• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Obsidian countdown teaser [Update 2: Kickstarter? One more day!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

Honest question: do fellow GAFfers think Fallout 4 will be releasing this gen? I've been a little away from these rumors, thanks in advance.

steadfast

DS 4 is my guess, too. S-E is throwing money as fast as they can at western devs and Obsidian has never said no to a project.

Geoff9920

Looks like Dudgeon Siege 4. Here's hoping Obsidian's writing staff doesn't phone in the story/dialogue like they did with DS3...

Fjordson

I'm always interested in what Obsidian is doing, but if it's DS 4? Eh..hurts me to say it, but I'm just not really into the DS series.

Honest question: do fellow GAFfers think Fallout 4 will be releasing this gen? I've been a little away from these rumors, thanks in advance.
After those recent comments from Bethesda about their apprehension towards jumping onto next gen consoles early, it's tough to say. I'd love it to be next gen, but FO 4 would be a huge hit on the current consoles, so who knows.

I would love that over a DS4 announcement. We still haven't seen a proper gameplay trailer yet.

No chance though, considering: "A new forum is up for Obsidian's next RPG endeavor. So secret not even its project codename is yet being revealed"

Yeah, that's DS4. :(
Is there any chance in hell they could have been working on a license such as NWN or did they burn all the ADD bridges?

Its Obsidian's version/clone of Dark Souls.

Calling it now!
I'd love them to work on a mythic/age of iron Souls like universe.

Glass Rebel

In a fair world this would be a Torment spiritual sequel called "4" with the Alpha Protocol conversation system and no combat.

Dawg

Ouroboros isn't exclusive to Wheel of Time, and if I remember those books right there's no "night market" or "Eir Glafanth". It would be cool though.

True, but the serpent eating its tail, The 4th age, and that quote seems like it's describing Machin Shin or something.

It could be glorious.

True, but the serpent eating its tale, The 4th age, and that quote seems like it's describing Machin Shin or something.

It could be glorious.

Yeah, it could be awesome. I had totally forgotten Obsidian was supposed to be working on a Wheel of Time thing.

I'm going with "The Wheel Of Time"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wheel_of_Time

Check the logo and '6.1 games' . The project was announced on February 12, 2010, so this could be it.
I was wondering about that project on the first page but:

a) none of the specific names mentioned so far have ever been mentioned in WoT, but this could be a spin-off
b) the wording on the front page states it's a new project. WoT has been known for some time.
c) the WoT project seems dead in the water and I tend to think there's a curse surrounding WoT adaptations.

Mandoric

Banned
Eir Glanfath is completely new, and the name mentioned in the HTML is a real one that doesn't seem to be used in any fantasy property. So it's pretty unlikely to be WoT.

Erethian

If it's Dungeon Siege 4 then it actually will be a decently polished game, it will just be the most generic, boring thing you've ever played.

That's because Dungeon Siege 3 was made using their internal engine (Onyx Engine), so any future games they made using that should be a lot less buggy.

I want a 4th edition D&D game from Obsidian. Mask of the Betrayer was pretty good. 4th edition D&D combat rules seem made for a video game but one hasn't been made yet to my knowledge.

Dawg

I was wondering about that project on the first page but:

a) none of the specific names mentioned so far have ever been mentioned in WoT, but this could be a spin-off
b) the wording on the front page states it's a new project. WoT has been known for some time.
c) the WoT project seems dead in the water and I tend to think there's a curse surrounding WoT adaptations.

Yeah, the more I think about it, the less it is possible.

Still, that snake is just asking for WoT speculation...

Somehow that number "4" enclosed inside a circle reminded me of Fantastic four comic, that may have some untapped potential for a good game in it, perhaps a RPG or a side-scrolling beat-em-up.

Whatever it is, I will probably buy it. I really enjoyed Dungeon Siege 3, so I'd be up for a 4th one. And Square Enix seem to be the only publisher they've worked with that hasn't fucked them over, so I hope they work with them more often.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I feel I should note that the project lead on Dungeon Siege 3 picked uP a new project immediately after their other game was cancelled.

Contract negotiations normally take 6 months so it was almost assuredly a sequel with an existing partner.

Durante

Yeah, the only reason to think that it's not DS4 is that it would be too obvious, and that's never a good basis for an argument.

Mechazawa

Instead of hoping it's not DS4, shouldn't you guys be taking the safer route and hoping it's a really good Dungeon Siege game.

Lakitu

st5fu
No Dungeon Siege please. It's been a while since we had a really good RPG from them (since New Vegas). I want more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom