• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

How is the game? I am highly considering picking it up after work tomorrow.

I had my doubts until I played my friends copy, now it's one of my daily go-to games. Wait until it drops to $30 again though, that's the perfect price point for this game.

The game is fun and the online is incredibly fun, if you liked Star Fox or any kind of quirky sh'mup/beat 'em up games then you would love this.

wwm0nkey

I had my doubts until I played my friends copy, now it's one of my daily go-to games. Wait until it drops to $30 again though, that's the perfect price point for this game.

The game is fun and the online is incredibly fun, if you liked Star Fox or any kind of quirky sh'mup/beat 'em up games then you would love this.

Is it recommended to get the circle pad add on? I have a $10 off coupon to GameStop anyways.

Kard8p3

Decided to use the Magnus club online today since I had never used it. What followed was 3 hours of getting over 3000 points in every match. This thing is a beast.

That's my last game for the next 20 minutes or so. I need to go do things that will enhance my night, then I'll come back!

EDIT: What just happened in the last hour made me love this game about fifty times more.

Korosenai

Yea i'm out, gotta wake up early. GG's

It's pretty much confirmed now though that Scrafty + Samurai Blade = 3000+ points and 1st place every game haha

It's pretty much confirmed now though that Scrafty + Samurai Blade = 3000+ points and 1st place every game haha

Only because you didn't use your Magnus Club...

While wielding that thing you become Nub the Destroyer, crushing people and angels alike beneath your mighty blade while assuring like, 4000 points per game -_-

I just got lucky, is all. That and my power set is incredibly unfair...

I have no actual skill at this game; just cheese.

Korosenai

Only because you didn't use your Magnus Club...

While wielding that thing you become Nub the Destroyer, crushing people and angels alike beneath your mighty blade while assuring like, 4000 points per game -_-

I just got lucky, is all. That and my power set is incredibly unfair...

I have no actual skill at this game; just cheese.

It's all good, i'm all cheese as well. Notice when I don't use the Magnus Club I get about 4th or 5th place every game.

I was doing pretty good with that Dynamo Cannon though. I won it in a multiplayer match. It has about 300 value. Did my charged shots do any good damage to anybody? (The charged shot for the cannon was that blue glowing sphere that would confuse you if you got hit by it)

Emitan

Wanted to do some FFA because I think there's achievements for it so I used these Orbitars I made

Guardian Orbiters (225)
Ranged: 5
Melee: 0
Health +1
Burning +2
Walking Speed +3

HOLY SHIT. I'm untouchable and do insane damage. They're amazing.

It's all good, i'm all cheese as well. Notice when I don't use the Magnus Club I get about 4th or 5th place every game.

I was doing pretty good with that Dynamo Cannon though. I won it in a multiplayer match. It has about 300 value. Did my charged shots do any good damage to anybody? (The charged shot for the cannon was that blue glowing sphere that would confuse you if you got hit by it)

The Dynamo Cannon's charge shots always get me when I'm stuck in a corner or narrow hallway, and contact with the actual blue spheres immobilizes me long enough to waste a lot of my Libra Sponge's duration. It's a really good weapon for trapping, that's for sure.

Korosenai

The Dynamo Cannon's charge shots always get me when I'm stuck in a corner or narrow hallway, and contact with the actual blue spheres immobilizes me long enough to waste a lot of my Libra Sponge's duration. It's a really good weapon for trapping, that's for sure.

I could see how the dynamo cannon can be useful in team games if you're trying to trap the other teams pit/dark pit, but in ffa it's just not that good.

Emitan

Wanted to do some FFA because I think there's achievements for it so I used these Orbitars I made

Guardian Orbiters (225)
Ranged: 5
Melee: 0
Health +1
Burning +2
Walking Speed +3

HOLY SHIT. I'm untouchable and do insane damage. They're amazing.

Got 4 kills with this WITHOUT TAKING DAMAGE

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
...And just like that we've been Community-ized. Hope activity here doesn't reach Mario kart 7 lows for a good long while.

but it probably will

Emitan

Ive never used guardian orbs before. Arent the charged shots just like a giant shield?

Yeah, but just touching it does damage. And if you do a forward charge dash shot it travels so you can hit them a bunch of times and take off most of their life. Plus I'm using that ability that makes you do way more damage until you're hit. So I can almost one shot them with a defensive ability!

Korosenai

...And just like that we've been Community-ized. Hope activity here doesn't reach Mario kart 7 lows for a good long while.

but it probably will

Wow, already?

Well,

tumblr_lcgt5rEXeE1qzr2th.gif

But seriously, like you said, hopefully this thread doesn't die.

Yeah, but just touching it does damage. And if you do a forward charge dash shot it travels so you can hit them a bunch of times and take off most of their life. Plus I'm using that ability that makes you do way more damage until you're hit. So I can almost one shot them with a defensive ability!

Wow that's awesome. I'll have to check em out sometime. How long does the shield dash shot stay active?

teeny

Ive added Tingly, Unbound, Mike, Omega, Karl, Billychu and Roto13 before I got bored. Let me know if you want to add me back.

Multiplayer is so addictive, but I think my weapon sets need some work. :)

Tom_Cody

I love my Aurum Palms for single player. I'm always amazed Palms don't get more single player respect. I combined 5 weapons to get the 311 Aurum Palm I'm using now. I feel such a sense of ownership over it.

I have currently completed 4 levels on 9 and a bunch more on 8. I still haven't unlocked all the weapons and I only 3.0 victories on some of the later levels, but I just have more fun getting gold laurels and high intensity victories on the earlier ones. Next on my list is level 7.

Roto13

I can't get near misses in air battles. I'm starting to think I don't really know how they work. I dodge out of the way while not firing and I never get any.

Korosenai

For anyone that still actively posts in this thread and wants to play multiplayer, please add me

My friend code is 5155-3032-4812

Just pm me if you add me with your friend code. Ill try to play every night if i can (central time).

Riposte

Moving to community doesn't seem to kill threads anymore, but it does severely cull new activity

In my experience, they do.

I think how NeoGAF wants to work- just doesn't. There should be a feed with two boxes to check: Show Gaming? Show Community (Gaming)? Then let me block threads from appearing.

jgkspsx

The random awards in multi really suck. In ten matches, I didn't receive anything, while people who scored less than me with much more powerful stuff like 310 Pandora claws got lv 4 Heavenly Light, lots of high end weapons, etc. I only have one 300+ weapon, and it sucks for my play style.

I did get Play Dead and Power Thief in lv 9 single player. I don't grief often, but when I do, I really enjoy it. Does anybody use Power Thief? I don't recall ever experiencing it.

EDIT: I'd like to get in on this "getting crushed by GAFfers thing". I guess. FC: 2234-7294-9819
I'll add everyone... though last time I did that, for Zen Pinball, only five people ever added me :\

It seems weird that this got moved to Community. It's still a new game. Is it because we're all talking multi? By that standard, the FEZ thread is all "community discussion" already. I don't get it.

I assume the management is trying to make Community useful and not a graveyard, but I'm skeptical. I've never seen threads survive. And this game deserves any attention it gets.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I can't get near misses in air battles. I'm starting to think I don't really know how they work. I dodge out of the way while not firing and I never get any.

Don't barrel roll. Just let the shots come right at you and at the last minute move out of the way casually. It took me a while to just get the '5 near misses' until I had the feel for it.

jgkspsx

Count Dook is online, but doesn't accept PMs (is he permabanned?)
This stupid implementation, Nintendo. Please give us beacons or SOMETHING.

Top Bottom