153, and Ribbon would be greatly appreciated.

I can set mine up, but i have Dandelga instead of Chiji, would that be ok or you need Chiji for some other reason?

I need some help setting up an Aigaion team.

I have (Max levels): A2 (my only chainer), Rikku (no pouch but fully LB leveled), Tilith, Soleil (panzer, cannon and swertz dances are enhanced), Vanille (my only re-raise unit), Wilhelm (full level lb is at 20+, but not fully leveled), Ace (fully enhanced), and WoL (also fully enhanced).

I know A2 is going to be my main DPS, but other than her I am at a loss for who I need to slot in and what job they will do. I tried some reddit strats but I couldn't maintain.

Key TMs (genii glove, 1 dual wield, ace's TM, Amelia's apron, doublehand, and a handful of XIV freebies (none from this raid because The moogles hate me...)
The only trials I have not beaten are Echidna, Aigaion (obviously) and Marlboro.

Tried aigaion with Tilith, Soleil, Rikku, Wilhelm and 2 A2. Got the right arm down to 1%, and main body to 55% but I just couldn't keep up, world destroyer keeps coming and Rikku's LB just can't hold the line. Vanille keeps dying if I slot her in for soliel (and then the damage takes a major hit)

robotuw

Is it better to use Mog's Wisdom or a 4th Ignorance if you're stacking materia to get an LB asap? I'm planning an LB focus for the next batch of TMs and need to know if 3 Jacks are enough or not.

I can set mine up, but i have Dandelga instead of Chiji, would that be ok or you need Chiji for some other reason?

That's fine bro. Chiri is more accessible is all.

Is it better to use Mog's Wisdom or a 4th Ignorance if you're stacking materia to get an LB asap? I'm planning an LB focus for the next batch of TMs and need to know if 3 Jacks are enough or not.

Guaranteed crystals at the start of the turn are better I've read. The max % cap for increased LB gain is 300%. 100% from Override/Aig Arm and 200% from Eccentric.

Top Bottom