• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT19| Three-Fifths of a Thread

Strimei

LA Noire Finale: It really is kind of amazing that Cole doesn't remember Ira, especially since in an earlier case (the one with the hobo town), Cole brings up the injuries that flamethrower-users had. In other words, he must have seen Ira get burned at least once, brings up that, and still doesn't remember him, even after that whole shitshow.

Man.

Yeah, LA Noire's ending's super weird. I kinda feel bad for Cole - he does kinda fuck up with that hospital, but Kelso would've gotten all those people anyway, they just wouldn't know they killed a ton of civilians. Him not trying to escape was a bit weird, because I think it's supposed to be seen as him taking responsibility for indirectly causing the problem/not getting anyone killed to save his ass, but there was so much time and so many people who could've pulled him out that it looks like the writer wanted him to die and didn't give a shit about doing it in a way that made sense.

ShadyK54

Was able to catch up with all of L.A. Noire right was the last part came out. What a fun LP.

I missed the last half of today's podcast, did they mention anything on what the next LP (LP's since TWD will wrap up soon) will be?

I am getting sick of having to subscribe every individual month with my free twitch subscription. Also am I the only one that finds navigating Twitch to be dreadfully awful?

EDIT: Does Canada not have a HIPAA equivalent? Sounds like Matt's doctor just went and revealed medical information about his father to him.

I am getting sick of having to subscribe every individual month with my free twitch subscription. Also am I the only one that finds navigating Twitch to be dreadfully awful?

EDIT: Does Canada not have a HIPAA equivalent? Sounds like Matt's doctor just went and revealed medical information about his father to him.

Uh oh D:

Woolie Madden said:
xether.jpg.pagespeed.ic.sochcJmJcm.jpg

Also, if Mark Ecko wanted to sell a game about graffiti and street culture, he should have just bankrolled a 3rd Jet Set Radio instead of this trash.

Holy shit the ending of the last Walking Dead ep.

PLEASE don't spoil it for me (SBFP is my only exposure to the stories in the Telltale games), but I'm actively excited for the next episode at this point.

Yeah...I don't know if I can manage a full playthrough of Marc Ecko. Those mid '00s games are janky but not janky enough to enjoy past a quick look.

I'm glad Matt and Woolie are finally watching American Gods, though I'll never understand the complaints that it doesn't explain things quickly. Either way I hope they stick with and enjoy it.

I could maybe tolerate Getting Up if it was just an LP of non-stop trashing early aughts disaffected youth and how hilarious their shitty self-important style of "rebellion" was, but the fact Matt and Woolie are actually kind of into it just kills it for me.

I guess Canada's still sort of stuck in that Twilight World where there's no legitimate problems worth rebelling against, so being a witless little shit is still "cool".

Village

I'm glad Matt and Woolie are finally watching American Gods, though I'll never understand the complaints that it doesn't explain things quickly. Either way I hope they stick with and enjoy it.

I think its they just need a hook.

Like take Stranger things , the hook in stranger things is introduced in like scene one, and the continues through out like that episode. And that shit doesn't actually explain anything for quite some time, and they seemed to enjoy that.

What they need is a hook, and that hook is different from person to person and varies from series to series.

"It's a different bridge! It's a different bridge! Is this procedurally generated?!"

It's not different at all, is it, Pat? Ah-hah-hah-hah!

Xux

It's frustrating making the mistake of getting distracted by the banality of the video game and missing the banal conversation going on about meat cutters and getting old.

Minecraft Story Mode is for young kids, there's no doubt about it.

I know SBFP want to go over all the Telltale shit, but I think those games are way too far outside what they should be playing.

I am hoping they do the new Batman once its finished. I never try to expect too much from these telltale games. ever since the disappointment from walking dead season 2 and the GOT games.

This mindset has really helped me enjoy them, since I am not always expecting the same experiences as Walking dead Season 1 or wolf among us, and it worked super well with the borderlands game, and made the batman game enjoyable as well.

I am hoping they do the new Batman once its finished. I never try to expect too much from these telltale games. ever since the disappointment from walking dead season 2 and the GOT games.

This mindset has really helped me enjoy them, since I am not always expecting the same experiences as Walking dead Season 1 or wolf among us, and it worked super well with the borderlands game, and made the batman game enjoyable as well.

Them doing TWD got me through all three seasons and they're one of my favorite playthroughs.

I never even bothered with Minecraft but I've seen the rest of their Telltale stuff.

Exodust

Banned
I would love to see them do a Sonic Mania playthrough. Enough weirdo references for Matt to lose it, the right physics for Pat to get into it, and Woolie seems to enjoy Sonic games.

I appreciate Minecraft LP because apparently we can't get a real podcast to save our fucking lives at this point, so we may as well get multiple fake ones.

zeemumu

My Clementine
said that she'd go help whoever I decided not to help, which ended with only David dead. Everyone else was fine.

I think it's in order for Kate to live, Javi has to go back to Richmond with her, and for Gabe to live, either Clem or Javi has to go after them, and for Gabe and David to live, both Javi and Clem have to go.

If I remember correctly, there are 4 different things she can decide to do and what she does depends on your choices in the flashbacks.

Top Bottom