• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone X | OT | November 3

wachie

https://www.apple.com/iphone-x/

6y1gL5z.png

SPECS

jwk94

Beautiful phone, but waayyy too much money. The iPhone 8+ seems like the more sensible buy this year.

TheDanimal

It doesn't really feel like this is as big a jump as Apple is claiming it is.
The biggest thing is FaceID, which just sounds... inconvenient.

can't wait. I can't believe its nov 3rd? Fuck me I want a new phone already. :( I've been waiting to pick up a new phone in 1-2 weeks

corn_fest

It looks... bad. Why still have a bezel? Why embrace the notch?

If you're going for an "all-screen" phone, go all the way.

Irminsul

One remark on Face ID and what really needs to be checked:

Windows Hello works quite similar on Microsofts Surface Pro, with all that fancy IR stuff. Now, it works really fast in the dark or with normal indoors lighting, but it does not work at all in direct sunlight.

That isn't too bad for a laptop, but for a phone I'd argue it definitely is. Hopefully someone can test this soon.

TrutaS

Size points at it being just a bit bigger than the 7 which is nice for the screen size gain. Hoping to side side by side comparisons soon.

Nightfall

Euro price

This is insane. 200 more than US

This!
I've been an iPhone user since the first one and I really like Apple products (several different MacBooks over the years)
But I can't bring myself to justify paying almost 1200€ for a 64GB iPhone X. And the 8 is no alternative. There's just not enough new stuff on the table.
My current 6s will definitely be my last iPhone.

OT isn't X Gonna Give To Ya?

When is this out?

November.

People can balk at that price but all the phone companies will do their damnedest to incentivize and subsidize the phone so people can be talking poop emojis.

My question is can I adjust the display size for video so it's not wrapping out the front camera stuff?

So regardless of color choice for the X model, it's gonna have the black colored notch? I was hoping a white notch/bezel might make it look less garish lol.

I'm in the market for a new phone and have never been with Apple before, always Android and for the last few years W10.

I was hoping the X would be the one to get me onto the iOS bandwagon but after watching the conference I'm not too sure.

Top Bottom