• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016+ Gaming Laptop Thread: Embracing Pascal's Wafer (Please Read OP)

Tablo

Need a laptop for school. I'd really appreciate some help. C:

Country USA
Maximum budget - ~$700-800
Max size - Don't care, so long it's small enough to be easily carried to and from school every day.
Planned usage - Schoolwork, possibly video editing, and games-wise just as good as I can get for the price.

I found this at CostCo for $499.

http://m.costco.com/HP-Pavilion-17-e067cl-Laptop-|-AMD-A8-.product.100094669.html

Worth it?
http://www.microsoftstore.com/store...ouchscreen-2-in-1-Core-i5/productID.288325100

Fantastic deal imo, jump on it.

Setreal

This actually wouldn't be for a gaming laptop, but since this is the only laptop thread I'm going to give it a shot anyway!

Country where it will be purchased:
USA
Maximum budget: ~$1000-1300
Max size: 13-15". Lightweight.
Planned usage: I'm looking for a lightweight sleek laptop for personal business use (no gaming). A fast processor / SSD would be nice though, as I will be using photoshop on the machine. 1680x1050 would be nice but not required.

Tablo

This actually wouldn't be for a gaming laptop, but since this is the only laptop thread I'm going to give it a shot anyway!

Country where it will be purchased:
USA
Maximum budget: ~$1000-1300
Max size: 13-15". Lightweight.
Planned usage: I'm looking for a lightweight sleek laptop for personal business use (no gaming). A fast processor / SSD would be nice though, as I will be using photoshop on the machine. 1680x1050 would be nice but not required.

No doubt Thinkpad T440S
http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/t-series/t440s/

Make sure to get a model with the FHD Touchscreen and at least a 128gb SSD :)

Om3ga

Friend is looking to purchase his, "First" computer

Country Canada
Maximum budget - $500-$600 (preferably $300-$500)
Max size - 15
Planned usage - Video editing, Photoshop, surfing the web, gaming isn't important, as he's strictly a console guy but harddrive space is.

Something like the lenovo 410p or 510p without the dedicated graphics and better battery life is what would be ideal here, but I haven't seen any deals yet. He needs it, "by this weekend" so it'll need to be something I can pick up at best buy, futureshop, walmart, target etc.

I heard there's going to be deals at the end of the month on laptops, so maybe I'll be able to convince him to wait a bit longer. Thanks for any help that I can get on this.

Oh btw needs a CD/DVD drive. Though I'll if not possible I'll tell him to get an external.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Question, has any news dropped regarding more high end AMD GPUs trickling down into more notebooks without the lame leg that is the current mobile CPUs from AMD? All the recent stuff about Mantle (and potentially FreeSync now) have made me want to wait/browse yet again but I'm in a good position to pick up one of those MSIs with the nVidia GTX780 and the 3K screen within the next month or two.
Two AMD GPUs have popped up at CES: the R9-M270X (in Lenovo Y50) and R9-M290X (MSI GX Destroyer I think).

I don't have any technical details on what they actually are. Would be sick if they're rebranding the 7000M series again (7970M = 8970M anyone?).

Friend is looking to purchase his, "First" computer

Country Canada
Maximum budget - $500-$600 (preferably $300-$500)
Max size - 15
Planned usage - Video editing, Photoshop, surfing the web, gaming isn't important, as he's strictly a console guy but harddrive space is.

Something like the lenovo 410p or 510p without the dedicated graphics and better battery life is what would be ideal here, but I haven't seen any deals yet. He needs it, "by this weekend" so it'll need to be something I can pick up at best buy, futureshop, walmart, target etc.

I heard there's going to be deals at the end of the month on laptops, so maybe I'll be able to convince him to wait a bit longer. Thanks for any help that I can get on this.

Oh btw needs a CD/DVD drive. Though I'll if not possible I'll tell him to get an external.

This should be fine for him.

Is GPU the actual graphics card itself, or a certain element of a graphics card?
GPU = the graphics card, like CPU = the processor

Thank you. So, when I'm choosing a gaming laptop, I need to make the strength of the graphics card the main priority, like you said.

chrollo

Neo Member
Hello, I really need help with a laptop that can stream. I want to stream Swtor, and my price range is around 2k. Anyone know if I will be able to get something to stream for this? Also the laptop actually has to be a decent laptop. Good trackpad, great keyboard,something that won't throw my back out, and a laptop that won't break cause of overheating.

Country U.S.
Maximum Budget: 2000
Minimum size:17"
Planned Usage: School Work, medium to intensive gaming(swtor to planetside2), and hopefully streaming.

Sami+

D:

The laptop Tablo posted above is unfortunately out of stock now on the MS store, and everywhere else it's at least a hundred dollars more. :c

Reposting with a slight edit -

Need a laptop for school. I'd really appreciate some help. C:

Country USA
Maximum budget - ~$700-800
Max size - Don't care, so long it's small enough to be easily carried to and from school every day.
Planned usage - Schoolwork, video editing, Photoshop, and games-wise just as good as I can get for the price. Ideally I'd love to play Sleeping Dogs on it at a tolerable framerate?

Telaso

Banned
Hello, I really need help with a laptop that can stream. I want to stream Swtor, and my price range is around 2k. Anyone know if I will be able to get something to stream for this? Also the laptop actually has to be a decent laptop. Good trackpad, great keyboard,something that won't throw my back out, and a laptop that won't break cause of overheating.

Country U.S.
Planned Usage: School Work, medium to intensive gaming(swtor to planetside2), and hopefully streaming.

Streaming is pretty CPU heavy, so look for something with a quad above 2.6 if you can.

For 2k though, you can get a custom beast from like ibuypower or cyberpowerPC.

Tablo

D:

The laptop Tablo posted above is unfortunately out of stock now on the MS store, and everywhere else it's at least a hundred dollars more. :c

Reposting with a slight edit -

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/ideapad/y-series/y410p/?sb=:000001C9:00010378:

For 820$ this is really good for video editing (CPU + Nvidia GPU acceleration for some programs, NVENC, CUDA), and damn good for gaming at the price. Screen is TN 900p, nothing special. Good keyboard, sufficient battery life, don't expect ultrabook features here.
You can upgrade HDD/RAM in the future, it has a 1TB with 24 GB SSD cache which is good, and you can eventually drop in a pure SSD. It's heavy but I've carried around 5~ pound laptops for school before and it's not bad, this kind of compromises well on all your needs.

It has that weird Lenovo Ultrabay thing equipped with a CD/DVD drive on that model, I think you can buy another fan or HDD to fit in that slot instead. Can't seem to find where to buy those however so YMMV.

Ultrabooks will not do you good for video editing/gaming relatively to something this beefy.

Ultimadrago

Man, laptop hunting shopping is both exciting and frustrating for me at this point. Whenever I think I have all the answers, something else makes me doubt myself a few hours of research later. I'm taking glances at the MSI GT60 2OD-261 and now pondering on whether its worth it due to a having a IPS 3k display around my updates price point. However, it's screen is smaller than I'd like (15.6 instead of 17.3). Bah. The more I search, the more unsatisfied I get with my decisions.

Tablo

Man, laptop hunting shopping is both exciting and frustrating for me at this point. Whenever I think I have all the answers, something else makes me doubt myself a few hours of research later. I'm taking glances at the MSI GT60 2OD-261 and now pondering on whether its worth it due to a having a IPS 3k display around my updates price point. However, it's screen is smaller than I'd like (15.6 instead of 17.3). Bah. The more I search, the more unsatisfied I get with my decisions.

If you're going to spend that level of cash on a laptop, 2k+. You'd be wise to wait for Broadwell/Maxwell. I'm not just saying wait for the sake of it, but those 2 combined are going to do some great great things for laptops.

K.Jack

Country U.S.

You buy a Sager or MSI w/ GTX 780M, with that budget.

If you're going to spend that level of cash on a laptop, 2k+. You'd be wise to wait for Broadwell/Maxwell. I'm not just saying wait for the sake of it, but those 2 combined are going to do some great great things for laptops.

Nvidia's 800M series is all rebrands.

Ultimadrago

The offer is tempting, but I don't think I'll be able to hold in my current situation.

Btw, K.Jack I have another build for which to gander.

MSI GT70 2OD-407US

Instant Rebate - $100.00 off
17.3" FHD 16:9 "Matte Type" Super Clear Ultra Bright LED Matte Screen (1920x1080)
FREE!!! - 30 Day "No Dead Pixel" Guarantee! - ($35.00 Value!) (Limited Time Only)
4th Generation Intel® Haswell Core™ i7-4700MQ (2.4GHz - 3.4GHz, 6MB Intel® Smart Cache)
NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTX 780M (4.0GB) GDDR5 PCI-Express DX11 w/ Optimus™ Technology
12GB DDR3 1600MHz [SKU-81418P] (Dual Channel Memory (1x4GB + 1x8GB SODIMMS)) - Default
MSI Logo [Green] - (XPC Service)
1TB 7200RPM (SATA III - 6GB/s)
250GB Samsung 840 Evo SSD (Read 540MB/s - Write 520MB/s (SSD2 - SATA III))
6x Blu-Ray Reader + 8x DVDRW/CDRW Super Multi Combo Drive
Bigfoot Networks Killer™ Dual Band Wireless-N 1202 - 802.11A/B/G/N Wireless LAN Module + Bluetooth 4.0 | Up to 300Mbps (2x2)
Remove unwanted "Bloatware" Clean Windows Installation
XOTIC PC Global Anti-Theft Protection

($2181 w/o Cash Discount, $2115.57)

Hmmm whats the difference between

Lenovo Y410p Price: $779.00

Lenovo Y510p Price: $789.00

One is $10 more expensive, but, they both look like they have similar specs. Are they pretty good? I'm not looking for anything god-tier ultra-high, but, I do wanna playMMOs and games that aren't on consoles. I was getting the Dell-17, but, on further research it won't be enough.

Tablo

You buy a Sager or MSI w/ GTX 780M, with that budget.

What part of "Maxwell" did not imply waiting for Maxwell.

So far the 800M series is known to not be Maxwell, so I am saying to wait for real Maxwell mobile parts...
Even waiting just for 14nm Intel laptop CPUs is going to help a lot.

Sami+

One is $10 more expensive, but, they both look like they have similar specs. Are they pretty good? I'm not looking for anything god-tier ultra-high, but, I do wanna playMMOs and games that aren't on consoles. I was getting the Dell-17, but, on further research it won't be enough.

Where did you find those prices?

Edit - Nvm, found it.

K.Jack

Btw, K.Jack I have another build for which to gander.

MSI GT70 2OD-407US

Instant Rebate - $100.00 off
17.3" FHD 16:9 "Matte Type" Super Clear Ultra Bright LED Matte Screen (1920x1080)
FREE!!! - 30 Day "No Dead Pixel" Guarantee! - ($35.00 Value!) (Limited Time Only)
4th Generation Intel® Haswell Core™ i7-4700MQ (2.4GHz - 3.4GHz, 6MB Intel® Smart Cache)
NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTX 780M (4.0GB) GDDR5 PCI-Express DX11 w/ Optimus™ Technology
12GB DDR3 1600MHz [SKU-81418P] (Dual Channel Memory (1x4GB + 1x8GB SODIMMS)) - Default
MSI Logo [Green] - (XPC Service)
1TB 7200RPM (SATA III - 6GB/s)
250GB Samsung 840 Evo SSD (Read 540MB/s - Write 520MB/s (SSD2 - SATA III))
6x Blu-Ray Reader + 8x DVDRW/CDRW Super Multi Combo Drive
Bigfoot Networks Killer™ Dual Band Wireless-N 1202 - 802.11A/B/G/N Wireless LAN Module + Bluetooth 4.0 | Up to 300Mbps (2x2)
Remove unwanted "Bloatware" Clean Windows Installation
XOTIC PC Global Anti-Theft Protection

($2181 w/o Cash Discount, $2115.57)

That looks good to me as a base. Now is when you decide whether to add on one of the premium screens.

14" or 15"

The GT750M is a pretty decent card. At 1366x768 it will run almost any currently available game on Ultra/High settings.

What part of "Maxwell" did not imply waiting for Maxwell.

So far the 800M series is known to not be Maxwell, so I am saying to wait for real Maxwell mobile parts...
Even waiting just for 14nm Intel laptop CPUs is going to help a lot.

The point is, Nvidia rebranding the 700 series shows that they have no new mobile tech to bring to market, because they wouldn't waste the 800M designation otherwise. The "wait" is looking like 8 months, or even possibly until 2015. Not everyone is in a position to dig in for such a long haul.

Tablo

Yeah everyone isn't, but just putting it out there for those who can wait, because it is worth waiting.

Big-E

I need guidance. I have an aging Asus ROG laptop (nearing 4 years old now) and it has served me well. Problem is that its starting to have some issues. Two keys on the keyboard aren't working really at all and the computer will overheat now with practically any somewhat demanding game unless I place my laptop on a cooling thing my wife has. I have cleaned out the laptop with air but the problem will occur after about a week. Because of this, I want to buy something new but I don't know what I need in terms of laptop or desktop. I bought the laptop because I was going to and from China on multiple occasions but in the next calendar year I only expect to be travelling for about 2 full months. After that I probably won't be travelling at all so buying a beast laptop doesn't seem very cost effective. Should I buy a ho hum laptop this year and build a beast desktop the following year or go all out now?

sohois

Didn't notice a new thread had gone up, actually just answering some questions from the previous thread which I never got around to if that's ok(the original post in question is here http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=95566510&postcount=2331 ):

NEO0MJ said:
If you really want something to handle next gen well it should have at least a Nividia Geoforce 765M and an Intel Core i5-4200M Processor, just my opinion. Of course you'll need to spend at least $1000 for something like that. What's your max budget? $500 won't cut it.

Um, I guess around 5000 RMB? I believe that's up to $800 but I'm not sure on the exchange rates.

K.Jack said:
What are the CPU/GPU specs of your current laptop?

It's an Intel Core i3 M380 with an AMDradeon HD 5000 and 3 gigs of ram. Pretty crappy by today's standard but I've not yet run into anything I couldn't run, save for emulating Xenoblade.

Tizoc

Will take a print screen of my lappy before I copy all my stuff into it.
1.2 TB dayum~

Got it running Windows 8.1 and it has Windows Defender, got a few of my main programs installed on it.
ATM the only weird thing about it is that it takes too long to shut down or restart, need to look into this further by actually SEEING it shut down, as the last 2 times it had a blacks creen and the 'on' lights were active on the power button and the 'on' mark.

K.Jack

I am not familiar with the whole "Matte vs. Glossy" ordeal. Mind shedding some light on it?

Glossy = reflections on the screen if there's any light source above or behind. Using the laptop outside during the day is near impossible. On the plus side, colors can appear more rich.

I need guidance. I have an aging Asus ROG laptop (nearing 4 years old now) and it has served me well. Problem is that its starting to have some issues. Two keys on the keyboard aren't working really at all and the computer will overheat now with practically any somewhat demanding game unless I place my laptop on a cooling thing my wife has. I have cleaned out the laptop with air but the problem will occur after about a week. Because of this, I want to buy something new but I don't know what I need in terms of laptop or desktop. I bought the laptop because I was going to and from China on multiple occasions but in the next calendar year I only expect to be travelling for about 2 full months. After that I probably won't be travelling at all so buying a beast laptop doesn't seem very cost effective. Should I buy a ho hum laptop this year and build a beast desktop the following year or go all out now?

Your situation sounds like one where a middling laptop and powerful desktop combo would be the wiser move.

Didn't notice a new thread had gone up, actually just answering some questions from the previous thread which I never got around to if that's ok(the original post in question is here http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=95566510&postcount=2331 ):

Um, I guess around 5000 RMB? I believe that's up to $800 but I'm not sure on the exchange rates.

It's an Intel Core i3 M380 with an AMDradeon HD 5000 and 3 gigs of ram. Pretty crappy by today's standard but I've not yet run into anything I couldn't run, save for emulating Xenoblade.

Look for pricing on the Lenovo Y510p in your region.

Ultimadrago

Glossy = reflections on the screen if there's any light source above or behind. Using the laptop outside during the day is near impossible. On the plus side, colors can appear more rich.

Gotcha. In that case, I'm going matte.

Also on OS, Windows 7 or Windows 8(.1)? I'm not going to buy 8 straight out the order, so cost isn't a factor. I'm familiar with 7 and have only tickled 8 (not .1) for about an hour in the past. I know that I hate Metro, but I've heard 8 boots faster. Worth the transition? Will the SSD help one more than another?

Tablo

Also on OS, Windows 7 or Windows 8(.1)? I'm not going to buy 8 straight out the order, so cost isn't a factor. I'm familiar with 7 and have only tickled 8 (not .1) for about an hour in the past. I know that I hate Metro, but I've heard 8 boots faster. Worth the transition? Will the SSD help one more than another?

Windows 8.1 is what you want.

Tizoc

Big ass images coming your way gang!

The laptop came in this:
bacbNcY.jpg

This is the laptop along with extra accessories the shop offered including a wireless mouse, and yet the laptop also came with a wired mouse XP
GSAG63e.jpg

My current desktop, I'll be heading to bed soon and will start transferring some files to my new lappy tomorrow =)
E1XXwBs.jpg

Now what game should I test my new awesome NVidia 770M on? Bioshock Infinite perhaps?

Oh does Steam save your game save data on 'cloud storage'? Would be good for it to dl my save data for Magic 2014 so I continue from where i left off =P

K.Jack

Nice Tizoc!

Yeah your saves should be in the cloud, if a game has cloud saving. It will prompt you to download the save, I think.

Windows 8.1 + Start8 is all you need.

Zukuu

Banned
What is the current best ~800-1k€ Laptop you can buy in germany?
It's not for a gamer, so it doesn't need the best graphics card (should still be at least viable and handle full hd videos without any hassle) and makes miscellaneous stuff like an internal (boot) SSD and a lenient amount of memory more interesting if it fits the budget. Screen should be decently big as well e.g. native 1080p as it's more used as desktop pc replacement than anything else.

Tizoc

Max resolution is 1920x1080 but I ain't mad, but finding good background images to fit my screen is gonna be a hassle =V

jay23

Country- USA
Maximum budget - $500(Amazon GC)
Size- 13in or more
Planned usage- School

Hello everyone I need some help finding a reliable laptop that's gonna last me a while, all I have is an Amazon GC.

I really like that HP envy up there that KJack linked, but couldn't find it on Amazon for that price.

K.Jack

What is the current best ~800-1k€ Laptop you can buy in germany?
It's not for a gamer, so it doesn't need the best graphics card (should still be at least viable and handle full hd videos without any hassle) and makes miscellaneous stuff like an internal (boot) SSD and a lenient amount of memory more interesting if it fits the budget. Screen should be decently big as well e.g. native 1080p as it's more used as desktop pc replacement than anything else.

Link me to some German laptop retailers.

Max resolution is 1920x1080 but I ain't mad, but finding good background images to fit my screen is gonna be a hassle =V

Check out Wallbase. I get tons of wallpapers from them.

Yo K.Jack, where would we put HP ZBooks like these?

http://shopping1.hp.com/is-bin/INTE..._r163_us/en/pc_comm/workstations/8770w/buynow

With Quadro K610M / K3100M / K4100M / K5100M graphics?

I'm probably going to pick up one of these to replace my aging MacBook Pro since they don't make 17" laptops anymore.
Gaming wise?

K3100M = GTX 765M but 256-bit instead of 128-bit
K4100M = 1152 of 1536 GK104 shaders enabled, 256-bit
K5100M = GTX 780M

Country- USA
Maximum budget - $500(Amazon GC)
Size- 13in or more
Planned usage- School

Hello everyone I need some help finding a reliable laptop that's gonna last me a while, all I have is an Amazon GC.

I really like that HP envy up there that KJack linked, but couldn't find it on Amazon for that price.

This is it, for $544.99

Here's a dececnt Dell w/ touchscreen, which is within a $500 limit.

StMeph

After doing some research, it seems like anything with the specs that I am looking for -- ultrabook, Haswell, SSD, dedicated GPU, IPS screen -- goes for around 1,500+.

This is the closest matching one at the best price (1300), but without mentioning its display, I am pretty sure it's a TN screen: Dell DNCWB566H

Everything else about it seems bulletproof. Thoughts?

Edit: if it matters, I am looking at a non-touch screen panel.

K.Jack

After doing some research, it seems like anything with the specs that I am looking for -- ultrabook, Haswell, SSD, dedicated GPU, IPS screen -- goes for around 1,500+.

This is the closest matching one at the best price (1300), but without mentioning its display, I am pretty sure it's a TN screen: Dell DNCWB566H

Everything else about it seems bulletproof. Thoughts?

Edit: if it matters, I am looking at a non-touch screen panel.

Inspiron 15 7000? It's a pretty nice laptop.

I think the Gigabyte P35K is the good buy at $1374. Yes, it's $1500 with an SSD, but you also gain the quad core i7-4700HQ, and GTX 765M, which is ~40% faster than the GT 750M. Oh and the IPS monitor is nice.

I also like that it comes with a 2 year warranty as standard. That alone is worth $150.

If you aren't gaming, I suppose the P35K's extra power is worthless to you. I'm just pointing out this laptop, in case you hadn't seen it.

Hey guys. Buying a new laptop primarily for gaming.

Trying to decide between:

Asus ROG G750JX-TB71 $1499

MSI GT Series GT70 2OC-065US $1399

For one, I don't have to pay sales tax at Tiger Direct. I do @ New Egg :( So that brings the costs comparable.

The Asus ROG comes with 16GB RAM, 750GB@7200RPM drive.
The MSI GT comes with 8GB RAM, 1TB@5400RPM drive.

They both have the Nvidia GTX770M 3GB video cards in them.

I am heavily leaning towards the Asus but... I just want to see what the experts here think :)

Ninja edit: I noticed the Asus has the Intel Core i7-4700HQ and the MSI has the Intel Core i7 4700MQ. Is there a comparable difference? This article claims the HQ is slightly better due to slightly more overclocking. Thoughts?

Quixzlizx

Inspiron 15 7000? It's a pretty nice laptop.

I think the Gigabyte P35K is the good buy at $1374. Yes, it's $1500 with an SSD, but you also gain the quad core i7-4700HQ, and GTX 765M, which is ~40% faster than the GT 750M. Oh and the IPS monitor is nice.

I also like that it comes with a 2 year warranty as standard. That alone is worth $150.

If you aren't gaming, I suppose the P35K's extra power is worthless to you. I'm just pointing out this laptop, in case you hadn't seen it.

Damn, this laptop seems pretty sweet. My Asus G53SW is still chugging along, but I'm feeling the temptation. It would also be nice for my laptop to not be such a gigantic monster.

K.Jack

Hey guys. Buying a new laptop primarily for gaming.

Trying to decide between:

Asus ROG G750JX-TB71 $1499

MSI GT Series GT70 2OC-065US $1399

For one, I don't have to pay sales tax at Tiger Direct. I do @ New Egg :( So that brings the costs comparable.

The Asus ROG comes with 16GB RAM, 750GB@7200RPM drive.
The MSI GT comes with 8GB RAM, 1TB@5400RPM drive.

They both have the Nvidia GTX770M 3GB video cards in them.

I am heavily leaning towards the Asus but... I just want to see what the experts here think :)

Ninja edit: I noticed the Asus has the Intel Core i7-4700HQ and the MSI has the Intel Core i7 4700MQ. Is there a comparable difference? This article claims the HQ is slightly better due to slightly more overclocking. Thoughts?

There are some differences in the details:

Internally, MSI allows access to all parts through the bottom panel, while Asus only gives direct access to the HDD bays. This matters to people who like to clean out their fans and heatsinks.

MSI comes with 2 years warranty + 1 year of accidental, Asus comes with just one year + 1 accidental

MSI's backlit keyboard has 28 color choices, Asus is just white.

ASUS has a more efficient cooling system.

Asus clearly wins the style battle, while MSI wins everything else, imo.

Damn, this laptop seems pretty sweet. My Asus G53SW is still chugging along, but I'm feeling the temptation. It would also be nice for my laptop to not be such a gigantic monster.
How is the GTX 460M holding up in modern games?

There are some differences in the details:

Internally, MSI allows access to all parts through the bottom panel, while Asus only gives direct access to the HDD bays. This matters to people who like to clean out their fans and heatsinks.

MSI comes with 2 years warranty + 1 year of accidental, Asus comes with just one year + 1 accidental

MSI's backlit keyboard has 28 color choices, Asus is just white.

ASUS has a more efficient cooling system.

Asus clearly wins the style battle, while MSI wins everything else, imo.

Thank you for your input! :)

Is the 16 vs 8GB of RAM a big deal?

I assume RAM is pretty cheap these days and I could self upgrade to 16GB for under $100?

Browsing laptops I saw Newegg has the Gigabyte P25 and P27 at a great price of $1099.99.

P25
P27

They are reasonably thin and light for the size and power they come in at. i7-4700+GTX765+12GB RAM is hard to beat at that price.

Quixzlizx

How is the GTX 460M holding up in modern games?

To be honest, I don't really play AAA games often on here. Path of Exile is probably the most graphically-intensive game I've played lately, and it generally runs fine at 1080p except at the final boss fight.

Top Bottom