• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alabama Republican nominee for US Senate, Roy Moore is a pedophile

Status
Not open for further replies.

DorkyMohr

Banned
52teCm0.png

ASAP

The GOP might as well lower the age of consent to 12, it seems like it’s all the rage.

You’re defending a child rapist. These people are morally bankrupt.

Kimawolf

I can't believe Alabama is content in being the laughingstock of the nation. Do they not travel outside Alabama and realize it doesn't have to be this way?
They will have a pedophile racist as their state representative. Why would any business view that as good? They have to know in the new, current alignment this won't stand

ASAP

They will have a pedophile racist as their state representative. Why would any business view that as good? They have to know in the new, current alignment this won't stand
As long as you protect the party, they’re fine with letting one of their members go around and rape children,

Kimawolf

This is the problem Neogaf has always had. God forbid I disagree with this comment.
Disagree witb the comment. That's fine. But we have a PEDOPHILE peddling bible verses and an entite state willing to look the other way just to not elect a democrat.

Tribalism is off the charts. Guy got on the radio and said he only dates young girls with their mothers permission. Hannity... HANNITY gave the dude multiple chances to deny it. He would not. And there are lots of people willing to overlook this for one extra republican in Senate.

Alabama is super red. ANY republican will win there. Surely there is one republican in all of Alabama who isn't a pedophile. Run that person.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
Awfully coincidental that this comes right before the tax vote. Why didn’t this come out sooner? Wish it had as now it seems policitically motivated rather than for the victims.

Also you guys realize that what you’re saying about Republicans always getting elected in Alabama could also apply to democrats in several states right? Certain states are just very red or blue

Kimawolf

Awfully coincidental that this comes right before the tax vote. Why didn’t this come out sooner? Wish it had as now it seems policitically motivated rather than for the victims.

Also you guys realize that what you’re saying about Republicans always getting elected in Alabama could also apply to democrats in several states right? Certain states are just very red or blue

This is a good argument... if not for the huge, giant sexual harassment/abuse scandal rocking every faucet of American culture atm. Senators/politicians should not be exempt from this.

Now is the best time, he was or is about to get a senate seat! It’s one thing for him to be a judge putting his fingers on the scale within Alabama whenever a rape case caught his eye, it’s a whole other thing for guy to make it to senate and start voting on federal issues. His run brought more attention on himself by professional news reporters, and the skeletons come out.

Hell he doesn’t even deny it outright instead he qualifies everything and claims he got the permission of their mother. As a 30 year old! Wtf!

Pasha

Neo Member
This is the problem Neogaf has always had. God forbid I disagree with this comment.

What do you mean by that?

You can disagree if you want, but you know what I'm saying is true.

And in 4 weeks, when this pedophile is elected, you'll know for sure.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
This is a good argument... if not for the huge, giant sexual harassment/abuse scandal rocking every faucet of American culture atm. Senators/politicians should not be exempt from this.

I said I wish it had come out sooner not that it shouldn’t have come out. It’s just alterior motives pretty clearly given how close the vote is (I mean I still think it’s true just that the timing is politically motivated)

I said I wish it had come out sooner not that it shouldn’t have come out. It’s just alterior motives pretty clearly given how close the vote is (I mean I still think it’s true just that the timing is politically motivated)

It’s quite possible the girls he lent on felt powerless as individuals until a national newspaper asked them for their story while assuring them they weren’t going to be alone. It is probable they wanted to forget this man ever existed but this year realized he was only going to be on their tv and in their news more and more.

If a person is elevated in fame then their past becomes more interesting. If they have baggage it is the most likely time for it to come out. Roy Moore had people doing opposition research on him, he was lucky they didn’t dig it up, or maybe they did, but the victims did not want to be used in campaign ads.

You don't see how multiple empowered victims coming out against their abusers could help other victims speak out against their abusers?

That's why this is happening now. No political conspiracy theory required. Occam's Razor and whatnot.

You don't see how multiple empowered victims coming out against their abusers could help other victims speak out against their abusers?

That's why this is happening now. No political conspiracy theory required. Occam's Razor and whatnot.

Yeah, it's pretty obvious this is part of the same movement we're seeing wrecking Hollywood etc. They originally weren't even going to give their names, so you can see why they'd get braver as they see the way the wind is (finally) blowing.

It also makes perfect sense that these women would be more likely to respond the more Moore is in the news. (Video on that here.) Hypocrite gets more famous and powerful, so people find it harder to stomach him.

norinrad

I heard him on the news and it looks like he's getting away with this. The people who were cheering were ok with it too. The whole situation is messed up.

Kimawolf

I heard him on the news and it looks like he's getting away with this. The people who were cheering were ok with it too. The whole situation is messed up.

He may well get away with it in Alabama. But there are republicans/independents who voted republican who will absolutely hold the party accountable for this. Mich knows it, all sensible republicans know it, hence why they trying to get him to drop out.

He may well get away with it in Alabama. But there are republicans/independents who voted republican who will absolutely hold the party accountable for this. Mich knows it, all sensible republicans know it, hence why they trying to get him to drop out.

How will they hold the party accountable? They'll either leave the party, look the other way or be overruled by the people who vote for guys like Roy Moore and Pres. Trump. And most people who self-proclaim themselves as independent are not. It's a charade to appear above the fray.

How will they hold the party accountable? They'll either leave the party, look the other way or be overruled by the people who vote for guys like Roy Moore and Pres. Trump. And most people who self-proclaim themselves as independent are not. It's a charade to appear above the fray.

In general they'll stay home from the polls, which even in relatively small numbers would be disastrous for Republicans in 2018.

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
Have any corroborating stories come out yet? I'm assuming if he's been a legit pedophile for so long that this kind of behavior has been observed more than just one.

FStubbs

Awfully coincidental that this comes right before the tax vote. Why didn't this come out sooner? Wish it had as now it seems policitically motivated rather than for the victims.

Also you guys realize that what you're saying about Republicans always getting elected in Alabama could also apply to democrats in several states right? Certain states are just very red or blue

There is not a single state in this country where "any Democrat" can win. Republicans have won in states like California, Maryland, New York, and Massachusetts.Where as there are states where "any Republican" can win.

AndyD

aka andydumi
I guess everyone is just presumed guilty before proven innocent now when it comes to these type of accusations?
Innocent until proven guilty is for court of law. We're taking court of public opinion here.

And having dozens of independent accusers with nothing to gain can sway a lot of the public, whether ultimately useful in court or not due to the time passed. It's high time we address sexism and casual abuse in the workplace and society.

00stevenm

Neo Member
What do you mean by that?

You can disagree if you want, but you know what I'm saying is true.

And in 4 weeks, when this pedophile is elected, you'll know for sure.
I mean a completely Hyperbolic post that demonizes/Mocks one group of people’s believes for one bad apple. PS I think this Moore is a sick fuck and should be done in any election, but to say republicans support pedophiles is disengenous. That would be like me saying all Dems support sexual harresment based on Weinstein. Not fair.

Ombra

I mean a completely Hyperbolic post that demonizes/Mocks one group of people’s believes for one bad apple. PS I think this Moore is a sick fuck and should be done in any election, but to say republicans support pedophiles is disengenous. That would be like me saying all Dems support sexual harresment based on Weinstein. Not fair.
What the fuck does Weinstein have to do with Democrats? No one is caping for him, thats unanimous..people in the republican party even "so called" evangelicals are going through contortions to justify this dude the analogy was spot on. Party before people country and now morality.

What the fuck does Weinstein have to do with Democrats? No one is caping for him, thats unanimous..people in the republican party even "so called" evangelicals are going through contortions to justify this dude the analogy was spot on. Party before people country and now morality.

Weinstein has been a huge donor to the DNC, an activist for many years and is close friends with Hillary Clinton and Obama. It took 5 days for Hillary to utter a negative word about Weinstein and then when she did, she faked that she was shocked by the allegations. Shocked! Nobody who knew him was shocked by the allegations.

Weinstein has been a huge donor to the DNC, an activist for many years and is close friends with Hillary Clinton and Obama. It took 5 days for Hillary to utter a negative word about Weinstein and then when she did, she faked that she was shocked by the allegations. Shocked! Nobody who knew him was shocked by the allegations.

Since you care so much you should probably make a thread about it instead of shitting up this thread with your garbage.

I know your hatred of the clintons knows no bounds, pablonolivar, but it is more than likely Hillary Clinton was not guarding doors while Weinstein assaulted starlets - as much as that fantasy may appeal to you.
Half the rich are big donors to both sides, meaning any one predatory multi millionaire has political connections and having him shmooze politicians doesn’t mean they would be aware of how he gets off, or cheats his taxes.

Hannity, on the other hand, and Bannon, and breitbart and a good number of the gop are STILL finding new ways to fence sit on Roy Moore or outright support him just and only because kicking him out would mean a “liberal victory”.

He should never have been allowed to run even before the allegations as anyone doing the most basic check of his judicial decisions finds stuff like a disturbing lone dissent on a 4 year old who was raped. His reasoning? Prosecution can’t establish there was intent to harm. That alone would make a great attack ad but apparently Alabama gop didn’t and stil doesn’t want to think too hard about him.

ZeoVGM

Banned

Oh please, stop with this nonsense.

aaronsan

Banned
I guess everyone is just presumed guilty before proven innocent now when it comes to these type of accusations?

I guess every accusation is just presumed bullshit until you get to personally see the crime committed?

This is not some spurious accusation...it came from many sources with much investigation.

Even in political circles, these sorts of serious accusations are rare...so take them seriously. Unless you value party over rule of law, that is.

Since you care so much you should probably make a thread about it instead of shitting up this thread with your garbage.

Are you a mod? Someone had just asked what Weinstein has to do with Democrats. I answered. There is a clear and documented link of longtime support of Democrats and Democrat causes. That's just a fact. Get over it.

I guess every accusation is just presumed bullshit until you get to personally see the crime committed?

This is not some spurious accusation...it came from many sources with much investigation.

Even in political circles, these sorts of serious accusations are rare...so take them seriously. Unless you value party over rule of law, that is.
Wait, are you picking on the notion of "innocent until proven guilty"?

It's these moments of sheer stupidity on the Left that keeps me from ever fully endorsing them.

Why don't you go battle the evils of free speech, too. Freeze peach!

So, so embarrassing.

Kimawolf

It's these moments of sheer stupidity on the Left that keeps me from ever fully endorsing them.

So, so embarrassing.
Statements like this... you are "innocent until proven guilty" but you know what proves guilt? Evidence. Statements, sources and lots of research.

Instead of deflecting about some "liberal" nonsense (or Hilary crap. Why she is even in this discussion is beyond me) just say what you mean. For you these womens words and all the sourced information is not enough.

Don't deflect. Be honest. If you believe that. Its your prerogative. But i will continue to believe the man is a pedophile based on hundreds of hourz of research and the word of the women and over 30 other people over his shoddy memory anx semi denial about dating girls.

Statements like this... you are "innocent until proven guilty" but you know what proves guilt? Evidence. Statements, sources and lots of research.

Instead of deflecting about some "liberal" nonsense (or Hilary crap. Why she is even in this discussion is beyond me) just say what you mean. For you these womens words and all the sourced information is not enough.

Don't deflect. Be honest. If you believe that. Its your prerogative. But i will continue to believe the man is a pedophile based on hundreds of hourz of research and the word of the women and over 30 other people over his shoddy memory anx semi denial about dating girls.
Hold on there. Stop putting words in my mouth.

I was merely annoyed by the trashing of the notion of innocent until proven guilty. I know it's been taboo on here to ask to reserve opinions on cases until all the facts come out for some time.

I'll tell you right now that if it's just her accusation, no, sorry that's not enough. It's better to let the guilty go free than punish the innocent.

If there's more concrete proof, I haven't followed the case and there could be, then sure lock him up.

But at any rate, you can apologize for projecting all that other trash onto me.

aaronsan

Banned

So, so embarrassing.
1. He's admitted to (in my judgment) the basic facts of the case

2. It's beyond the statute of limitations, hence can't go to trial, hence can't be proven guilty anymore.

3. Are you missing the notion of "preponderance of evidence"?

4. It's this grave concern for the rule of law and free speech whenever it benefits a right-winger, but never a liberal, that is the real problem here.

aaronsan

Banned
Hold on there. Stop putting words in my mouth.

I was merely annoyed by the trashing of the notion of innocent until proven guilty. I know it's been taboo on here to ask to reserve opinions on cases until all the facts come out for some time.

I'll tell you right now that if it's just her accusation, no, sorry that's not enough. It's better to let the guilty go free than punish the innocent.

If there's more concrete proof, I haven't followed the case and there could be, then sure lock him up.

But at any rate, you can apologize for projecting all that other trash onto me.

You haven't followed the case yet you rush to the defense of an accused child molester? And I'm the problem here? FFS

1. He's admitted to (in my judgment) the basic facts of the case

2. It's beyond the statute of limitations, hence can't go to trial, hence can't be proven guilty anymore.

3. Are you missing the notion of "preponderance of evidence"?

4. It's this grave concern for the rule of law and free speech whenever it benefits a right-winger, but never a liberal, that is the real problem here.
I already told you I wasn't following the case. I didn't know that it wasn't even a criminal case. My statement wasn't a rebuke of the actual evidence of the case.

As for point #4, I can cherry pick as many incidents, or more, where the rule of law and free speech seemingly favors the Left over the Right. So where does that leave us?

rokkerkory

What's really disgusting are those that will still vote for him instead of someone else because they are a Democrat.

You haven't followed the case yet you rush to the defense of an accused child molester? And I'm the problem here? FFS
Gonna need you to quote for me where I said he's totally innocent and all charges against him are false?

Or even where I said you, specifically, are the problem here.

Number 5:

Alabama Politics
Alabama Politics
@AlabamaPolitics
·
1m
Beverly Young Nelson says she did not respond to Moore's flirtatious advances. Says when she had a year book when she was 16.. she says Moore signed it "love Roy Moore DA."

ASAP

I believe them.

I hope to god she still has that year book.

and of course we have child rapist apologists on GAF too, these fucking people will defend any white extreme right wing nut.

The year book was shown, signature matches.
What adult not in a school or family signs a yearbook ?
He assaukted her two weeks after it.

No doubt in my mind she is one of many girls to have had this experience but as he said to her: I am the DA nobody will believe you.

He wasn’t fit to serve before he is not fit for anything but disgraced retirement now.

I believe them.

I hope to god she still has that year book.

and of course we have child rapist apologists on GAF too, these fucking people will defend any white extreme right wing nut.
WaPo has it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/costareports/status/930167438527918081

Moore needs to go down. If he wins the election, through Senate should eject him. If the Senate GOP refuses to eject him, "Eject Moore" should be a plank in the Senate Democrats' platform. He has no place in the US Senate, and after the SCOTUS stunt, the Senate GOP has no place to object.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom