• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT2| Red Head Redemption

Davide

Do you scan enemies for weak points? Just abuse their elemental weaknesses and if they have heavy weapons attached like the disk launchers on the Thunderjaws then take those out first, many times which can be picked up and used against them. That and abuse your rope and trip casters.

Yeah, I'm hitting the corruptors with fire arrows because their weakness is fire then hitting their weak spots with normal arrows. Takes forever, there's two of them and I haven't even taken one down after more than thirty attempts. It's the scene with Olin and all the snipers.

Yeah, I'm hitting the corruptors with fire arrows because their weakness is fire then hitting their weak spots with normal arrows. Takes forever, there's two of them and I haven't even taken one down after more than thirty attempts. It's the scene with Olin and all the snipers.

You should try getting rid of the snipers by stealth first. Do you have the sharpshot bow yet? The precision arrows are good for the snipers and the tearblast arrows will get rid of the Corruptors' artillery weapons fast.

Also, are you making sure that the Corruptors are completely on fire when you hit them with fire arrows? You want the fire indicator to be filled up and have a timer to get good DPS. Don't use the regular arrows on them as those will not do enough damage, even on weak points.

Facing a bunch of Glinthawks without resorting to the Ropecaster is extremely fun, though.

I'm not sure I ever used either on a Glinthawk (fire arrows will take care of them just fine), but for Stormbirds, hell yes. Seismic/armor peeling arrows, then rope 'em down, blast sling away, rinse repeat.

For the final mission, does anybody know if you'll get to use the heavy weapons from Petra without completing her side mission in Free Heap?

I'm trying to figure out what side quests to do in my NG+ ultra hard run.

Purchased this the other day and I am really struggling. I cannot for the life of me aim the bow properly, whether it's via inverted or normal controls! Why am I finding this so difficult?! Playing on normal by the way.

Purchased this the other day and I am really struggling. I cannot for the life of me aim the bow properly, whether it's via inverted or normal controls! Why am I finding this so difficult?! Playing on normal by the way.

Are you using the Brave skill tree 'slow down time on R3' ability?

Sygma

Lol @the proving.

How come a girl training to climb trees and hunt stuff immediately turns into Johnette Rambo mowing down fools and no one bats an eye hahaha

Kaiken

Banned
Just won a 4K TV and popped this back on for a few minutes to see if I notice a difference and my god. This game is too gorgeous. Then went back to Destiny 2 and was immediately disappointed. Not sure if 4K isn't much of a difference or GG are just gods. I'm thinking the latter.

Zertez

Lol @the proving.

How come a girl training to climb trees and hunt stuff immediately turns into Johnette Rambo mowing down fools and no one bats an eye hahaha
Because of the man who raised her by video game logic. I'm sure the tribe didn't watch her every day, but Aloy has been training non stop to be the greatest warrior since she was 8 and saw her grow up.

I have to be honest. After 100%ing the game when it came out I don't have a lot of motivation to beat the game in Ultra Hard. I feel like I am just rushing through the story.

Its still my GOTY, but that's a bit disappointing. I really can't wait for The Frozen Wilds.

shiba5

Just won a 4K TV and popped this back on for a few minutes to see if I notice a difference and my god. This game is too gorgeous. Then went back to Destiny 2 and was immediately disappointed. Not sure if 4K isn't much of a difference or GG are just gods. I'm thinking the latter.

If it's a HDR TV than it's most likely that. Destiny hasn't patched in HDR support yet. (It still won't look as good. Sorry Bungie.)

leng jai

As good as this game is, it doesn't hold up on a second play through. Outside of Aloy the characters are all boring, and there's really no intrigue to the open world. Combat also takes forever on Ultra Hard even with maxed out gear.

So at this point it's legit to say that it's getting weird that we haven't really heard anything about The Frozen Wilds since it was announced, right?

Okay, so I'm 18 hours in and level 21. Having a blast so far––but, how do I deal more damage? And how do I create lightning or freeze arrows to exploit enemy weaknesses? I have a bow which has three arrows, one is fire, one is normal and the other higher damage. Is there a way to switch ammo type on the fly?

As good as this game is, it doesn't hold up on a second play through. Outside of Aloy the characters are all boring, and there's really no intrigue to the open world. Combat also takes forever on Ultra Hard even with maxed out gear.

From what I've played so far, the world building isn't great in this game at all. Even Aloy isn't a compelling enough protagonist to spend 40-odd hours with. Having said that, I'm having a lot of fun so far as it has tight mechanics and a rewarding gameplay structure.

Zertez

Okay, so I'm 18 hours in and level 21. Having a blast so far––but, how do I deal more damage? And how do I create lightning or freeze arrows to exploit enemy weaknesses? I have a bow which has three arrows, one is fire, one is normal and the other higher damage. Is there a way to switch ammo type on the fly?
Different bows types will have various types of arrow types, hunter, war and longbow. You don't switch arrow types that go into the bow, you switch bow types. Personally I enjoyed using 3 bows as the sling and tripcaster made things too easy.

Different bows types will have various types of arrow types, hunter, war and longbow. You don't switch arrow types that go into the bow, you switch bow types. Personally I enjoyed using 3 bows as the sling and tripcaster made things too easy.

Ah okay, that makes more sense. I know you can purchase bows, but is there another way of getting good bows? So far it’s only armour that you can get via quests.

Zertez

Ah okay, that makes more sense. I know you can purchase bows, but is there another way of getting good bows? So far it’s only armour that you can get via quests.
There are some weapons rewards from the hunters lodge that receive for doing proving grounds. They use to be the best weapons in the game, but think on Ultra hard there are better versions from vendors now. I haven't finished it on that l difficulty yet, but doubt I will use them. On hard I had to limit myself on weapons and mods because fights were too easy. With the slings, tripcaster, and ropecaster I could plow through anything so I stopped using them.

Venture

Nope. Its just a lot of pretty shots.

Getting a little worried that we havent seen any new robots but Im just hoping its because theyre holding everything close to the chest.
There'll be new machines. It's one of the features listed on its PlayStation store page. Also there's a quick glimpse of a new one in the first trailer.

Replaying the game on Ultra Hard I've noticed that I am skipping all of the cutscenes that deal with their world but not those that deal with the Metal World.

Venture

The Rattler and Tearblaster can be useful against Stalkers. It's pretty much the only thing I ever used those weapons for. The shock ammo of a Rattler loaded up with shock mods can knock down a Stalker in a shot or two, depending on the difficulty level.

From what I've played so far, the world building isn't great in this game at all. Even Aloy isn't a compelling enough protagonist to spend 40-odd hours with. Having said that, I'm having a lot of fun so far as it has tight mechanics and a rewarding gameplay structure.

I have not quite 100% the game, but I agree with both of you.

But I would have to get into a bunch of spoiler Ursula K Le Guin feminist dystopia stuff as to why that is.

Piecemeal: HZD was very much a written with HRC on the precipice. Elisabet asexually reproducing through genetic engineering to create...herself... to save the world. But this Incarnation would be a warrior, because that's what she needed to be, instead of a scientist.

stryke

Looking forward to this, I hope its a Frozen Wilds trailer that's been edited by Sunhi

08e14e5a-c751-432c-942b-07cb5d5d90bd.png

Hey all,

Does this need to be played post game for fear of ending spoilers or can it be played while still finishing the base game?

I have avoided most the info/material about this for fear of post game spoilers, so I apologize for such an uninformed question

EDIT: I realized this wasn't the OT for the frozen wilds, sorry! Explains the 81 pages though ahha.

Top Bottom