• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*SPOILERS* The Walking Dead TV show, leaks, and comic book SPOILER discussion thread

dustyherb

Well fuck!! Now that issue 165 is out we know what the 167 cover is all about :(
Andrea appears to have been bitten.
It's possible it was a bullet from Magna or Yumiko firing so much, but I kinda doubt it. How could this situation be avoided tho if it is indeed a bite? Maybe they try to test a new method of getting rid of the infection? Cauterize it maybe? She's probably going to die :(

dustyherb

Man, I really fucking hate Sherry and the rest of the Saviors now. Any sympathy for her prior situation is gone.
Fucking seriously! I used to feel bad about Mark as well but that little shit was there. I really want them to get wiped fucking out. I just really really hope Dwight survives this.

dustyherb

I think it's a twist. Probably nicked of a stray bullet.
Ya I had the same thought, its definitely possible. If she does end up surviving I still feel like someone else will die soon. Maybe Dwight since he seems pretty fucking screwed at the moment. I also was thinking that if it is a bite, that someone like Eugene will suggest trying to Cauterize the wound. It would be awesome if they discover a better way to treat the infection and keep people from dying/turning.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Ya I had the same thought, its definitely possible. If she does end up surviving I still feel like someone else will die soon. Maybe Dwight since he seems pretty fucking screwed at the moment. I also was thinking that if it is a bite, that someone like Eugene will suggest trying to Cauterize the wound. It would be awesome if they discover a better way to treat the infection and keep people from dying/turning.

I fear Eugene might die soon, he is becoming too valuable

LycanXIII

Yeah, they already know that they're all infected, it's just a matter of when they die. So it shouldn't matter if it's a bite or a gun shot, if they can treat it and prevent the wound from getting infected, she should be fine. Just need a shit ton of antibiotics.

Minus_Me

Finally caught up to the comics thanks to my sister. When exactly does that faction of the saviors decide to break off? I somehow have no recollection of that ever coming up.

Surfinn

Well fuck!! Now that issue 165 is out we know what the 167 cover is all about :(
Andrea appears to have been bitten.
It's possible it was a bullet from Magna or Yumiko firing so much, but I kinda doubt it. How could this situation be avoided tho if it is indeed a bite? Maybe they try to test a new method of getting rid of the infection? Cauterize it maybe? She's probably going to die :(

It's kinda weird. I'm thinking it's just to get people riled up honestly. If they were going to kill her I think they'd have done it in that issue. Plus in the Q/A section they made it sound like it's already a done deal which is even more suspicious.

Finally caught up to the comics thanks to my sister. When exactly does that faction of the saviors decide to break off? I somehow have no recollection of that ever coming up.

Leadership vacuum when Dwight left Sanctuary for good. Sherry and those other dicks took over in his absence.

Leeness

That is why we have a spoiler thread, is it not?
Why would people be in this thread that didn't want to know what happens?

I know, but some people still don't want to know sometimes! Haha.

Anyway, episode is called "Bury Me Here", these are from TSDF.

In the sneak peek, Carol is marching through the Kingdom gates and asks for Morgan. Why is she looking for Morgan and what happens?

Carol finally has an epiphany and begins to question why Jesus brought Rick's group to the Kingdom in the first place. So she goes to the Kingdom to ask Morgan straight up what happened in Alexandria and whether everyone is ok. However, Morgan refuses and tells her if she wants to know, she'll have to go to Alexandria to find out (and he offers to go with her to Alexandria). They don't go, and she leaves.

How does Ben die?

A conflict is caused because the Kingdom comes up short during a supply drop. They were supposed to deliver 12 melons, and there's only 11 (#melongate). That's because Richard hid 1 of them, hoping to cause a fight that resulted in his death. Richard gets into it with Jared again and just when Jared is about to shoot Richard in the head, he turns and shoots Ben in the leg. It ruptures his femoral artery, and he bleeds to death.

Do we see Morgan regress back into "crazy" Morgan?

Oh hell yes, and then some! Morgan goes completely apeshit after Benjamin is killed and has a crapload of flashbacks from not only the "Clear" episode but also from the Pilot when Duane was still alive.

Does Morgan get his stick back? How?

Yes. After Benjamin is killed, apparently Jared dropped Morgan's stick. So when they return to the scene to retrieve Benjamin's stick, they get Morgan's too.

How does Richard die?

Morgan finds out that Richard sabotaged the drop for the Saviors in an attempt to enrage the Saviors so that they would kill him. This is all in the hopes of causing an event to get Ezekiel to move to war. But it only gets Benjamin killed. So Morgan attacks Richard and strangles him to death.

What's going on with that grave with the "Bury Me Here" sign?

Richard digs the grave. Later in the episode after Morgan kills Richard he buries him there and finds that "Katy" backpack of Richard's that we have seen a couple times.

Does Morgan tell Carol about Abe and Glenn? What is her reaction?

Yes, and also about Spencer and Olivia. So she packs her bags and goes to the Kingdom and tells him they need to get ready to fight.

How does Carol try convincing Ezekiel to go to war?

She doesn't really have to do any convincing because when she tells Ezekiel they have to get ready to fight he says he knows.

How does the episode end?

The episode ends with Carol at the Kingdom. She helps Ezekiel and Benjamin's little brother plant a new garden. There's also a flash of Morgan sharpening his stick.

Leeness

Next episode's Q&A is out on TSDF. Sounds like another good episode, it's obviously ramping up to the fight/Sasha's death.

Q&A Episode 7.14 "The Other Side"

What is Maggie up to in this episode?

She pretty much is taking over the leadership role at the Hilltop right under Gregory's nose, and he knows it too. She's teaching people to fight with knives, visiting with everyone and gaining their confidence.

Does Jesus reveal his sexuality? How does that scene play out?

Yep. He and Maggie are having a conversation and he says that he never felt like he belonged before until now. He used to live in a group home and never really got close to anyone. "Neighbors, friends, boyfriends," as he puts it. Maggie smiles and says he should try it sometime.

Do Maggie and Daryl have any kind of talk about Glenn?

Yes, they have a pretty emotional talk while they're hiding in the cellar from the Saviors. Daryl starts to cry and says it was his fault. Maggie says it wasn't and that Glenn thought Daryl was one of the good things in this world. And Glenn would know because he was one of the good things too. Maggie then hugs Daryl.

When the Saviors show up to get Doctor Carson, what happens?

Simon basically tells Gregory that "a certain somebody of his now needs to be a certain somebody for Negan." Then he announces they're taking Dr. Carson. It is revealed here that the 2 Dr. Carson's are actually brothers just like in the comics. Also, apparently the extra-crispy Dr. Carson may have been an asshole by nature because the Hilltop Carson asks, "What did my brother do? Piss off somebody?" when he finds out his brother is dead.

What do Simon and Gregory discuss?

I think Gregory may be trying to set up Maggie to be killed by the Saviors. He tells Simon that there are some people who may try to take over the Hilltop and that they may not be as cooperative with the Saviors as he has been. Simon wants to know who, but Gregory doesn't tell. However, Simon does tell him that if he ever has any trouble like that to just come and let him know and they'll take care of it. Simon then gives Gregory directions to the Sanctuary.

What happens to Daryl and Maggie when the Saviors arrive?

They hide in the cellar with the help of Enid. The Saviors don't find them.

What happens when Rosita and Sasha carry out their plan? Does anyone get captured?

Rosita and Sasha are able to cut through the fence surrounding the Sanctuary, and Sasha goes through. Then at the last minute, Sasha bolts the fence back up, and tells Rosita to run. We don't see Sasha captured, but she does run inside one of the buildings and we hear a crapload of gunfire.

Does Eugene turn down a rescue attempt?

Yep. He's with the guy on night watch duty explaining to him about the walkers, and then all of a sudden that guy is shot in the head. Sasha and Rosita appear, cut through the fence, and tells him to go. But he doesn't. He just starts crying and says he didn't ask anyone to rescue him. Then he goes back inside. Damnit, Eugene!

It ends with Rosita running from the Sanctuary, crying all the way. Then when she stops she sees a shadow figure with a crossbow. (Daryl? Dwight?)

Leeness

Apparently she's getting a highly remixed version of Holly's death. They haven't really clarified further that I've seen.

TSDF said:
I'm seeing a lot of people saying that Sasha is taking Holly's death. The version we are leaning more towards being accurate is NOT Holly's death from the comics. You could MAYBE call it a remix, but it's still considerably different.

dustyherb

I can't imagine they go back to Negan leading the Saviors again. That'd be ridiculous.
Ya I don't think so either. I think Negan is going to trick Sherry, Tara, John and the rest of the saviors and act like he is on their side. Shouldn't be hard to do considering they don't know anything he's done since he escaped from jail. Once they think he's joining them against Rick and the communities he'll do something to fuck them up. At least that's what I'm hoping happens lol.

One way I could see Negan leading again is if they kill all The Saviors currently attacking Alexandria. Leaving The Sanctuary/Saviors without a leader for a second time. Maybe Negan could take charge again and make it so they actually fall in line with Rick and the others. But even that just seems super unlikely. Doesn't really matter how much good Negan does, I can't ever imagine Rick being ok with him leading a group.

I don't even read the comics but you guys aren't doing a good job of following up. What happened to Andrea?
The next issue isn't out till April 5th.

Leeness

Next episode Q&A from TSDF

"Something They Need", spoilering because it's only Wednesday lol. Whatever.

What happens with the group's encounter at Oceanside?

Using some of the explosives Rick and Co. found on the highway, they are able to corral everyone at Oceanside at one place. Except for Natania and Cyndie. Tara confronts them at gunpoint in their house. Rick tells them they are there to take their guns to fight the Saviors, but they also want them to join them in the fight. They certainly don't want to hurt them. In the end, it seems like most of them want to join Rick, but Natania said no way. Since she's the leader, they bow down and give Rick their weapons (ALL of them).

How does the conversation between Rick and Natania go?

It goes completely nowhere. Natania is finally able to overpower Tara and has a gun pointed to her head. Rick tells Natania that if she kills Tara then she'll die too, but she doesn't care. She'd rather die than to send her people into a battle they can't win. Enid is the one who finally steps up and hits Natania in the head with a rock to level the playing field, but Natania still doesn't bend.

Do Tara and Cyndie talk? Does Cyndie feel betrayed?

At first, but by the end of the episode, Cyndie forgives her. She even thanks Tara for what she's doing (trying to make the world be run by good people instead of bullies like the Saviors).

In the sneak peek we see Gregory looking at his knife with Maggie. Does he consider attacking her? What happens?

Yes, that little slime ball! Maggie asks Gregory to keep watch for walkers while she's planting some vegetables, and the asshole actually considers killing her right there. Shortly after, a walker attacks Gregory. It's obvious he has never killed a walker before. He screams for Maggie like a little girl and she has to save his ass.

What does Negan do when Sasha attacks the Sanctuary?

He locks her in the cell, but it's not quite as bad as Daryl. She still has her clothes, and she's given good food and bedding (oh, and no Easy Street either.) When Negan finally shows up, he basically offers to make her one of his top lieutenants (in time of course) because of her "beachball lady nuts."

After Sasha is taken prisoner, does a Savior try to attack her in her cell? What happens?

Yes, the Savior David comes into her cell and tries to rape her, but Negan walks in on him. In return, David gets a knife through the neck.

How does Eugene feel about Sasha being a prisoner? He's a little distraught, but ultimately encourages her to join Negan.

What request does Sasha make to Eugene? Why?

She begs Eugene to give her something "to end it." She knows full well Negan's going to use her to hurt her friends, and she can't live with that. Eugene obliges. She might have been asking for a weapon so she could actually take out Negan. When Eugene slips the suicide pills under the cell door, she seems surprised and upset.

It ends with Rick and Co. returning from Oceanside to be greeted by Rosita at the gate. She says they have a visitor, and that's when she leads Rick to Dwight who says he can help. Daryl tries to attack Dwight, but Rosita stops him and says he really wants to help. Then Rick asks if that's true. Dwight says "Yes," and then Rick pulls his gun and orders Dwight to his knees. Fade to black.

Bonus:
* Negan hears from "a little birdie" that Rick is making plans and so he prepares to head to Alexandria. Gregory gets ready to go to the Sanctuary in this episode, but doesn't leave yet so Negan didn't hear it from him.

* Good scene with a mini-herd of some cool looking walkers at Oceanside. Rick and Co have to take them all out.

* Eugene tells Sasha the reason why he has joined Negan is because when he was in that Lucille line-up it was the most scared he's been in his entire life. Then it was "rinse and repeat" when it happened to Glenn. He can't feel that way again, and by being at the Sanctuary that ensures he never will.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
That sounds like a good episode. I'm excited.

My guess is the Sasha death is the emotional climax of the season, but it won't be emotionally impactful because everyone already hates negan and I feel like the Sasha character didn't get a chance to connect with audiences recently given how disjointed and erratic this season has been, where you can go a whole month or more without seeing a main character.

someday

Banned
I really didn't expect the pills to come into play for Sasha. That is a shitty way to go out for her. I sort of hope that's not how she ends it. But, ask a coward for help and suicide pills are probably more likely than a gun lol.

Leeness

Wow wow. A play by play for the finale (not from TSDF) is up and it sounds awesome. I'm not going to post it here because it's like 10,000 words or something, but I assume TSDF's Q&A will be up soon and that can be posted here.

But it sounds like basically a big LotR battle episode haha.

someday

Banned
Wow wow. A play by play for the finale (not from TSDF) is up and it sounds awesome. I'm not going to post it here because it's like 10,000 words or something, but I assume TSDF's Q&A will be up soon and that can be posted here.

But it sounds like basically a big LotR battle episode haha.

Where can I find it?

Leeness

Where can I find it?

The Walking Dead Zone? I think it's another forum you need to sign up for, but someone posted it over at TSDF.

I'm guessing the Q&A will be soon, but if it's a forum and you don't feel like signing up, I can type up some highlights :)

Chumley

Banned
Normally I just spoil myself but I kind of want to go into this one fresh, assuming they increase the scale a bit from this part in the comics.

someday

Banned
The Walking Dead Zone? I think it's another forum you need to sign up for, but someone posted it over at TSDF.

I'm guessing the Q&A will be soon, but if it's a forum and you don't feel like signing up, I can type up some highlights :)

I'll make a login at The Walking Dead Zone. If I can't get in, I'll be back asking for details :)

Leeness

-Essentially everyone comes together for the first big battle
-Sasha ends up at the battle as a walker and attacks Negan, Carl fires the opening shot of the battle
-Garbage crew betrays Rick and co. One shoots Rick in the side, one majorly beats up Michonne
-Rick and Carl end up in another line up with Negan, who is going to bat Carl, but Kingdom crew shows up and Shiva leaps in to eat a Savior, distracting Negan and Rick and Carl get away
-Once Kingdom and Hilltop show up, the Saviors get beat back and retreat
-In the end, Negan swears war, Maggie and Jesus go out and find walker Sasha and put her down :(

Sasha's whole thing is that she "agrees" with Negan to go to the battle and "only one person" has to get hurt, she ends up travelling in a coffin, and takes the pills to kill herself, and there's a lot of flashbacks and aware dreams with Sasha and Abe together before she kills herself.

Vey broad strokes, anyway.

someday

Banned
Just read the full spoilers. Wow, that's a big episode! Looks like it will be a good one, minus some of the flashback stuff that drives me nuts.

Top Bottom