• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Hugstable

Banned
After playing alot of Destiny 2, I looked back at Destiny 1 (only played during Dark Below era) and found out I also owned House of Wolves and Taken King. Picked up Rise of Iron as well and have been experiencing all the story missions I missed back in the day. Probably gonna be awhile before Im strong enough and doubt anyone does much of then these days, but I would love to experience the raids from Destiny 1

Anyone still playing Destiny 1 on PS4? I'm still waiting for D2 on PC to release so I went back to D1 for a bit, playing a Nightstalker as I never did try that when TTK came out. If anyone sees this, I could use some help with the Court of Oryx quest.

Me and a friend recently jumped in on ps4 and are trying the vault of glass raid with people who are willing to help us and allow us to figure out things by ourselves.

I am one of those people. Lemme know when yall want to try

Lol well there you go. I'll Pm you.
I understand most people finished the game but I imagine there are people willing to tag along and kill stuff and just hang back while newbies try to figure stuff out. That's not to crazy right?

I've done the VoG many times in year 1, but that sounds fun. Shoot me a PM, and if we can get a fireteam together at a good time then I'd be happy to help.

While we're at it, I've never played Kings Fall or Wrath of the Machine, and I wouldn't mind getting to experience those before Destiny 2 launches if anyone wants to Sherpa we through em

After playing alot of Destiny 2, I looked back at Destiny 1 (only played during Dark Below era) and found out I also owned House of Wolves and Taken King. Picked up Rise of Iron as well and have been experiencing all the story missions I missed back in the day. Probably gonna be awhile before Im strong enough and doubt anyone does much of then these days, but I would love to experience the raids from Destiny 1

If you all can agree on a common time, I can help out with the Destiny 1 raids.

Hugstable

Banned
So I ended up fighting off Oryx in the Taken King story quests, hit level 40 and now am around Light Level 240 or so. I'm wondering what I'm supposed to do next at this point? I saw that to start the Rise of Iron quests I need to be 280+ and it's listed as Very Hard currently. Tried to do another Taken King mission called Paradox, but it seems ridiculously hard compared to everything before. I also have some quests for stuff in the strikes for Taken King like Shield Brothers, but everytime I selected it, I get sent to the strike alone and there doesn't seem to be any other players on my fireteam. Kinda stuck on how to progress at this point :(

Cornbread78

So I ended up fighting off Oryx in the Taken King story quests, hit level 40 and now am around Light Level 240 or so. I'm wondering what I'm supposed to do next at this point? I saw that to start the Rise of Iron quests I need to be 280+ and it's listed as Very Hard currently. Tried to do another Taken King mission called Paradox, but it seems ridiculously hard compared to everything before. I also have some quests for stuff in the strikes for Taken King like Shield Brothers, but everytime I selected it, I get sent to the strike alone and there doesn't seem to be any other players on my fireteam. Kinda stuck on how to progress at this point :(

Your best bet would to look on LFG and see if anyone is still playing D1, so you can get people to run the content with. I'd assume by now, there is little or no matchmaking to be had....

f@luS

More than a member.
First week I start to feel a bit tired of the game

I have 3x305 for 1 month. Full raid set on all. 2 full Iron banner set. Every raid / trial / IB weapon

I need Iron banner to come back. Don’t even want to do the milestone this week. To get share by dismantling .....

I have 18/19 exotic weapon - 11/11 exotic on Titan - 9/11 exotic on my warlock and 8/11 for my hunter.

I’ll slow down. I’m not regretting anything. Played so much already.

Wish the Live Team would revert the special ammo nerf in PVP on D1. I'm back on it for the time being since I'm not motivated to do anything else in D2.

Sorry for the bump. But are people still playing this game? It's a genuine question as I have no friends who play D2 and have an itch I want to scratch on some old strikes.

NickFire

I keep trying to go back since the last content drop, but all the talk about the next drop being the one to finally fix the game has put me off. That and I am not going outside the game to find people to end game with.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Destiny Year 2 Reveal Twitch going on right now:

Seraphym

I haven't dropped on the DLC yet, so had a look at the pricing for the DLC and annual pass ... $70 seems steep.
Still play the core game once a week with my group so maybe we will wait for a GOTY release

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
I don't know man, after seeing that reveal I'm more excited for Destiny 2 than I've ever been.

It looks like it'll fundamentally change the game for the better in just about every way I've been looking for. It feels kinda rough that this wasn't the game we got initially, but I've gotten my money's worth out of the core game and the initial DLC in spades, so I don't feel ripped off. Maybe a bit frustrated at how long it's taken to get to where we are with Warmind, but I've had a lot of fun throughout my time with the game.

Maybe I'm broken though, as I'm used to paying a monthly fee for MMOs so the idea of dropping $70 a year just auto translates to "well that's just like 6 bucks a month..." and it's an easy sell.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
40 Dollars for the base expansion, plus 30 dollars for a season pass. Half the time you can get the "season pass" for sale down the line for a quarter of its price. I am none too worried, but I also spend 15 a month on WoW for nearly 14 years and 12 on FFXIV. A measley 70 dollars for what will give me another 100-ish hours of gameplay? Fine by me.

I have really enjoyed my time with Destiny 2. It is everything I wanted the original to be. A strong (if short) story, good replay-ability, strong world design, and devoid of the terrible loot systems that plagued D1 in its early years.

Seraphym

Sorry I should of been clearer on the difference between the season pass and DLC pricing.
Warmind looked like fun and the Forsaken content genuinely looks like a good step forward, particularly in the potential loot variety.

Mochilador

I really want to get into Destiny 2 but it's such a expensive game. You have to buy the first two expansions and there will be a new one (not cheap).
I beat the campaign in a free weekend. I didn't buy the game because I wasn't sure how much content the expansions had.

I really want to get into Destiny 2 but it's such a expensive game. You have to buy the first two expansions and there will be a new one (not cheap).
I beat the campaign in a free weekend. I didn't buy the game because I wasn't sure how much content the expansions had.

At this point it's better to wait for a bundle with everything.

Top Bottom