• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's good? Boar prime is an excellent shotgun and status machine.

I don't have the prime and the regular Boar didn't quite grab me (I was having a steamy love affair with the Hek at the time, though), but maybe I'll screw with it a bit and see how it works. Arca Plasmor also seemed pretty fun on a test run.

Manzoon

Banned
The only reason I don't care for my status Boar riven is because I have a status Kohm riven.

Boar Prime and Kohm were both guns I played around with when using Harrow. That extra fire rate and reload is monstrous on the auto-shotguns. I still remember the Kohm in the glory days when it fired no-damage-drop-off physics objects, gun was nerfed specifically because of extreme performance hits, haha.

Wow, looking up old relic prices (for plat) for vaulted items on Warframe.Market, and holy shit some of them can make you some good dough. Meso F2 Radiant, which has the Frost Prime BP as the rare, can be sold for 100+ plat a piece, and I have 3 of these.

Meso N1 Radiant can go for 90+ as well. Crazy.

I don't have the prime and the regular Boar didn't quite grab me (I was having a steamy love affair with the Hek at the time, though), but maybe I'll screw with it a bit and see how it works. Arca Plasmor also seemed pretty fun on a test run.

maybe stop having sex with your guns

that's probably not healthy for anyone involved

JWiLL

Banned

I'm definitely not ready yet since switching from console so this is fine with me, but a bummer for the community.

Plan to buy an affinity booster and grind evenings this week, starting tonight. I gots me some plat to spend too. Would love to get some sort of Prime shotty to use as I've spent 99% of my time in Warframe using Bows.

Being gifted a Frost Prime from Twitch was a nice surprise. Such a great frame for when you're running solo.

Strider

To me it sounds like next week. I imagine they just wanted a little more time to address bugs and such.

Agreed.

I'm pretty excited tho... This will be the first major content update since I began playing. Will be nice to actually uncover and experience new content along with the community for once.

Agreed.

I'm pretty excited tho... This will be the first major content update since I began playing. Will be nice to actually uncover and experience new content along with the community for once.

Same here! My friends and I have gone dark for any of the plains stuff outside of the small minute long teaser they released within the last couple of weeks, so it'll be cool to see what DE has in store for us :D

Izayoi

Banned
I just got a free Frost Prime because I realized you can get free Twitch Prime with Amazon Prime (yeesh...), but I'm torn on whether or not I should be using it.

I almost feel like I want to slum it with Excalibur until I can at least get to planets that drop Orokin Cells (so that I will be able to start crafting Prime stuff).

VandalD

I just got a free Frost Prime because I realized you can get free Twitch Prime with Amazon Prime (yeesh...), but I'm torn on whether or not I should be using it.

I almost feel like I want to slum it with Excalibur until I can at least get to planets that drop Orokin Cells (so that I will be able to start crafting Prime stuff).
You're not breaking anything by getting a free Frost Prime. You've just opened up another option for yourself. Just keep in mind that, prime or not, each frame has its uses. You can bring any frame to any mission, but you'll find you have preferences for certain frames for certain missions. Just play whatever feels right.

In the grand scheme of things getting a Frost Prime isn't really all that, nor should you feel guilty thinking you need to play with a starter frame. Plenty of folks who start Warframe buy platinum and grab a different frame right off the bat.

It's not like by playing Frost Prime you're somehow gonna be depriving fun from other people who group up with you. You might have Frost Prime but you're just starting so he's going to be as weak as any starting frame, you'll run into dudes with starting frames who pump out 10x your damage easily.

Don't over think it.

You don't have to since Frost serves a different role from Excal in how he plays. Consider him another character you can use.

If you want then continue to use Excal in order to learn the game in general and become comfortable but you will need that skill-set to transfer as you deal with a new set of abilities and function. This will continue for the other frames (i think Rhino, Loki and Trinity are other potent examples).

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Frost Prime is one of the best frames in the game and while you don't really need it at your level you'll be glad to have it once you get into really high stuff (80-100) and need those globes.

I spoon with my Sybaris Prime every night.

goblin

Frost Prime, by itself, is not really much better than regular old Frost -- you just happen to have it a couple of planets early. The biggest benefit you have from getting Twitch's Frost Prime is that it comes with a reactor pre-installed so you have a total of 60 mod capacity instead of 30, but if you're starting out you probably don't have the mods to make use of all that extra capacity anyway.

Like other people said: don't feel bad, just play whichever frame you like more.

Izayoi

Banned
Thanks for all of the advice, guys. I really appreciate it!

Is an affinity booster worth it? From what I've calculated it will take around 500-600 plat to get all of the Prime frames and weapons (along with requisite spuds) I'm initially interested in which leaves me with 400-500 spare plat to mess around with (a good amount will be spent on extra slots, most likely).

Also, is it worth it to just buy a Carrier from the market with plat instead of waiting until I can farm it? I had one for some reason on the PS4 and I miss it dearly...

Arrrammis

Is an affinity booster worth it? From what I've calculated it will take around 500-600 plat to get all of the Prime frames and weapons (along with requisite spuds) I'm initially interested in which leaves me with 400-500 spare plat to mess around with (a good amount will be spent on extra slots, most likely).

Also, is it worth it to just buy a Carrier from the market with plat instead of waiting until I can farm it? I had one for some reason on the PS4 and I miss it dearly...

Probably not worth buying an affinity booster, you can level a frame and all 3 equipped weapons from 1-30 in about an hour in a lvl.20ish survival.

All sentinels can equip the vacuum mod now, so there's not a huge reason to buy carrier (except maybe the built-in ammo mutation ability). I'd say you should spend most of your extra plat on slots or cosmetics that you want.

Izayoi

Banned
Probably not worth buying an affinity booster, you can level a frame and all 3 equipped weapons from 1-30 in about an hour in a lvl.20ish survival.

All sentinels can equip the vacuum mod now, so there's not a huge reason to buy carrier (except maybe the built-in ammo mutation ability). I'd say you should spend most of your extra plat on slots or cosmetics that you want.
That's good to know (re: leveling). I don't care about cosmetics that much
Who am I kidding, though? I love cosmetics :lol
at least right now, but slots are definitely a priority. While I'm starting I'm trying to prioritize functionality over form, so getting a companion right off the bat for a handful of plat is totally worth it to me, while splurging on cosmetics is less important.

Would you recommend Helios over Carrier because of the Vacuum mod? How rare is it? Helios seems really cool so I'd love to use him if he can vacuum (the main thing I liked about Carrier).

Buy weapon slots, you'll need them. You get a free companion just by doing the story quests and honestly it's one of the best imo. Any sentinel can use the vacuum mod btw.

And it'll take more than 600 plat for all the Prime frames, Ember Prime's set alone goes for 600p (not worth it).

And I'm sure some of us can carry you through a level 20 survival (as long as you don't get bold and try to solo mobs because you see us doing it lol). And get you and your weapons to level 30 relatively quick

That's good to know (re: leveling). I don't care about cosmetics that much
Who am I kidding, though? I love cosmetics :lol
at least right now, but slots are definitely a priority. While I'm starting I'm trying to prioritize functionality over form, so getting a companion right off the bat for a handful of plat is totally worth it to me, while splurging on cosmetics is less important.

Would you recommend Helios over Carrier because of the Vacuum mod? How rare is it? Helios seems really cool so I'd love to use him if he can vacuum (the main thing I liked about Carrier).

Helios is good if you wanna add information to your codex since that's its primary function (gonna need codex scanners though but that's available for normal credits).

IIRC you now get a basically free sentinel (Taxon) and its actually decent since it imbues a cold proc on the enemies it targets thus slowing them down and will convert damage given to your enemies and add it your shields. Also due to its perception and the fact the move is a beam you have an idea of where you are being attacked by watching it.

Finally with Vacuum being a general sentinel mod now you can just equip it on it

Manzoon

Banned
Seconding Helios, really useful to get those scans without going through the effort yourself.

Just traded a Vaykor Hek for a nikana prime hilt, probably the only successful non-plat trade I've ever done.

Haly

That doesn't seem like a good trade. Nikana Prime hilt is like 18p, and Vaykor Hek like most Syndicate weapons is 35p at a minimum.

Manzoon

Banned
The rep is basically free and it saves me time. Plus I've been trying to sell meridian rep for like three days with no takers (aside from people that wanted mareloks for like 15p).

Haly

Well I equate rep to platinum since some of the stuff sells reliably so that trade gave me pause.

Manzoon

Banned
Well I equate rep to platinum since some of the stuff sells reliably so that trade gave me pause.
I get you, usually that is the case but I've had extremely poor luck selling anything recently. So getting the last part for that nikana prime was great. I'm at a point where my mastery has stopped because I can't increase it without making a forma required weapon from the dojo each day, so any new primes are welcome. I'm sitting on my plat mostly to see what comes out for Plains of Eidolon.

The physics on impaled enemies are the most entertaining jank I've seen in a long time.

One time, I pinned a couple enemies to a door, opening it caused their bodies to be launched into the horizon at light speed.

Izayoi

Banned
Buy weapon slots, you'll need them. You get a free companion just by doing the story quests and honestly it's one of the best imo. Any sentinel can use the vacuum mod btw.

And it'll take more than 600 plat for all the Prime frames, Ember Prime's set alone goes for 600p (not worth it).

And I'm sure some of us can carry you through a level 20 survival (as long as you don't get bold and try to solo mobs because you see us doing it lol). And get you and your weapons to level 30 relatively quick
Sorry, I meant Prime frames that I'm interested in - which is not many now that I have Frost. Mainly looking at Trinity, Rhino, Nekros, and maybe Banshee.

Helios is good if you wanna add information to your codex since that's its primary function (gonna need codex scanners though but that's available for normal credits).

IIRC you now get a basically free sentinel (Taxon) and its actually decent since it imbues a cold proc on the enemies it targets thus slowing them down and will convert damage given to your enemies and add it your shields. Also due to its perception and the fact the move is a beam you have an idea of where you are being attacked by watching it.

Finally with Vacuum being a general sentinel mod now you can just equip it on it
Thank you for the information and recommendation! I bought Helios and a number of scanner charges.

Seconding Helios, really useful to get those scans without going through the effort yourself.

Just traded a Vaykor Hek for a nikana prime hilt, probably the only successful non-plat trade I've ever done.
Thanks!

Lenz finished cooking earlier...I love it. I also love my Opticor....conflicted.

The best part about the Lenz is unlike other self-kill weapons, you actually know a second or two before you die that you've messed up, and you just have to contemplate your error while waiting for the blast to proc. It's wonderful.

It's so worth it though, the Lenz wrecks so much house that the risk worth taking.

The best part about the Lenz is unlike other self-kill weapons, you actually know a second or two before you die that you've messed up, and you just have to contemplate your error while waiting for the blast to proc. It's wonderful.

It's so worth it though, the Lenz wrecks so much house that the risk worth taking.

Actually if you are not in the center you can get out but usually the cold proc has you so LOL

I've definitely fucked up a few times. Getting hit with the slow I kept thinking (okay serious is Frost's snow globe hitting me too!? Where tf are my shields?! How the hell are these level 13 mobs wrecking me?!

Before realizing that unlike with other bows you can't shoot Lenz through Frost's globe T_T

But I love lenz.

I've definitely fucked up a few times. Getting hit with the slow I kept thinking (okay serious is Frost's snow globe hitting me too!? Where tf are my shields?! How the hell are these level 13 mobs wrecking me?!

Before realizing that unlike with other bows you can't shoot Lenz through Frost's globe T_T

But I love lenz.

You can but only from inside the globe. Just ensure there is no other globe obstructing the shot as it will hit you if you are too close.

I can't believe Ember costs that much, though... I was under the impression there were other frames that were at least comparable (if not better) in similar roles.

Also, certain mods I saw were going for upwards of 800 plat... fucking crazy.

Its mainly because shes vaulted and you can't get her in the game otherwise until she's unsealed again, plus if you set her up well she can annihilate the low, mid level and the beginning of high level planets/enemies. Once around level 40 and above her role becomes more about crowd control.

as for the mods its usually the ultra rare one called Primed Chamber (only 100 people in the entire game got that mod in an event plus sporadic giveaways by DE themselves), maiming strike and certain riven mods

goblin

I remember years ago Primed Chamber was like 5k plat. I just looked it up and it costs about 40k now. Sounds worth it.

Lenz PSA: if you fire the Lenz and notice you're in the blast radius, roll away as fast as possible and you'll probably live. Having roll bound to a mouse button or separate key helps.

Haly

unknown.png

I just want one more Riven to play with...

Haly

No, it alternates between credits/endo/sculpture.

Once I got a 3day credit booster... during Terra Battle 2's launch window so I barely touched it.

They need to remove either endo or sculpture. Having both is the dumbest thing. And 50k credits is nothing these days, at least give me 200k.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
The only reason I don't care for my status Boar riven is because I have a status Kohm riven.

Invite sent. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here, or on the alliance Discord. Don't forget to make your clan key for dojo access.
Can I get an invite to the clan aswell. Although I don't know when I'll be able to access it since I am still doing the story Beats.
Pick Excalibur as your starting Warframe, it's the most versatile one of the three and the other two you can get pretty early in the game later on, while Excalibur is pretty far down the star chart.
I got Excalibur. Leveled him to like 12, then saw i could get frost for free. And almost maxed frost now. Although I did find the Saturn missions kinda annoying.

Manzoon

Banned
a vectis riven? that's kind of a step up from getting prova or phage...

I forma'd up a phage way back, fun gun that was great for popping bubbles in the void. Also extremely ammo efficient. You could probably get some nuts damage rolls on a riven for it, what with the full disposition on it.

goblin

I'd feel better about sculptures if amber stars weren't as rare as unicorns. But yeah, it's redundant to have endo and a-thing-you-need-to-jump-through-hoops-to-turn-into-less-endo. I want to say they've been talking about replacing something in the sortie reward list with kuva; it'll probably be lenses, but it should be sculptures.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I picked the Mk I Bo as my melee weapon, which I realized was a mistake for Excalibur. The Skana seems more fun and I hear swords are better for it.

So I bought the Blueprint for Skana in the hopes of crafting it down the line, but it requires Plastids which are rare and can't be found on the first few planets. I'm missing a couple Morphics too, but apparently those are easy to find once you get to Mercury.

So is there a sword I can craft in the meantime? Or a sword that's just worth it more than Skana overall?

Also, are dual-wielding variants always better?

FeArTriX

I picked the Mk I Bo as my melee weapon, which I realized was a mistake for Excalibur. The Skana seems more fun and I hear swords are better for it.

So I bought the Blueprint for Skana in the hopes of crafting it down the line, but it requires Plastids which are rare and can't be found on the first few planets. I'm missing a couple Morphics too, but apparently those are easy to find once you get to Mercury.

So is there a sword I can craft in the meantime? Or a sword that's just worth it more than Skana overall?

Also, are dual-wielding variants always better?

Not sure if this still works but login in warframe.com and put FREESWORD in the redeem a promo tab

https://www.warframe.com/promocode

You should get a free heat sword wich can help you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom