• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gigantic Steam page is up, coming 20th of July (Arc version now available)

BlizzKrut

Banned
NewSplash_SM.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/327690/Gigantic/ - Steam Page

Blog Post - http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/Gigantic/news/detail/10547503

Trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbBLgg009WY

We are thrilled to return to Arc with a massive update to Gigantic! Our June 2017 release marks the last major release of the Open Beta, and kicks off the final month leading up to the official drop of the game on July 20th, 2017 by launching on Steam. We’re excited to welcome back everyone who has been waiting to join the Open Beta on the Windows 7, 8, 10 and Xbox One platforms, and have a lot in store for you in the days leading up to launch.

June Update Notes - https://www.gogigantic.com/en/games/Gigantic/news/detail/10545233

TL;DR of the Patch Notes:

• Revamped UI
  • New Player Experience (Reworked Tutorial)
  • Bot Maches
  • Voice Chat
  • Hero Voiceover
  • Improvements to DC's (disconnects)
  • One Time Account Copy (you can copy your W10 account to the Arc client)
  • Big Changes to systems in-game, and lots of bug fixes and improvements.

It's about time that this game got an official Steam version!

Gigantic is great, and I'll be glad that more people will get to see and play it!

BlizzKrut

Banned
It's about time that this game got an official Steam version!

Gigantic is great, and I'll be glad that more people will get to see and play it!

For sure, it's one of the best games I've played, it's a shame it doesn't get the recognition it deservers, hopefully with the Steam release it'll get more attention.

Psyfer

Downloaded this when I downloaded Phantom Dust HD. I did the tutorial and waited in queue for an hour before I got a game. 3 people went afk/left the game. Waited in queue another 30 mins before I quit trying.

deoee

Downloaded this when I downloaded Phantom Dust HD. I did the tutorial and waited in queue for an hour before I got a game. 3 people went afk/left the game. Waited in queue another 30 mins before I quit trying.

Def. wasn't the case early this year with the Win 10 version.

BigPapi

Gigantic is great but some of the most recent changes really put a damper on my excitement specifically instant summon creatures.

Gigantic is great but some of the most recent changes really put a damper on my excitement specifically instant summon creatures.
That's the one change I didn't like. It sucked to be on a team where they would spam creatures to day, but felt amazing using it against the enemy.

Keasar

That is great! It was one of my biggest concerns regarding the game, Arc probably not having a wide spread and the Windows 10 version being closed off from the Arc version.

So glad to see it coming on Steam as well.

Always wanted to give this game a try so I deff will now.

As much as it frustrates me that Battleborn was obliterated due to the Overwatch VS Battleborn comparisons I'm happy that this game will be able to live/die by merit rather than it's perceived placement in a "competition between 2 games"

What I've seen of it so far reminds me a bit of Battleborn so I have a feeling I'll love this game just as much.

deoee

Just played a few rounds but I feel like the magic from earlier this year is gone...

At least I remember it being more fun back then :D

Will try again when Steam launches.

Miker

I've always thought this has looked great, but I can't help but the W10 exclusivity stuff early on probably killed all chances of it really taking off, especially given how long it's taken to come out. The announce trailer was from July 2014. So much has happened in the MOBA landscape, so many games have come and gone, and people have their game of choice that's not just LoL or DOTA, I don't know where Gigantic will fit in. I hope I'm wrong and it finds an audience on Steam.

Finaika

Just played a few rounds but I feel like the magic from earlier this year is gone...

At least I remember it being more fun back then :D

Will try again when Steam launches.

Hopefully they will patch in the magic back for the steam version.

Top Bottom