• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT| Stamina is Ki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freeman76

I think selling this game to people with the promise of being a souls like game is wrong. Because this game is nothing like a souls game except for a few common elements. This game is a character building ARPG like Diablo. It has way more common at its core with diablo3 than any souls game.

Damn, you have got to be kidding. You just have to be joking. This thread is fucked

I think selling this game to people with the promise of being a souls like game is wrong. Because this game is nothing like a souls game except for a few common elements. This game is a character building ARPG like Diablo. It has way more common at its core with diablo3 than any souls game.

Not everyone plays Souls for the same thing. Like I couldn't be too bothered with the exploratory lore stuff, I just watch YouTube videos about those if I want in my spare time, I live for the combat and the character building (as in gear and stats).

Freeman76

It's a loot grinding game like Diablo. You buld up character by keep farming gear. Btw I rated this game a 10/10. So I am not complaining.

But to say it is nothing like souls?

Anyway. Ice Queen down, im outta this thread its crazy right now. Enjoy the game guys.

But to say it is nothing like souls?

Anyway. Ice Queen down, im outta this thread its crazy right now. Enjoy the game guys.
It isn't aside from leveling up system and shrines. And some itemization. The combat is nothing like souls combat. The core game fundamentals in nioh is nothing like dark souls imo. It's a loot farming game.

IvorB

I feel the same. Apart from a few mechanical elements is not that souls-like. To be honest, the game it's most like to me is Toukiden: Kiwami.

Lol by the time I reached the 3rd region I've already gotten 5 'named' Katana and not a single of the other types. 4 out of those I have the recipe as well.

Still getting into the game (haven't gotten out of the first mission), can someone tell me what I should be choosing for my level increases? I plan on using the dual swords, so should I just be upgrading the skill, body, and heart categories?

JJShadow

This "Heir to the Nioh" submission was the most difficult I've found so far, lots of Onyudos, Revenants and Yokais to fight in tiny corridors surrounded by water everywhere, and
I didn't kill that final semiboss, that humanoid-owl creature, got him to 50% health, he escaped and then the mission was completed. Is there any way to kill him?

This "Heir to the Nioh" submission was the most difficult I've found so far, lots of Onyudos, Revenants and Yokais to fight in tiny corridors surrounded by water everywhere, and
I didn't kill that final semiboss, that humanoid-owl creature, got him to 50% health, he escaped and then the mission was completed. Is there any way to kill him?

I've never had one escape...they always just kill me until I pop living weapon because F those things. They are maybe the worst mob in the game to fight

Is there a shortcut to the boss of the
Immortal Flame
mission? I don't feel like running through the whole
burning castle/house
everytime. And there is a door in the area that I haven't opened but I don't know how to get to it.

Edit: Beat him on my second try. But still would like to know about a shortcut.

They can escape?! 0_o

Ogawa-san

I wish co-op completion rewards scaled with your own progress. Most visits net me something like 200k amrita, but I could make at least 3mi clearing any 170+ stage just as fast.

It'd be okay if it were just for glory but it's not like there's a lot of fun stuff to buy with it. I guess that's why they added exotic materials to the shop this last patch.

Yall that were previously bitching about sloth should be aware that its duration is decreased quite a lot in NG+.

Also ye gods, even tachibana was a pain. NG+ twilight seems made for coop, given how much HP enemies have. Still managed to solo HE, but maaan, even trash dwellers were taking more than two combos with max familiarity 150 dual kats =/

I've never had one escape...they always just kill me until I pop living weapon because F those things. They are maybe the worst mob in the game to fight

only attack tengus have that is a bit of a pain to dodge is the staff swing. dodge to your left and you'll be fine most of the time. dodge away and you'll almost always get smacked. His attacks allow you to attack exactly once with high stance or twice with med, no more.

could be a lot worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom