• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Enhanced Games - Full List of Titles and Details

24049918347_9a33e008fc_o.png

BatSu

Where is The Division patch?
Where is Crysis patch?
Where is The Witcher III patch?

come on MS ....c'mon !!

Golmon97

Neo Member
Elite Dangerous showing up as Xbox X Enhanced. I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere.
Yeah i tried it a few weeks ago; you have the xhoice between outputting at 4k or 1080p and prioritising visual or performance. I would love to see some indeep analysis of this patch to know what is the best solution.

JP

Has anybody heard any more news about enhanced 360 games? It seems to have gone a little quiet but games like Mirror's Edge have been by far the most impressive improvements that I've seen on the X and I say that with there being some pretty good Xbox One games with enhancements.

Has anybody heard any more news about enhanced 360 games? It seems to have gone a little quiet but games like Mirror's Edge have been by far the most impressive improvements that I've seen on the X and I say that with there being some pretty good Xbox One games with enhancements.

I've heard the team is on holiday.

solis74

I wish I had never started Skyrim on the X, my life is gone again! lol

the mods and the x enhancements just make it stunning to play in, my free time in December is now over.

I wish I had never started Skyrim on the X, my life is gone again! lol

the mods and the x enhancements just make it stunning to play in, my free time in December is now over.

I know that feeling mate! I just started playing Skyrim this month on my Xbone as well. The full mod support adds so much to the game. It'd look stunning on your X.

I know that feeling mate! I just started playing Skyrim this month on my Xbone as well. The full mod support adds so much to the game. It'd look stunning on your X.

I'm holding off to play it on the X1X until after I play vanilla Skyrim through on 360 first. Weird, I know, but I'll likely never in a million years play vanilla *after* playing the enhanced version. And I want those achievements. Lol I think I'll just do a "speed run" of sorts on vanilla 360...avoid side-quests and just power thru to the end. Easier said than done given my OCD completionist tendencies. Lol

I'm holding off to play it on the X1X until after I play vanilla Skyrim through on 360 first. Weird, I know, but I'll likely never in a million years play vanilla *after* playing the enhanced version. And I want those achievements. Lol I think I'll just do a "speed run" of sorts on vanilla 360...avoid side-quests and just power thru to the end. Easier said than done given my OCD completionist tendencies. Lol

Now that's commitment. Much respect. I'd imagine that the jump from playing vanilla Skyrim on the Xbox 360 to the Enhanced Edition on the X will blow your mind. I am tempted to halt my play through of Skyrim until I pick up my X as well but I'm having too much fun and it genuinely still looks great on the original Xbox One (considering the fact that it's based on a game that came out in 2012). There's a mod called "taller trees" that does exactly what the title states but it makes the forests around Riften look stunning. It's making my second run through Skyrim even more immersive and enjoyable than my first. The mod with the Morrowind and Oblivion soundtracks is also helping with that.

yeah its just such an addictive game, and the graphic and gameplay mods have made it even more special.

Agreed! I traditionally always played ES games as an archer/thief but I'm playing as an Orc battle mage at the moment and having so much fun. It's a completely difference experience to my first run through Skyrim back in the day.

3rdman

I don't know if this is known to anyone here already but it was a surprise to me...

Yesterday at Best Buy, I picked up Halo 5 and Gears 4 for $20.00 each...not bad for physical copies, I thought. In any case, I managed to pick up the GOW4 version with all the previous Gears titles in them (digital versions). So for $40.00, I picked up 6 titles. :p

Yes, Youtube has been updated with 4K support. Unfortunately it still does not support HDR. And more confusingly, Youtube has two apps on Xbox One. One of them does not support 4K (the one I had installed previously). When searching on the Xbox One I came across a second official Youtube app (located here): https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/sto...2459594)(nOD_rLJHOac-ZXtj2tlgfhy0Z4Gwy4iYJQ)()

The Youtube app that supports 4K has a white background on it's tile, whereas the one that does not support 4K has a red background.

Youtube has been updated with 4K support. Unfortunately it still does not support HDR.

Thanks, Google. I'm still not sure why they do this unless it's to sell Chromecast Ultras or promote Android. They don't support HDR videos properly on the high-end HDR Rokus or PS4 Pro, either. I can understand them shafting the Xbox to a degree since they seem to like sticking it to MS (there has never been an official YT app for Windows 8-10 AFAIK), and maybe they hate Amazon for forking Android so no official app on Fire TV tablets/boxes/sticks, but that doesn't explain the lack of HDR support on the platforms they DO support. It's not like they don't know how to do it, since the Chromecast Ultra does it just fine. The whole thing bugs me, if you couldn't tell already.

If someone has a plausible explanation, I'd like to hear it.

EDIT - Apparently the rift between Amazon and Google/Youtube has deepened recently. This makes it sound like there was YT support at one time but I know when I was using FireTV a year or so ago the only YT app was a fan-made hack.

Unity2012

Yes, Youtube has been updated with 4K support. Unfortunately it still does not support HDR. And more confusingly, Youtube has two apps on Xbox One. One of them does not support 4K (the one I had installed previously). When searching on the Xbox One I came across a second official Youtube app (located here): https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/sto...2459594)(nOD_rLJHOac-ZXtj2tlgfhy0Z4Gwy4iYJQ)()

The Youtube app that supports 4K has a white background on it's tile, whereas the one that does not support 4K has a red background.

Thank you for sorting this out for us. I uninstalled the one with the red background, installed the white one, and what a difference. Performance of the app itself is better.

Alebrije

So , at this moment Shadows of war is the game that shows the major improvements on XboxX vs Pro?

AC origins looks great on Xbox X btw....

T Ghost

The Division didn't receive the Xbox One X patch yet, but the dynamic resolution pushes it well above the 900p on the original Xbox One. Looking forward to the patch!

MBpjpN3.jpg

zJumGaG.jpg

szxkIHH.jpg

Gibran7

Does anyone know if gta5 looks any better on the one x ? I know it loads faster but is the visual quality on par with the ps4 version or better ?

Unity2012

Does anyone know if gta5 looks any better on the one x ? I know it loads faster but is the visual quality on par with the ps4 version or better ?

I can tell you it does look much better; now I cannot compare it to the PS4 because I only have the Xbox One version.

Meh3D

I could of sworn Halo Reach was one of the first games I tested on the Xbox One X when I first took the console home and it looked sharp. Today, I decided to start playing Halo Reach again (never played it) and was surprised at how muddy the game looks. What's even worse, there were graphical glitches during the cut scenes.

Maybe I'm imagined play testing the game. Halo Reach right now looks like ass and has graphical glitches (during the opening cutscene at the start of the game.)

Anyone else have the same experience?

I decided to start playing Halo 5 again and continue the campaign.

Top Bottom