• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation thread IV: Photoshop rumors and image memes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey!

I just thought of something WiiU to talk about!

How realistically do you think brownies would be depicted on the WiiU? Give me quantifiable math if possible.

RipTen said:
There have been a lot of rumors flying around lately about the Wii U running a version of Android OS. Nintendo and Google have yet to confirm anything regarding the marrying of their console and operating system. It does leave Android owners, and prospective Wii U buyers, to wonder about the different possibilities this pairing could offer. Nintendo has lacked in the department of downloadable content and applications. The addition of Android’s Google Play Store to the Wii U could be of enormous help when it comes to ”filling the cabinets” with media and applications.

Rest of the article.

There is nothing about Android that would appeal to Nintendo.
Don't know why people even entertain the notion...

Really?? how about the market that they say is threatening games...if you have android you at least can stay on that boat and have exclusive content not found on android market.

Really?? how about the market that they say is threatening games...if you have android you at least can stay on that boat and have exclusive content not found on android market.

They have never said this and there is no way that Nintendo would allow for an entire market to just instantly be avaliable on their system, especially some one else's market.
Have you meet Nintendo?

disap.ed

I don't care if it's Android or not, but Google Services together with Neflix/Hulu+ and Facebook integration would be nice.

It would explain the 512MB RAM for the OS though.

zbeeb

Nintendo has always been an integrated company. Hardware + Software both in working together and made for each other, why would they:

1. Willingly give up that advantage
2. Lose profit to google for all the software sold

The only scenario I can see this playing out is that theyve forked the android code with their own store and developers can easily develop cross-platform apps between android and WiiU OS. Still highly unlikely though

Log4Girlz

I really wish people would stop saying this.
It's simply not true, especially when it comes to home consoles.
Apple is no more and no less a competitor than MS or Sony or even TV channels.

Its a competitor for electronic gadget dollars. Iphones and Ipads are all the rage for like..everyone of all ages. Oh and Nintendo has literally said as much, they are looking at Apple, the war with Sony was already won.

If they produce a product with a rich app store, it would garner far more attention than a more traditional console. This must become a true family computer to compete.

Its a competitor for electronic gadget dollars. Iphones and Ipads are all the rage for like..everyone of all ages. Oh and Nintendo has literally said as much, they are looking at Apple, the war with Sony was already won.

If they produce a product with a rich app store, it would garner far more attention than a more traditional console. This must become a true family computer to compete.

Yes, but they won't do it using someone elses existing app store.
This is Nintendo. They'll make their own.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member

Oh my god guys

Wii Entertainment System/Wii Famicom

It's real

Log4Girlz

Yes, but they won't do it using someone elses existing app store.
This is Nintendo. They'll make their own.

Oh like I said, I would believe this rumor if the 3DS was running android...and seeing how its noooot. It can still be forked I would imagine, must like Amazon's implementation of Android being their own essentially.

BlackJace

Android is the most open platform out there. Why would Ninty subject their brand new console to something that is quickly and almost effortlessly hacked. They're obviously going the Apple route and create an ecosystem of their own.

Android is powerful, but its too open.

Oddduck

Regardless of Android, I would like to see Nintendo form partnerships with companies that have more experience in the online digital distribution area.

And I would like to see cheaper prices on their eshop stores.

Nintendo could choose to use a highly customized Android as their base OS, just because it's a complete and polished OS, and completely free. They could use it and not give any access to the app stores, and add their own security on top.

Nintendo could choose to use a highly customized Android as their base OS, just because it's a complete and polished OS, and completely free. They could use it and not give any access to the app stores, and add their own security on top.

Which would completely defeat the purpose of using it.
They'll have their own OS designed and used.
Simple as that.

Which would completely defeat the purpose of using it.
They'll have their own OS designed and used.
Simple as that.
No, the purpose would be, as I said, to have a complete and polished OS that they know has good touchscreen interfaces that people like, with minimal development costs. And it would let them have a great Indy community of their own, since a lot of people are skilled at making Android apps (these would be sold on Nintendo's own app store, so they would have full control and get full profits)

Nibel

If history taught us anything, Nintendo wants to do everything by themselves if possible.

And no way in hell they will let an OS from the US be on their future home console.

wsippel

Banned
They need a rich app store, whatever it takes.
Maybe, but native Android apps wouldn't work in the first place (different hardware architecture) and nothing on the store is optimized for the resolution or input methods Nintendo uses. Nintendo makes no money and customers wouldn't be satisfied - it's useless.

Log4Girlz

Maybe, but native Android apps wouldn't work in the first place (different hardware architecture) and nothing on the store is optimized for the resolution or input methods Nintendo uses. Nintendo makes no money and customers wouldn't be satisfied - it's useless.

True. And again, if they were going for Android, I would imagine it would have been designed for 3DS as well.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Believing Android on any Nintendo platform is smoking crack. Bad crack. That's some crazy joo joo nonsense. Like Nintendo would ever let an open platform anywhere near their own meticulously controlled environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom