• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Kiseki / Trails (of the Sky/Zero/Ao/Sen/Etc) Community Thread: SPOILERTAGS OR DIE

has someone tried the beta english zero no kiseki patch on the pc version?

is it normal that the menu isnt translated 100%, what folder do i need to merge besides scena and text to get the it working?

Psxphile

2. Way to ignore the context. The characters who cheerlead it are teasing him or Olivier. It's not comparable to say CS, where various characters endorse a relationship between Rean and his sister.

Not to belabor the point you're making, but I don't think endorse is the right word to describe their reactions.

The only character pushing Elise and Rean is Alfin really, even Elise herself doesn't want to pursue her feelings
Alfin gave up on Elise x Rean and is shipping herself.

:p
These are both true. I really think CS2 backtracked on the cringe and did some good things with Rean and Elise's dynamic. The
Hot springs scene really show Elise as just a sister to Rean and Alfin being the cringe character, but by the end of the game shes all conflicted with Rean herself so she can drop her shipping act.

Jiraiza

Finished the Intermission chapter and KeA is, like, really cute. Just thought I'd put that out there.

Arios and Shizuku's also another cute
father-daughter
pair. Though I'm starting to really wonder if Falcom has some kind of character backstory flowchart where it starts with "character must have some kind of screwed up family situation". I thought Cold Steel was chock full of it, and it turns out it all started with Sky up to the Crossbell games!

ResourcefulStar

Neo Member
Elise seems to outgrow her crush on Rean near the end of the first ToCS game. In the final chapter,
at the dance, she tells Rean to go and spend the evening with someone special to him instead of his little sister, and Alfin teases her for letting an opportunity to grow closer to him go to waste.

At least, that's how I interpreted the scene. ToCS II may put it into a different light, depending on how Elise acts in that game.

Tonton

Finished the Intermission chapter and KeA is, like, really cute. Just thought I'd put that out there.

Arios and Shizuku's also another cute
father-daughter
pair. Though I'm starting to really wonder if Falcom has some kind of character backstory flowchart where it starts with "character must have some kind of screwed up family situation". I thought Cold Steel was chock full of it, and it turns out it all started with Sky up to the Crossbell games!
KeA is the cutest would headpat

Gaius has a perfectly fine family as far as we know!

Elise seems to outgrow her crush on Rean near the end of the first ToCS game. In the final chapter,
at the dance, she tells Rean to go and spend the evening with someone special to him instead of his little sister, and Alfin teases her for letting an opportunity to grow closer to him go to waste.

At least, that's how I interpreted the scene. ToCS II may put it into a different light, depending on how Elise acts in that game.
Well she still likes him there she just doesn't want to pursue her feelings and that continues into CS2
She has a great scene with him exactly where you'd expect the worst too

Jiraiza

KeA is the cutest would headpat

Understandable, her hair seems super fluffy.

FUp27GP.jpg

Gaius has a perfectly fine family as far as we know!

Gaius is the only proper one. There's Tita, but Erica's kind of a nut job, so...

It does sometimes seem like "horrid backstory" is getting a bit cliche in this series. Just to varying degrees
Kevin, Machias, and Joshua being some of the worst.
I think it goes hand in hand with falcom's unwillingness to make the present particularly painful. I'm not really against this storytelling strategy though.

"Journalists are suspicious" or "Don't trust any NPCs that has a portrait and wear
glasses
" are also Kiseki's traditions at this point.

Every arc has a twist involving one of those xD

"Journalists are suspicious" or "Don't trust any NPCs that has a portrait and wear
glasses
" are also Kiseki's traditions at this point.

Every arc has a twist involving one of those xD

I'm not aware of anything involving that first one, but yeah that last one is important

Nobody is disputing that.
To be clear, I don't think many, if any, are actually arguing that Tita and Agate are dating or even interested in doing so within the context of the 3rd game itself. Just that it laid enough foundation for it to potentially happen in a near future. To me, there are enough familiar tropes to make me apprehensive. I think to some others, it's so blindingly obvious that it might as well already happened.

High school setting and puppy love for an older hunkier dude? With another playable female in the cast confirmed to be a student trying to have her older teacher (rean) show her his dragon impact? The odds of falcom not doubling down on the tita agate teasing in cs3 is 0%

PK Gaming

To be clear, I don't think many, if any, are actually arguing that Tita and Agate are dating or even interested in doing so within the context of the 3rd game itself. Just that it laid enough foundation for it to potentially happen in a near future. To me, there are enough familiar tropes to make me apprehensive. I think to some others, it's so blindingly obvious that it might as well already happened.

Actually, i'm fairly certain a handful of people in this very thread have construed Tita/Agate's relationship in SC/3rd as romantic, so I don't think that's accurate.

To be clear, I don't really care if Tita/Agate happens in CS3. More power to the people who enjoy that sort of thing, yeah?

J0OIbGX.png

Squire

Banned
I expect Agate won't actually be around for 20-30 hooted of the game, while Tita is a student from the very start.

There's a pretty solid opportunity there to establish a romantic link with someone her age. I'm not posting any bets, but it would be there.

I expect Agate won't actually be around for 20-30 hooted of the game, while Tita is a student from the very start.

There's a pretty solid opportunity there to establish a romantic link with someone her age. I'm not posting any bets, but it would be there.

You already know how it's gonna play out. Either tita "won't have a crush" or will talk about some "bracer guy" she knows, and when the party meets Agate, maximum teasing and lines like "wow if only Agate wasn't off limits" 'man tita found herself a wonderful guy' etc then agate will do the 'knock it off' and tita will blush and say something that's meant to be innocent that everyone will read too much into and the teasing escalates from there.

Highlight moment will be when rean goes to headpat tita and Agate won't let it happen.

Squire

Banned
You already know how it's gonna play out. Either tita "won't have a crush" or will talk about some "bracer guy" she knows, and when the party meets Agate, maximum teasing and lines like "wow if only Agate wasn't off limits" 'man tita found herself a wonderful guy' etc then agate will do the 'knock it off' and tita will blush and say something that's meant to be innocent that everyone will read too much into and the teasing escalates from there.

Highlight moment will be when rean goes to headpat tita and Agate won't let it happen.

There's nothing wrong with any of this(?)

godisntheradio

Neo Member
I sure this was asked before, so sorry about repetition.

Should i play the psp versions of the Gagharv Trilogy? I just started learning japanese and i don't know how would i go about getting the windows jp versions of these games. Any suggestions on what should i do?

preta

I sure this was asked before, so sorry about repetition.

Should i play the psp versions of the Gagharv Trilogy? I just started learning japanese and i don't know how would i go about getting the windows jp versions of these games. Any suggestions on what should i do?

No, the PSP versions are often considered the worst, even disregarding the crappy localizations. The Windows versions are indeed what you want. The easiest way to get them is through DLSite. They have Falcom sales fairly frequently, and all three games are usually half off during those, so you might want to wait a little.

I'm expecting Erebonian headpatting.

Rean going to induct her into his headpatting harem?

That would only work if Sara is a full 100% Schera expy.

ok its night time so as a nightowl im awake now
ahem, my Ao no Kiseki impressions are as follows
Holy shit i did not see Ian being the mastermind coming, dammit Falcom they got me again. What is it with guys in glasses turning out to be behind everything?Overall its definately my favorite Kiseki game so far, and now im conflicted on who is the better little girl character, Tio or Tita. Both are adorable, but i think id give it to Tio due to character development that was engrossed in the entire 2 game plot.

You didn't need to make that google search because Josette expresses that sentiment in the English version ("couples come in all shapes and sizes"), so it's not like you made some major discovery that changed the pace of the argument. She makes a smart-ass crack about a relationship between Agate and Tita possibly working, as a follow up to Olivier dumb ass allegation (and the fact a grown man has a close bond with a child). That's not at all comparable to the game calling them a couple. Are you actually being real with me right now? Are you seriously suggesting a sentiment expressed in a gag moment is proper evidence of a possible relationship between these two? Really? Okay then, following your logic Anelace is a closet lesbian, Olivier is a pedophile/rapist and Kloe is the most perfect person ever. I mean, these are (wrong) observations made by characters, so the developers must share these values, right?

And I don't care if you weren't convinced by my argument. If you want to buy into the game shipping these 2, that's your prerogative, but don't act like it's the gospel, especially when Agate has 0 (zero) instances of reciprocating it, and Tita's relationship with Agate is more than just "having a dumb crush."

It does nothing of the sort.

1. Agate isn't oblivious, and his resistance to people implying that he's in relationship with Tita is completely natural, and not at all comparable to your standard anime denial (he doesn't blush or make a big show about it, he's just annoyed that people are implying he's a literal pedophile).

2. Way to ignore the context. The characters who cheerlead it are teasing him or Olivier. It's not comparable to say CS, where various characters endorse a relationship between Rean and his sister.

SC make it explicitly clear that their relationship is platonic. I want actual receipts on the game "hinting at" a potential romantic relationship, because I recently played through SC and encountered nothing of the sort. 3rd pokes fun at the idea that, but it very much follows up on the relationship set up in SC, and leaves it at that. Also nice try, but 3rd as a game barely panders to the player, so it's not really similar to CS in that regard at all.

The only one normalizing a potential relationship between the two of them are the people using illogical arguments and garbage false equivalences in order to prove their point.

I'm not familiar with the English script, but I think that line alone is pretty damning. I don't know, I wish I could see things from your point of view. I don't think it's really about the game selling a relationship as "canon" or not. It's more about suggesting the idea of it in order to cater to a certain audience. I don't think it matters if it's presented in a humorous manner.

I suppose if/when Sen III features romance scenes between Agate and Tita you'll still be unconvinced of their intentions in the 3rd?

Gu4n

"worthless sons"

savage
2ch actually had some in-depth discussion on the word, and it means more something along the lines of "disappointments", as in "not living up to their parents' standards or expectations". That's a bit more appropriate.

Hoped his quote would be
"I eat Anguis for breakfast"

ResourcefulStar

Neo Member
I assume the talk about a second Master Quartz slot comes from a CS III preview? Can't say I'm a fan of the idea, for the same reason that I'm not a fan of multiclassing in other systems. I'm afraid that it will dilute character identity if you combine dissimilar things and break the game even more if you combine abilities that do synergize well.

Loz246789

I assume the talk about a second Master Quartz slot comes from a CS III preview? Can't say I'm a fan of the idea, for the same reason that I'm not a fan of multiclassing in other systems. I'm afraid that it will dilute character identity if you combine dissimilar things and break the game even more if you combine abilities that do synergize well.

At least in regards to difficulty, from what we know this may or may not be necessary? Enemies are now capable of
using S-breaks if they have S-crafts
for example, so this might be a countermeasure to keep things vaguely balanced.

...That being said, if there isn't a super broken combination that trivializes most of the game, I'd be shocked.

Top Bottom