• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Girl-Gaf - A thread for girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idde

RustyNails said:
About that pants part. I understand that girls' trousers/pants/jeans are lot more "shape-friendly" than guys. But I know what happens to me if I wear even slightly tighter pants or jeans around the waist. My stomach starts feeling funny and poop troubles start brewing. How do girls cope with this?

I've been wondering about this as well. If I wear pants that are even a little tight it feels véry uncomfortable on my upper legs. Women don't seem to have any trouble with this. How is this possible? And don't you guys ever have the urge to do a spontaneous split jump in the air and accidentily rip your jeans?

coldvein

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
it's a bad thing when someone thinks of themselves as a part of [X]-GAF instead of GAF as a whole, right? That's the basic struggle with this kind of thing.

pardon my meta-response, but i totally agree. there are a bunch of douchebags (you know who you are) who are like "i'm THIS-GAF"! or "i'm THAT-GAF!" like it's a club or some shit. i understand that you maybe had a hard time with your social life in your early years, but come on people..

someday

Banned
Hmm, reading this thread makes me think that I need to go and get a bra fitting...I take mine off as soon as I get home (I leave on my pants though). I feel cooped up or something in my bras, even the sports bras. I love feeling free.

I started gaming with the Atari 2600. No brothers or anything to get me into it. I took a long break from real gaming until the PS3 came out and I got heavily into RFOM. Got the 360 when Halo 3 came out and have been a "gamer" ever since.

Glad to see this thread. I'll contribute whatever I can. I'm pretty new to GAF. I lurked for almost 2 years before I was activated. I still sometimes forget that I can actually post now.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
RatskyWatsky said:
Is this really true? It's also been said in the OP, in one of the frog pictures. Do girls really do this? Somehow I've never heard of anyone doing this.

I'm not sure how widespread it is, but my wife totally does it. She's insanely fast about it too. It's almost comical how quickly she's down to her undies. I actually do envy it. lol.

I'll have to inform her about the bra thing that you guys were also talking about, because she may be wearing ill-fitting bras, I wouldn't know. When we started dating, she was a B cup, but now she's a D, bordering Double D, but I think she may need to get measured. I'm not sure where we could get this done. Do any women's underwear stores do this kind of thing? There are a few shops nearby our place (like Victoria's Secret).

She's not a particular fan of her large boobs (I love them, of course), because of increased back pain. It'd be great if we could correct it with some better fitting bras.

Zoe

Figboy79 said:
Do any women's underwear stores do this kind of thing? There are a few shops nearby our place (like Victoria's Secret).

Nearly all dedicated stores and department stores will do it, but they may not be good at it.

someday said:
Glad to see this thread. I'll contribute whatever I can. I'm pretty new to GAF. I lurked for almost 2 years before I was activated. I still sometimes forget that I can actually post now.

Your username is a reflection of this? :p

cooljeanius said:
That's coincidental, Spindashing is also a fb friend of mine.
Interesting twist, I don't have a facebook.

Love you guys.

Charoncaori said:
Ooh I just got those the other day. I haven't read the first volumes in AGES! They're so silly. I'm really glad I finally have good-quality versions for my collection. The old mixx ones were literally falling apart. I'm also gonna check out a local launch event tomorrow. I love Sailor Moon...
My first anime was Sailor Moon actually. Usually people would say Voltron or Dragon Ball Z, but I remember waking up early in the morning on the weekdays before Kindergarten classes to see Sailor Moon on TV but I only endured it so I can catch The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog right after. In hindsight, it wasn't so bad. Sailor Jupiter >

Londa

Banned
MThanded said:
Londa you changed your avatar. When people change their avatars I get extremely confused. I really need to post in the black-gaf thread sometimes. I have been MIA in there.
I had to do it cause this Fang sprite is neato. But now I'm starting to miss my old one.

The Black Culture thread is open to everyone. We don't always see eye to eye but everyone tries their best to keep the discussion friendly. Sometimes people slip lol.

Figboy79 said:
I'm not sure how widespread it is, but my wife totally does it. She's insanely fast about it too. It's almost comical how quickly she's down to her undies. I actually do envy it. lol.

I'll have to inform her about the bra thing that you guys were also talking about, because she may be wearing ill-fitting bras, I wouldn't know. When we started dating, she was a B cup, but now she's a D, bordering Double D, but I think she may need to get measured. I'm not sure where we could get this done. Do any women's underwear stores do this kind of thing? There are a few shops nearby our place (like Victoria's Secret).

She's not a particular fan of her large boobs (I love them, of course), because of increased back pain. It'd be great if we could correct it with some better fitting bras.

Around here there's a handful of specialty stores that aren't part of any sort of national chain. Check online to see what you can find.

daffy

Banned
coldvein said:
pardon my meta-response, but i totally agree. there are a bunch of douchebags (you know who you are) who are like "i'm THIS-GAF"! or "i'm THAT-GAF!" like it's a club or some shit. i understand that you maybe had a hard time with your social life in your early years, but come on people..
dude, in a thread for girl-gaf? Your opinion sucks. If you want to continue insulting ponygaf do it where people care --- in your head.

spindashing said:
Interesting twist, I don't have a facebook.

Love you guys.

My first anime was Sailor Moon actually. Usually people would say Voltron or Dragon Ball Z, but I remember waking up early in the morning on the weekdays before Kindergarten classes to see Sailor Moon on TV but I only endured it so I can catch The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog right after. In hindsight, it wasn't so bad. Sailor Jupiter >
Jupiter was my favorite. =D This, Pokemon and Totoro were my first. I remember wondering if the first two were made by the same people or something because they looked so similar. haha.

A Human Becoming said:
Good thing because some dude on Facebook-GAF named Stanley hates you for some reason.

Facebook-GAF represent
Bahaha.

Satchwar said:
this guy

Sailor Mars >>>>

she was always my favorite because she absolutely killed it in those little red pumps <3
Sailor Jupiter was just that chick. Plus, dat brunette hair and dat pony tail. Also thunder/lightning powers are just so awesome.

Fake Edit: Well that's random.. haha. @Ducky_McGee, I'm sure a type of picture like that exists for the other Sailor Scouts. I'm not sure why people enjoy drawing things like that, it's kind of weird in my opinion.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
The anime talk reminds me of the latest Futurama season 6 finale episode, the last anime reincarnation was so spot on! Fucking love Futurama.

AbsoluteZero said:
So, questions for the gals:

Can you be male and also a feminist?
Sure. Feminism is an ideology. Apparently back in the 70's if you went around a college campus and asked all the males if they were feminists, they'd all have said yes. Then the word "feminist" became a dirty word and male feminists tended to stop labeling themselves as such. Nowadays male feminists usually get called "White Knights"

spindashing said:
I have a question for the actual females here: How did you get into gaming? Was it an older brother, a father, a boyfriend, etc? I'm genuinely interested in this.

For example I can safely say that I got my own little sister into gaming and anime. I always wanted a second player to play with in certain games like Super Mario Bros so I taught her. I remember the times where she did not even know how to jump and ran straight into Goombas nonstop. I berated her for it, but that was childish bullying on my part.

She doesn't play much games now but she loves the Pokemon series, for example. If there's Co-Op in a certain game she loves that too.

Both of my previous ex-girlfriends were casual gamers as well.

I'd also love a list of favorite games/genres, too. Lame conversation starter, I'm sure but we can't talk about boob sweat all the time here, right?

Oh my...
My mom played video games before I was born (i'm 24). Been playing all my life. I'll play Any game, aside from some sports games. I've had most systems growing up, including the CDi, ,Virtual Boy, Sega CD, 32x, and Neo Geo Pocket. So really no one actually GOT me into gaming, it was just always in my life, though I'd give credit to my mom.

Edit:
About bras, no I don't take my bra off, undies however are immediately gone. I have a fear of sagging breasts, I find wearing a bra has kept them very firm, (I'm a 34 F/DDD, so sagging is a legitimate fear).

Best sailor scout: Pluto, Uranus second.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
spindashing said:
Bahaha.

Sailor Jupiter was just that chick. Plus, dat brunette hair and dat pony tail. Also thunder/lightning powers are just so awesome.

Fake Edit: Well that's random.. haha. @Ducky_McGee, I'm sure a type of picture like that exists for the other Sailor Scouts. I'm not sure why people enjoy drawing things like that, it's kind of weird in my opinion.

The ones that freak me out are the drawings of the super muscley cartoon characters. I think I saw some Sailor Moon characters that were, anatomically, just impossible when it came to muscles. It was super creepy, and I'm like, "Why would anyone want to draw that, and take the time to color it, and then post it on the internet?"

My wife doesn't have a Gaf account, so she can't post herself, but to try and also answer spindashes earlier question, she got into gaming herself. Her and her younger sister. They would get gaming consoles in neighborhood garage sales for cheap, and it kind of went from there. She's big into the older Final Fantasies (VI, VII, IX), and she's a big fan of games like Fallout, Mass Effect, Batman: AA, White Knight Chronicles, Dragon Age, etc.

She's addicted to new Vegas right now, and just mentioning Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, causes her eyes to glaze over blissfully. It's probably her most anticipated game of the year.

Not all women were introduced to gaming by men. I think some guy gamers need to break down that perception that gaming is a "guy thing," when a lot of women grew up with gaming just like guys did.

And was that a Skydancers picture posted earlier? Girl gaf isn't the only one who can nostalgia out about those. I don't think anyone in my family ever had them, but I totally remember those commercials! lol. Man, I feel super old now, because I think I was in high school when those things came out. lol.

cooljeanius said:
Sure. Feminism is an ideology. Apparently back in the 70's if you went around a college campus and asked all the males if they were feminists, they'd all have said yes. Then the word "feminist" became a dirty word and male feminists tended to stop labeling themselves as such. Nowadays male feminists usually get called "White Knights"

And now White Knights tends to be a bit of a dirty word.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
I sometimes get irritated when the gf washes her bras with my clothes. She has dark blue and dark red bras that bleed. Drives me nuts.

Just wanted to throw that out there.

Satch

Banned
AbsoluteZero said:
So, questions for the gals:

Can you be male and also a feminist?
yes

that should be the default attitude whether you're male or female, but plenty tend to reject it for a variety of reasons

Arsenic Yellow said:
Edit:
About bras, no I don't take my bra off, undies however are immediately gone. I have a fear of sagging breasts, I find wearing a bra has kept them very firm, (I'm a 34 F/DDD, so sagging is a legitimate fear).

Best sailor scout: Pluto, Uranus second.
Sagging breasts due to not wearing a bra are a total myth.

And my favorite outer was probably Saturn. =D

shortyme

mr jones said:
I sometimes get irritated when the gf washes her bras with my clothes. She has dark blue and dark red bras that bleed. Drives me nuts.

Just wanted to throw that out there.

Is she doing bachelor loads? Or washing dark with dark?

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Rikkun said:
The problem here is girls are.. 0.1% on GAF?

I really suspect it's more than that. Maybe 1-3%. :)

In any case, I'm probably one of the older women here, so I'm not going to use "girl".

My first video game:

989757549-00.jpg

My first computer:

IBM_5150_System_s1.jpg

I have a question for Girl Gaf, so I forgot a friend's birthday and she's upset that I missed it, especially since we've been friends for practically 20 years. I know her like that back of my hand and I've practically given every gift she can love. What is the best " I am sorry" gift for this situation.

Jin34

Inanna said:
I think that's only an American phenomenon. Its a bit different here in the UK because lot of girls are into gaming and guys don't act shocked or act as if they don't know what they are talking about.

Goddamn, Devo's right I got to move. Also ball sweat is no lie Innana, I live in a tropica island I know...

WTF, all of you women and your big breasts.

Didn't mean to sound creepy but damn, not sure what you all are drinking. :lol I wonder if talking about breast size in such a way is equivalent to guys flaunting their manhood size. Well, probably not.

spindashing said:

Didn't mean to sound creepy but damn, not sure what you all are drinking. :lol I wonder if talking about breast size in such a way is equivalent to guys flaunting their manhood size. Well, probably not.

It varies from person to person, from my experience.

You've got girls with small breasts that wish they were bigger, girls with large breasts that wish they were smaller, and girls that don't give a shit either way.

Pretty much like guys, really.

Londa

Banned
spindashing said:

Just to bring a little light into the subject. It really doesn't matter if a girl is small or big in breast size, if a girl doesn't plan to go out anymore that day she is most likely braless. Also girls with smaller breast get to walk around in public with no bra without anyone noticing.

coldvein

Banned
FTH said:
dude, in a thread for girl-gaf? Your opinion sucks. If you want to continue insulting ponygaf do it where people care --- in your head.

1. as mr. stumpo said, every thread is for me. i am gaf.
2. i didn't say a word about ponies.
edit :
3. my block is covered in hot pink graffiti reading "PINKY PIE". i have a right to talk shit on ponyboys, they're ruining my neighborhood.

Londa said:
Just to bring a little light into the subject. It really doesn't matter if a girl is small or big in breast size, if a girl doesn't plan to go out anymore that day she is most likely braless. Also girls with smaller breast get to walk around in public with no bra without anyone noticing.
Oh, I know that. It's just a reaction to the girl users here that seem to be commenting on their plight with their own big breasts.

AbsoluteZero said:
It varies from person to person, from my experience.

You've got girls with small breasts that wish they were bigger, girls with large breasts that wish they were smaller, and girls that don't give a shit either way.

Pretty much like guys, really.
Haha, true. Men and women are more alike than what most people would like to think, yet I still don't understand women.

coldvein said:
3. my block is covered in hot pink graffiti reading "PINKY PIE". i have a right to talk shit on ponyboys, they're ruining my neighborhood.
Woe is you.

daffy

Banned
coldvein said:
1. as mr. stumpo said, every thread is for me. i am gaf.
2. i didn't say a word about ponies.
edit :
You did earlier foo. Girlgaf is a club too dood, you're looking real cotton candy right now. Now come at me bro.

coldvein

Banned
FTH said:
You did earlier foo. Girlgaf is a club too dood, you're looking real cotton candy right now. Now come at me bro.

i will come at you 100%.

and again - the club thing is silly. girl gaf is just gaf with boob sweat. nobody gives a fuck.

y2dvd

So Thursday nights I usually host Magic the Gathering and usually it's a bunch of dudes who loves to fart as loud as possible. Well last night in fact, one if my gal friends decides she wanted to learn Magic and decided to join us. My buddies did not fart all night. I called them out on it and they say bashfully, "Because there's a girl here!" LoL

She laughed because she's just used to being considered one of the guys. When she stepped outside the room briefly, all the guys murmured excitingly how I got a girl to join our little community. I can only imagine that's how gaf feels about this thread lol.

Anyways, she says she's not used to me treating her like a lady because again, she considers herself to be one of the guys. Do y'all feel the same way among your guy friends?

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Londa said:
I left fb-gaf because someone mentioned I'm on there in a gaf topic. Kind of weirded me out. Tbh

Did they call you out by name? If not, there are enough girls on there that you shouldn't be singled out.

y2dvd said:
Anyways, she says she's not used to me treating her like a lady because again, she considers herself to be one of the guys. Do y'all feel the same way among your guy friends?
Yes. I don't feel different or awkward around large groups of guys unless someone brings it up.
Although I don't play Magic, so around some of my boyfriend's friends, I'm still kind of a token girlfriend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom