• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Discussion thread [Up: Leakfest #11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another problem could be that the small platform would be used for campers. :x Maybe not really applicable to the current 6 characters, but the other 16-18 might have more benefit from secluded areas, even though the stages aren't huge.

-----------

Also, I wanted to do some opinion gauging. We have a new and updated discussion thread ready to be posted, but we are waiting for the right time before Gamescom.

http://gamescom.eu.playstation.com/ On Tuesday August 14 (5 days and 22 hours from now), the Sony event will be streamed live.

What do you guys think a good date would be to post the thread? Loud and I were thinking on Monday, but maybe some of you guys want to ditch this one earlier and start off fresh. Let us know and if many people say DO IT TODAY then we'll ask a mod to close this one down.

Saturday at precisely 11:42:22 PM EST.

SSReborn

I think if we wait till Monday the character announcement thread will end up segregating PSABR GAF or killing the discussion thread. Unless you guys aren't planning on making a character announcement thread?

Loudninja

I think if we wait till Monday the character announcement thread will end up segregating PSABR GAF or killing the discussion thread. Unless you guys aren't planning on making a character announcement thread?
It does not matter, we always come back to the mega thread.

Oh, that one will still be "Use Supers To Smash Your Bros."

There are discussion threads with subtitles, though. This is just a fun subject to talk about. And to fill it to 20k posts before the weekend so the new thread can be posted sooner.

B.O.O.M

Dtoid preview seemed to be the best so far. Apart from them mentioning something about offline play >_> But overall good article.

Mr. Fix

How about:

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Discussion Thread 2

I like that.

Yep. It's a discussion thread, plain and simple. The gamescom reveal should also be simple, as it won't have enough space to fit in a subtitle if we're throwing in the names of the revealed.

KalBalboa

Banned
So it looks like they took down the official site again it now redirects to the forums for the game.

www.playstationallstarsbattleroyale.com/

I wonder what that could mean hmmm...

54zhb1.gif

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
They obviously have no idea what they are talking about.
When people pull search and destroy supers, slys invisibility is invaluable. Unless I'm completely in an unsalvageable situation, I virtually never get hit with those kinds of supers because of the combination of invisi and high jump and glide.

Also I'm offended no one even said anything about the essay I wrote }:(

Essays only count if they are written by me. Sorry.

>insert essay post from me here; I'm too tired to write one<

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
From an outsider's perspective, it does seem weird that it takes too long to go from 1 to 2 and 2 to 3. You're just stalling yourself and people around you get kill points while you're still building and when you finally get a level 3, you might not even get enough kills to catch up.

I think the trade off here is something like this:

PaRappa's Level 3 only nets you 3 kills. However, he can quickly build up AP to a level 1 or 2, with the level 2 being able to net 3+ kills.

So, if you're behind by 6-8 points, pulling off that Level 3 will bring you up by 6 points, then, if you can quickly build up that level 2, you could easily be put in the lead.

That's just for PaRappa, who seems to be the only one in the beta with a fixed kill Level 3.

Heihachi also has a fixed kill Level 3, but I don't know how fast he builds AP for his Level 1 and 2 attacks.

Overall, I think the game is fairly balanced, but just needs a bit more tweaking.

B.O.O.M

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree with you. Snake would make the game feel more like the mascot-drive "heritage" game a lot of people want it to be, though.

Yep I agree. And thanks to that, if it IS Raiden instead of snake, lots of complaints, doom articles and 'tweets' (lol) will come out.

All the hate over Kamiya in that other thread reminded me, I wanted to share a personal story with you guys.

When I was at E3 in 2010, I met Kamiya in the Sega booth. I had to comment on how awesome his work is, how much I love both his old and his new work, but I also mentioned how bad the Bayonetta build on PS3 was. I also said how much I loved it regardless, that after the patch I dealt with it and enjoyed it. He told me to try it on 360, that I would be much happier with it. True story. :) Amazing guy though, he's a really awesome person!

Also CC I wish I could freeze myself until Gamescom as well. Better yet, I wish I could freeze myself until the game launches so I can just unlock characters as I go and be surprised. The wait has been killing me :(

KalBalboa

Banned
Yep I agree. And thanks to that, if it IS Raiden instead of snake, lots of complaints, doom articles and 'tweets' (lol) will come out.

Oh, without question. Snake will definitely have a cameo in the game if past evidence is proven true. Sony would be fools not to have Snake pop up in the trailers, at least.

Drencrom

Oh, without question. Snake will definitely have a cameo in the game if past evidence is proven true. Sony would be fools not to have Snake pop up in the trailers, at least.

That would probably just raise more questions why he isn't a character, but yeah I rather have cameo than him being absent.

Raiden and Snake as characters would be optimal (nothing wrong with that if both Good and Evil Cole makes it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom