• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 full page advert in UK newspaper, "Coming 2013"

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member
Enjoy my terrible humour.

22ppmxQ.jpg

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I just realised that I'm getting excited about it releasing this year when I won't be able to afford to buy one for another year or so probably. Haha. Oh well!

Portugeezer

Awwwwwww yeah. Tomorrow is Champions League Final, won't they be starting their ad campaign? Can't wait to see it and hopefully it also confirms 2013 for Europe.

Danny-Boy

Look at that smiling crab, it's genius. Bring on the worldwide launch with the $399 price tag. I feel like a kid again when I opened up my present and saw a Super Nintendo.

have they made any presence in japan yet? i know there's TGS but there's lack of japan in ps4 so far.

Well we did see both S-E and Capcom on the PS4 reveal and the FF producer or whatever he is said please be excited for E3. So Japan seems to be on with the PS4.

Midou

putting down 100 pounds a month from now. Expecting £350 for the console, The rest is for games, extended warranty, PSN+ and accessories. Will buy at Xmas.

Yeah I basically put random cash I forgot I had or pulled a $20 out of my wallet on occasion and put it towards a PS4 fund. I did the same with the Vita and felt no remorse when it took a while for games to come to it.

PJV3

Would have stood out more with a different coloured light strip, still a good advert (to the point)

StuBurns

Banned
Now I just need to clear my backlog, I think I can do it by February, which is perfect, as all the rush will be over, a couple of early FW patches will have been put out, more cool games will have shipped. It's all coming together.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
What has the current climate been in the UK about the PS4 and Xbone for all of our UK Gaffers? What's the general feel for the consoles?
I'vr just finished work and the guys in the staff room was talking about the PS4 so I asked them if they heard about the XBOne, they said "yeah the betamax player" didn't expect them to know what it looked like too
But they apparently had 360's then PS3 so, don't know.
But thats obviously not the whole of the UK.

Portugeezer

I'vr just finished work and the guys in the staff room was talking about the PS4 so I asked them if they heard about the XBOne, they said "yeah the betamax player" didn't expect them to know what it looked like too
But they apparently had 360's then PS3 so, don't know.
But thats obviously not the whole of the UK.
UK isn't loyal to anyone.

From what I understand 360 was a success because it was like £200 cheaper than the PS3 for about 4 years, both offered similar experiences so it was a big gap, then you had people buying it because their friends had one, etc.

I had friends who were like "oh you got a 360, 360 is shit PS3 way better, I'm gonna get that"... then they saved themselves some money and joined me on Xbox 360.

Feorax

Speaking from personal experience, a lot of my friends have not bothered renewing their live subscription over the past year or so. Possibly a symptom of the generation going on too long.

Either way, if Sony keep PSN free, and these boxes launch within a month or two of each other, then that could be a much bigger factor than it was last gen.

Suirrad

This is pretty cool for the EU. Also pretty smart of Sony to continue the flow of continuous good news. Potentially of coarse, but still.

Top Bottom