• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Out of the Park Baseball 18 (OOTP18) - Official Thread and NeoGAF League

brentech

Sim: 7 Days
Date: July 31, 2018
Notes: Trade Deadline is tomorrow. Have to get your trades in before tomorrow's sim.

Clevelands Abraham Almonte is available. 29yo, $802k - 1 year contract. Just not finding a way to play him over the other guys, but a great defensive OF in every spot. - Would probably want a prospect.

Archer is killing it right now.

I'm really happy with how things are coming together, even though I'm still a bit under .500. Everyone is hitting really well. I'd really look forward to next season, but Nick Franklin is probably having an unrepeatable season. I mean, he's 13th in the league in WAR. I don't buy it, but I'll take it while it's there.

Fuck. Tyler O'Neil out for 5 weeks, he's been my best hitter this season. At least Cano is showing signs of life in July. 10-14 for the month though.

Broxton should not have been dropped. I was out of town and asked Brent to be his caretaker! Assuming Brent agrees he will be out back on the Brewers. (he was on a rehab assignment that expired while I couldn't upload)

If I didn't have such a weak April, I think I'd be contending for at least a wild card now. Team chemistry is starting to gel (turns out all they needed was a Gordon Beckham on the bench). Nobody on offense is putting up negative WAR, and Bauers is now the rookie WAR leader, edging out Tellez. Getting some respectable pitching from people I expected nothing from. Who knows, maybe I'll get red hot in Sept and get in the mix.

norm9

I'm lowering my expectations for the Royals to just avoiding last place status by the end of the season. I'm nine games down from the other basement dwellers, Marlins and Giants.

I keep either forgetting to upload, or uploading just after Brent starts processing the sim. But shit hasn't gone entirely pear-shaped as a result, so whatever.

Another gem from Archer this sim. He now has 3 of the top 7 pitching performances this season. Gsellman and McCullers are the only other pitchers that have made the top 25 more than once so far.

brentech

Date: Sept 8, 2018
Notes: That final push for the playoffs. Hold onto your hats.

Indians keep getting my hopes up, but a very streaky team. Current 8 win streak, but will probably follow with 10 losses.
Holding onto a WC spot and just behind in the division.

brentech

Date: Sept 15, 2018
Notes: Sorry, late sim. Probably a later one tomorrow as well. Have had family in town.

Just like I said in yesterdays post. Team is streaky. Win 8, Lose 5. Killing me.

The Padres are the hottest team in baseball and are now only 1/2 game out of the wild card.

Is this real life? (No, obviously, it isn't, but still).

Is this real fake real life?

Rommel

The Padres are the hottest team in baseball and are now only 1/2 game out of the wild card.

Is this real life? (No, obviously, it isn't, but still).

Is this real fake real life?

I'm worried about my team, keep getting clobbered by injuries. Max isn't himself and has had a DtD injury for almost 2 months. Blackmon is a concussion machine. Strasburg is gone until the playoffs. Chicken wire and bubble gum is holding my team together at the moment.

brentech

Date: Sept 22, 2018
Notes: Alright. Now tomorrow, we should really be back on schedule. Been out of town or with family all weekend and today.
Probably just 2 sims left in the regular season unless we have a tie breaker.

I was within a game of .500, so naturally I had to lose the next 4 games by a combined score of 19-43.

And since the AS break, I think All-Star Nick Franklin has hit 1 HR while his BA has dropped about 60 points. So back to normal then! I hope he cherishes the AS nod. It's the only one he'll ever get.

Rommel

I was within a game of .500, so naturally I had to lose the next 4 games by a combined score of 19-43.

And since the AS break, I think All-Star Nick Franklin has hit 1 HR while his BA has dropped about 60 points. So back to normal then! I hope he cherishes the AS nod. It's the only one he'll ever get.

I remember when he was the next big Mariner. Sad times :(

Hello NeoGAF OOTP league members!

OOTP will be appearing live on MLB Network this Friday! At 4 PM ET we'll be on MLB Now chatting about the game and making some simulation-based projections for the latter part of the season and beyond.

This is very exciting for us and will hopefully be the first of several appearances for the game.

Thanks for being such great supporters of OOTP. We really appreciate it! We hope you'll be able to check it out.

brentech

Date: Sept 29, 2018
Notes: We'll do two sims to end the season. 7 day, and a 3 day. If there is a tie breaker between the Wild card, that will add another day.

2 injuries to my core that sim....fml

Once again I need wins versus the Astros to secure a .500 record for the season. My team has gone .500 or better in every month but two, and one of those two is October.

Got a ton of money coming off the books. Hope I can improve my offense.

brentech

Sim: 3 Days
Date: Oct 9, 2018
Notes: Regular season is over.

WC Round:
Angels vs White Sox
and
Cardinals vs Nationals

Rommel

Going into the playoffs without my #1 & 2 starters, my closer, my starting LF and my backup LF....

Lets do this!

brentech

Sim: 3 Days ?
Date:
Notes: I had to sim from my Surface Pro today. Update should be available, we are through the WC series and ready for the Division series. I just didn't think to make sure I knew the date before closing down.
Hopefully I'll get my desktop all set back up tonight.

Wow, I wasn't expecting to even make the playoffs a couple weeks ago let alone get out of the wildcard round. Longoria has been a stud for me this season.

Top Bottom